Le'Veon Bell

famousj

43 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

Honestly why not ? We're in year 4 (?!) of a rebuild and are arguably worse than we were four years ago

Our best offensive players were drafted by Tannenbaum and Idzik

Macc can't draft for s@!t outside of the top 6 anyway

Give up Rounds 3-7 and let's maybe win a game

I'm not opposed to him coming here as long as we don't have to give up valuable picks. We have the money... that's not the issue. We aren't going to be able to spend all 130mill in the offseason. Its just not going to happen, not enough high dollar players will want to come here. The Steelers I think will want something they cant get for him, so I don't think they get a deal done. I also don't think they want to trade him inside the AFC if they don't have to (like Oakland not wanting to trade Mack to us). At the end of the day the only way I'm OK with bringing Bell in is if we only have to give up a 4th Rounder or later for him (doubtful) and we can sign him to a 3 year deal when traded, so we don't give up a pick just to lose him in the offseason.

I'd only trade a 5th or lower for Bell. He is an aging rental. If we want him in the offseason we are better off just making a big offer then and saving the picks now.

That said the pros of making a deal for him are that youd get first did at resigning him and you get a trial period to see if he meshes here.

10 hours ago, drew39k said:

I'd only trade a 5th or lower for Bell. He is an aging rental. If we want him in the offseason we are better off just making a big offer then and saving the picks now.

That said the pros of making a deal for him are that youd get first did at resigning him and you get a trial period to see if he meshes here.

He's 26, so he's not that old... he's actually in his prime years. I like you, not give up any valuable pick for him. But I would give him a 3 year deal. I think he can play at an All Pro level for 3 years.

I wouldn’t trade a 3rd for him but anything lower than that and I don’t see a problem. We traded a 4th for Chris Ivory for Christ’s sake. 

What I don’t want to do is trade a premium pick just in the HOPES we clear house in the offseason and our new GM would need the picks to elevate this bang average roster. 

20 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

If we weren’t starving for a difference maker on offense I wouldn’t be pro getting him. But he haven’t had a difference maker on offense at WR or RB since Martin

Talking about difference makers on offensive. I am starting to worry about Rob Anderson, in his last two games last year and the first three this year in numbers are way down. 

His last five games, Receptions 12, total receiving yards 143, 1 TD. and a lot of his receiving yards came on that long TD pass from Darnold.  Enunwa. Kearse, & Pryor are all good receivers. I am not worried about his fumble after the catch, I am sure he will get that fixed. I am not sure he is a every down receiver. He still could be a very valuable player the more Darnold, develops.

58 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Talking about difference makers on offensive. I am starting to worry about Rob Anderson, in his last two games last year and the first three this year in numbers are way down. 

His last five games, Receptions 12, total receiving yards 143, 1 TD. and a lot of his receiving yards came on that long TD pass from Darnold.  Enunwa. Kearse, & Pryor are all good receivers. I am not worried about his fumble after the catch, I am sure he will get that fixed. I am not sure he is a every down receiver. He still could be a very valuable player the more Darnold, develops.

Quite frankly Anderson is overrated on here. He’s a 1 trick pony. When we have a young QB we clearly are playing conservative and not launching the ball deep often. So he’s more than likely going to have a down year unless we go with a more aggressive play calling.

15 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

I'm more worried we'll trade for him and he'll still sit. There's no reason for him to play this year and risk getting injured. Handshake deals are meaningless.

He’s sitting bc he wants his contract not a tag. I don’t imagine we’d trade for him unless we agreed to a deal

16 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

He’s sitting bc he wants his contract not a tag. I don’t imagine we’d trade for him unless we agreed to a deal

Cant give him a new deal until the offseason. That's one of the issues with dealing for him. If we were allowed to give him a new contract for this season it would make him more appealing to deal for simply because we could count this year as part of the pact and be on the hook for one less year at the end.

18 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Yeah. Since he has yet to sign the tender. Can't play until he signs or gets contract and then signs the tender to make a trade official.  Now, I doubt there is any single team that wants to pony any higher than 4th round pick for Bell.  Bell is stuck in the limbo until the upcoming offseason.

1 minute ago, drew39k said:

Cant give him a new deal until the offseason. That's one of the issues with dealing for him. If we were allowed to give him a new contract for this season it would make him more appealing to deal for simply because we could count this year as part of the pact and be on the hook for one less year at the end.

Exactly. We can't give him a deal until the season is over, so I don't see why he would risk his future earnings even if he was traded.

6 minutes ago, drew39k said:

I don't think it is correct.  After Week 7 or 8, any deal is prohibit until the SB is contested.

Only Steelers can't negotiate any contract with Bell since the deadline was passed.

16 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Yeah. Since he has yet to sign the tender. Can't play until he signs or gets contract and then signs the tender to make a trade official.  Now, I doubt there is any single team that wants to pony any higher than 4th round pick for Bell.  Bell is stuck in the limbo until the upcoming offseason.

Main reason I believe we are being linked to him is our cap. Indy is really the only other team that has cap space that could use him. They’re not trading him to Cleveland being in the division. SF just paid McKinnon, Tennessee paid Lewis and have Henry. Houston have Miller and Foreman. So I think it comes down to us and Indy with Houston and Tennessee having a shot. Like I said im ok with giving them Powell and a late round pick with a contract extension agreed to. Outside of that... I don’t want him 

Archived