Le'Veon Bell

famousj

8 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

At this rate, they probably don't have a choice because every team in the league know that Bell is going to be gone soon. Steelers don't deal with situations like this for long. The longer he holds out, the less likely teams will take the risk because they'll have less time with him. Now his conditioning is questioned and teams don't know if he would be willing to resign. No one is going to trade a 2nd unless they have a good amount of them. Trade him now, they still have 12 games to make it work. 

Even though Earl Thomas is playing under contract, he suffers the similar situation.

Just now, JetsandI said:

Even though Earl Thomas is playing under contract, he suffers the similar situation.

Agreed. Seahawks & Steelers don't have any leverage. Now the reports are saying Steelers are actively shopping him. I'm calling it now, someone will make the offer this week. If our ground game doesn't show up and the WR's are basically shutdown today, it's going to be us. 

On 2018-09-30 at 11:25 AM, rickyt31 said:

Agreed. Seahawks & Steelers don't have any leverage. Now the reports are saying Steelers are actively shopping him. I'm calling it now, someone will make the offer this week. If our ground game doesn't show up and the WR's are basically shutdown today, it's going to be us. 

and what will you offer?  I don't understand the rental idea for this RB that wants $20M per season, but if teams are going to offer, what will they trade is going to  make this interesting .  The steelers need help on D  but much of that could be the DC's fault and not all the players (but some for sure). 

7 hours ago, 3rivers said:

and what will you offer?  I don't understand the rental idea for this RB that wants $20M per season, but if teams are going to offer, what will they trade is going to  make this interesting .  The steelers need help on D  but much of that could be the DC's fault and not all the players (but some for sure). 

The issue is Pittsburgh has 0 leverage. Bc a team can’t resign him. I personally think he doesn’t get traded. Bc they’ll get a comp pick for him if they keep him. No team that can’t resign him will give higher than a 4th I don’t think. A player deal could happen though. 

• 1 month later...

The quest to sign Bell, has already begun.

questions

#1 How many teams are willing to give the money Bell wants ?

# 2 Unlike Kirk Cousins I don't think Bell cares what team he goes to, with him it is all about money for him and other running backs.

# 3 Is Bell going to want a Guaranteed contract for several years? ( that could be a major stumbling block for most teams )

# 4 How far are the Jets willing to go to sign Bell? The one positive thing if we do sign him we don't have to give up any draft picks or roster players.

# 5 Will the Jets have to give up a compensation pick if he signs with the Jets

# 6 Dose bell have a attitude problem?? That is one thing I am not sure of.

Few things why I think we stand about a 90% chance of getting him.

1. We have the money. He’s going to chase the money.

2. We have a big market in NY for him to make additional money.

3. He’d be the face of the franchise.

4. The other teams that have the money for him, don’t have a bad RB situation. Meaning they're unlikely to throw big money at Bell when they have good options there already.

5. He’s likely going to take longer than most FAs to sign. Which would allow us to sign other players to show him we want to compete.

6. Hopefully before FA we have a new offensive HC and a good OC to recruit him here. We’re not convincing offensive players to come here with Bowles at HC and Bates at OC. But I’m guessing both those spots are replaced to help us convince offensive FAs.

2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

The quest to sign Bell, has already begun.

questions

#1 How many teams are willing to give the money Bell wants ?

# 2 Unlike Kirk Cousins I don't think Bell cares what team he goes to, with him it is all about money for him and other running backs.

# 3 Is Bell going to want a Guaranteed contract for several years? ( that could be a major stumbling block for most teams )

# 4 How far are the Jets willing to go to sign Bell? The one positive thing if we do sign him we don't have to give up any draft picks or roster players.

# 5 Will the Jets have to give up a compensation pick if he signs with the Jets

# 6 Dose bell have a attitude problem?? That is one thing I am not sure of.

Let me give it a shot

1 Eagles, 49ers, Colts and Browns (along with us) are reportedly interested in him. https://sportsnaut.com/2018/10/leveon-bell-believes-eagles-49ers-among-teams-interested-in-him/

2 it might be about the money but if the money is close I think he goes to a team with Wentz, Luck or Jimmy G. Eagles would have to make major cuts to sign him but the Colts have more cap space than us and the Browns and 49ers aren’t far behind.

3 I think the whole point of his holdout is for the guaranteed money so any team that is interested in him would have to be willing to spend. 

4 if Mac is in charge probably too far because he needs to save his job. A new GM might not want to overspend because he would have time.

5 No Pitt would get one from the league

6 I don’t think so but who knows. 

What are Bell's contract demands? From everything I've read it seems like he just wants more guaranteed money than the Steelers were offering. He wasn't happy with the structure of the contract. Looking at the Steelers offer, I agree with him. 

I'm guessing a little more than what Gurley got gets the job done. 

14 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

Let me give it a shot

1 Eagles, 49ers, Colts and Browns (along with us) are reportedly interested in him. https://sportsnaut.com/2018/10/leveon-bell-believes-eagles-49ers-among-teams-interested-in-him/

2 it might be about the money but if the money is close I think he goes to a team with Wentz, Luck or Jimmy G. Eagles would have to make major cuts to sign him but the Colts have more cap space than us and the Browns and 49ers aren’t far behind.

3 I think the whole point of his holdout is for the guaranteed money so any team that is interested in him would have to be willing to spend. 

4 if Mac is in charge probably too far because he needs to save his job. A new GM might not want to overspend because he would have time.

5 No Pitt would get one from the league

6 I don’t think so but who knows. 

I think you can take the Browns out of the running. They have two good RB's. It doesn't make sense for them to get Bell. They probably will focus on WRs. I also don't see Philly landing him. 

The Colts and 49ers though are legit options. If QB matters to him, Luck has the leg up. Jimmy G though is as much of an unknown and Darnold. If the surrounding team matters and the money is not his number 1 thing, than the Colts could be the front runner. I think it's going to be all about the guaranteed money though and which franchise is willing to pay him the most. All three can pay him.  

19 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

I think you can take the Browns out of the running. They have two good RB's. It doesn't make sense for them to get Bell. They probably will focus on WRs.

That makes sense  Chubb is coming into his own and Johnson is a good receiving back.  We probably have the 2nd weakest RB situation. The colts have Marlon Mack, 49ers have Matt Breida. Both are in their 2nd year so they aren’t really established. The Eagles’Jay Ajayi  is good but who knows if he will make a strong comeback. I believe he had injury concerns coming out of college which is why he lasted until the 5th round.

One of the thing i believe is that unless you have a good passing game, the runner will be facing an 8man box. Last year Bell only faced an 8 man box 20% of the time. Fournette was at 49%. 

1 hour ago, SDotNova said:

I think you can take the Browns out of the running. They have two good RB's. It doesn't make sense for them to get Bell. They probably will focus on WRs. I also don't see Philly landing him. 

The Colts and 49ers though are legit options. If QB matters to him, Luck has the leg up. Jimmy G though is as much of an unknown and Darnold. If the surrounding team matters and the money is not his number 1 thing, than the Colts could be the front runner. I think it's going to be all about the guaranteed money though and which franchise is willing to pay him the most. All three can pay him.  

49ers just gave McKinnon a good contract and also like Breida. RB isn’t an issue for them. Colts are the only team I’d be worried about if it was a competition to sign him. But if you ask me the combo of Mack and Hines has been just fine for them. Mack when healthy has looked good this season.

I personally would rather us go another direction, but I do fully anticipate us signing him. The Jets have tried signing an “elite” FA ever since Macc got here, and given the pressure to land a top player + need to put offensive weapons around him, I think we’ll ultimately overpay and get him. 

Expectation: 4 years, $65 million ($45 million guaranteed- additional $5 million available via escalators)

2 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

I personally would rather us go another direction, but I do fully anticipate us signing him. The Jets have tried signing an “elite” FA ever since Macc got here, and given the pressure to land a top player + need to put offensive weapons around him, I think we’ll ultimately overpay and get him. 

Expectation: 4 years, $65 million ($45 million guaranteed- additional $5 million available via escalators)

Normally I would too but with so much cap space we need play makers terribly. For 4 years, its really not too bad. Trumaine Johnson on the other hand...awful. 

4 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Interested to know who you’re talking about besides Cousins last year?

Archived