Sign in to follow this  
famousj

Le'Veon Bell

8 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

At this rate, they probably don't have a choice because every team in the league know that Bell is going to be gone soon. Steelers don't deal with situations like this for long. The longer he holds out, the less likely teams will take the risk because they'll have less time with him. Now his conditioning is questioned and teams don't know if he would be willing to resign. No one is going to trade a 2nd unless they have a good amount of them. Trade him now, they still have 12 games to make it work. 

Even though Earl Thomas is playing under contract, he suffers the similar situation.

Just now, JetsandI said:

Even though Earl Thomas is playing under contract, he suffers the similar situation.

Agreed. Seahawks & Steelers don't have any leverage. Now the reports are saying Steelers are actively shopping him. I'm calling it now, someone will make the offer this week. If our ground game doesn't show up and the WR's are basically shutdown today, it's going to be us. 

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

How about 5th and a coach, namely Todd Bowles?

I will go a step father, NO player, but we will give you a Head Coach & GM.  And if the Steelers push the issue I will throw two trust fund owners.

On 2018-09-30 at 11:25 AM, rickyt31 said:

Agreed. Seahawks & Steelers don't have any leverage. Now the reports are saying Steelers are actively shopping him. I'm calling it now, someone will make the offer this week. If our ground game doesn't show up and the WR's are basically shutdown today, it's going to be us. 

and what will you offer?  I don't understand the rental idea for this RB that wants $20M per season, but if teams are going to offer, what will they trade is going to  make this interesting .  The steelers need help on D  but much of that could be the DC's fault and not all the players (but some for sure). 

7 hours ago, 3rivers said:

and what will you offer?  I don't understand the rental idea for this RB that wants $20M per season, but if teams are going to offer, what will they trade is going to  make this interesting .  The steelers need help on D  but much of that could be the DC's fault and not all the players (but some for sure). 

The issue is Pittsburgh has 0 leverage. Bc a team can’t resign him. I personally think he doesn’t get traded. Bc they’ll get a comp pick for him if they keep him. No team that can’t resign him will give higher than a 4th I don’t think. A player deal could happen though.