Le'Veon Bell

famousj

24 minutes ago, drew39k said:

Cant give him a new deal until the offseason. That's one of the issues with dealing for him. If we were allowed to give him a new contract for this season it would make him more appealing to deal for simply because we could count this year as part of the pact and be on the hook for one less year at the end.

I’ll have to check on this....

Just checked and you’re correct. This makes it less intriguing. But there could always be a deal under the table.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Quite frankly Anderson is overrated on here. He’s a 1 trick pony. When we have a young QB we clearly are playing conservative and not launching the ball deep often. So he’s more than likely going to have a down year unless we go with a more aggressive play calling.

That is my point exactly.

Darnold is in the top half in YPA so we aren't really going conservative as much as people think.  We just haven't taken the deep shots that Anderson excels at quite yet.  There is so much time left can't say we won't get him involved the rest of the season.  When we do get him involved though he needs to hold onto the football better that's for sure.

I don't get the Bell trade for any team really.  The guy wants to mail it in this year until FA next year.  Even if he's traded since the team can't sign him he's not going to come in and be the bell cow for any team and get worn down.  He already said he's not doing that so if he won't do it for PIT why would he do it for another team who may not resign him.

It's a bad situation really.  Until PIT releases him out right it makes no sense to trade for a guy who doesn't care about this season.

Just sign him next year if you really want him or offer up nothing more than a 6th.

As for the under the table aspect.  If he tears his ACL week 14 are we still going to sign a RB off and ACL injury likely to miss most of 2019 to 15-16M a year?

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

Darnold is in the top half in YPA so we aren't really going conservative as much as people think.  We just haven't taken the deep shots that Anderson excels at quite yet.  There is so much time left can't say we won't get him involved the rest of the season.  When we do get him involved though he needs to hold onto the football better that's for sure.

I don't get the Bell trade for any team really.  The guy wants to mail it in this year until FA next year.  Even if he's traded since the team can't sign him he's not going to come in and be the bell cow for any team and get worn down.  He already said he's not doing that so if he won't do it for PIT why would he do it for another team who may not resign him.

It's a bad situation really.  Until PIT releases him out right it makes no sense to trade for a guy who doesn't care about this season.

Just sign him next year if you really want him or offer up nothing more than a 6th.

As for the under the table aspect.  If he tears his ACL week 14 are we still going to sign a RB off and ACL injury likely to miss most of 2019 to 15-16M a year?

Very vague stat right there. YPA doesn't correlate to yards being thrown down field. A 4 yard slant pattern that goes for 18 yards goes down as 18 yards on that stat not 3 yards. See my point. Darnold isn't launching the ball deep. Whether that's the play calling or him not confident enough to take the shots down field, I don't know. But I know we lack playmakers. Enunwa is the closest we have right now. This is a Bell thread so I want to get back on topic. And since he's a difference maker I'm not opposed to adding him for the right price. Now that I know he cant resign... that makes me want him less for sure.

5 hours ago, JetsandI said:

I don't think it is correct.  After Week 7 or 8, any deal is prohibit until the SB is contested.

Only Steelers can't negotiate any contract with Bell since the deadline was passed.

Disregard this post.  I was downloading some update to fix the computer and internet speed was as fast as snail. That is why I was not able to recheck the fact and for some reason, the post was posted and being edited poorly.   My apologies for distributing misinformation unless it was about Nuclear crap.

Anyway, Bell could sign the tender between the first day after trade deadline and the first day of Week 11 to screw Steelers' compensatory selection.  If signed, Steelers would have to wait until 2020 draft to get compensatory pick for a loss of Bell. If not signed, Steelers could get a compensatory selection for 2019 draft. Good Luck, Steelers.

26 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Very vague stat right there. YPA doesn't correlate to yards being thrown down field. A 4 yard slant pattern that goes for 18 yards goes down as 18 yards on that stat not 3 yards. See my point. Darnold isn't launching the ball deep. Whether that's the play calling or him not confident enough to take the shots down field, I don't know. But I know we lack playmakers. Enunwa is the closest we have right now. This is a Bell thread so I want to get back on topic. And since he's a difference maker I'm not opposed to adding him for the right price. Now that I know he cant resign... that makes me want him less for sure.

YAC has no effect on YPA.  You throw the ball 1 yard on a screen it goes down as 1 yard on your YPA.  Yards per completion go up though if you throw a screen and it goes for 70 yards.  YPA is a good stat to know who is dinking and dunking and who is pushing the ball down field.

But yes back on topic.  Any GM would be stupid to trade for a guy you can't sign this year and wants to be a FA and limit his workload so he's fresh.

7 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

As long as Jets don't get Bell, I am all good.  Just because he excelled in Pittsburgh does not mean he can repeat the success with different team.

Our OL has done much better in the run game then we could have expected, they just can't pass block worth a damn.  Why would you not want an elite talent like Bell when 2 average backs can run for 4.5 ypc?  Plus he's just another pass catching weapon.

As I said I would never trade for him this year because of the situation but if we strike out on guys like Marpet and Barr because their team resigns or franchises them and we have nobody to spend 110M on then why not make him an offer.  I wouldn't love a big contract for a RB but I'd offer him 4yr/60M and see if he bites.  If those other guys hit the market then I prefer to go OL and pass rush first but why not grab an elite talent when the opportunity hits.  He's 26 in his prime and is an elite player.  We don't have a massive contract to dish out for a few years.

34 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Our OL has done much better in the run game then we could have expected, they just can't pass block worth a damn.  Why would you not want an elite talent like Bell when 2 average backs can run for 4.5 ypc?  Plus he's just another pass catching weapon.

As I said I would never trade for him this year because of the situation but if we strike out on guys like Marpet and Barr because their team resigns or franchises them and we have nobody to spend 110M on then why not make him an offer.  I wouldn't love a big contract for a RB but I'd offer him 4yr/60M and see if he bites.  If those other guys hit the market then I prefer to go OL and pass rush first but why not grab an elite talent when the opportunity hits.  He's 26 in his prime and is an elite player.  We don't have a massive contract to dish out for a few years.

Ali Marpet won't cost that much.  He is solid and durable but not elite.  Easy to re-sign him, imo.  Anthony Barr isn't a natural pass rusher we seek for as he is perfect in wild 4-3 scheme.  

Jets' OL still clogs as hell.  Perhaps opening up holes half percentage of what Bell has accustomed to hitting. For that $$$, no thanks.

2 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

We have to hit the cap floor next year... so we have to sign guys. Knowing how bad Macc is... he'll just give Enunwa, OBJ money... Claiborne. Trumaine money.. Leo, Cox money...etc. Just to avoid actually making this team any good.

15 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

We have to hit the cap floor next year... so we have to sign guys. Knowing how bad Macc is... he'll just give Enunwa, OBJ money... Claiborne. Trumaine money.. Leo, Cox money...etc. Just to avoid actually making this team any good.

If anything Mac has been really conservative with handing out overpaid contracts.  Not sure why you think all of a sudden he's going to just start doing that.  He typically hits his number and sticks to it.  Probably the reason guys like Collins and Vernon aren't Jets because the Browns and Giants outbid us.

On 9/24/2018 at 9:43 PM, GangGreen420 said:

RB is the least of our problems. The offensive line is so abysmal I don’t think he will be the difference maker he is now. Just seems like a waste for a team that’s not ready to win now considering he wants a ton of money and has a ton of carries on him already.

At least that way we can throw even more passes behind or at the line of scrimmage. The coaches would dig that. 

If we're not ready to win in the 4th year of this cycle then we never will

We have offensive playmaker problems; it doesn't matter where Le'Veon will sit on the depth chart

We need talent, period

30 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

If we're not ready to win in the 4th year of this cycle then we never will

We have offensive playmaker problems; it doesn't matter where Le'Veon will sit on the depth chart

We need talent, period

You know we can’t sign him to a long term deal and he can walk in free agency right? There is no reason to give a draft pick for a 13 game rental. None. Not to mention he has really no incentive to even play for us.

and yeah, we aren’t ready to win now. It’s a problem 

Archived