Le'Veon Bell

famousj

I'm always the first person driving the train behind not overspending on RB's in the draft and especially in FA.  That being said I am 100% on board for Bell and would give him the 16M per and 45M guaranteed.  I'd much rather spend big on a true game changer then over spend on mediocre tier 2 talent.

I'm all in on Bell.

Not a fan of giving up anything on top of a huge contract for Bell.

I do however think a "feature back" is a big thing again in todays NFL. Just look at the top teams this season with young quarterbacks and what they have at RB.

We need a versatile run/catch solid #1 back. I think we have found some players at TE that can do the job with a couple of weapons added. i.e. running back and top tier WR. We need OL help however and that needs to be top priority.

Offseason money and free agency can focus on a pass rusher and defense. 

Some of you need to peek the FA list before responding. Also maybe do some research on how this draft is insanely defense heavy, maybe the most defense heavy it’s ever been. Explain to me how we are adding offensive weapons with all this money we have? I seriously don’t get some fans. We have more money than we can spend and people don’t want the biggest FA offensive weapon we could possibly find. This is a bonafide no brained. Teams are putting up 35-50 points every weak and we can’t score TDs! The Rex Rya philosophies are a dinosaur. Build the offense completely and rush the passer and we have a chance to be as good as anyone.  

15 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Some of you need to peek the FA list before responding. Also maybe do some research on how this draft is insanely defense heavy, maybe the most defense heavy it’s ever been. Explain to me how we are adding offensive weapons with all this money we have? I seriously don’t get some fans. We have more money than we can spend and people don’t want the biggest FA offensive weapon we could possibly find. This is a bonafide no brained. Teams are putting up 35-50 points every weak and we can’t score TDs! The Rex Rya philosophies are a dinosaur. Build the offense completely and rush the passer and we have a chance to be as good as anyone.  

Exactly. KCs Defense is awful and they're 9-2. The Saints defense is awful and they're 8-2. Defense doesn't win championships in todays NFL. You need to score and make some plays on defense, Not BUILD A TEAM WITH DEFENSE. And we have one of the leagues worst offenses. The team that everyone would say has a worse offense than us just beat us by putting 40+ on us.

This offseason defense only has one hole to fill and that is pass rusher we can live with everything else for now.  Offensively we should 100% be all in on Bell and Funchess.

After that if we took all 6 or 7 picks whatever we have this year and took OL only we'd be better off for it.

We are likely to land a FA pass rusher (even if not a Clowney of Lawrence type name) and Bell (I hope).  Funchess will be a possibility and if not a lesser player like Ty Williams will be fine.  The FA OL crop will likely be largely overrated (due to the good ones getting resigned) which is why using the draft is the best way to improve the OL.  By the look of things we will be in the top 5 which makes Jonah a real possibility and clear cut #1 on all our draft boards.  He looks like the stable franchise LT we need and covet.

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

Build the offense completely and rush the passer and we have a chance to be as good as anyone.  

Yes! This why Manning was so successful with Freeney and Mathis and at DEN. Score points and force the opposing offense to keep up. If you have a great pass rush, it's going to only be a matter of time until you start forcing punts and turnovers and break away with the lead. We have never had a potent offense and even worse is we have never even tried to gain one. We've been aiming at average in hopes our defense will win it for us, and that's not a recipe for success. I get that you can't just hire an offensive minded HC and draft skill players and expect a SB, but not trying to do so at all is plain stupidity.

2 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

This offseason defense only has one hole to fill and that is pass rusher we can live with everything else for now.  Offensively we should 100% be all in on Bell and Funchess.

After that if we took all 6 or 7 picks whatever we have this year and took OL only we'd be better off for it.

We are likely to land a FA pass rusher (even if not a Clowney of Lawrence type name) and Bell (I hope).  Funchess will be a possibility and if not a lesser player like Ty Williams will be fine.  The FA OL crop will likely be largely overrated (due to the good ones getting resigned) which is why using the draft is the best way to improve the OL.  By the look of things we will be in the top 5 which makes Jonah a real possibility and clear cut #1 on all our draft boards.  He looks like the stable franchise LT we need and covet.

Absolutely. What does the defense need? An edge that's it. That and a offense that actual scores points and keeps them off the field. Its a very good edge FA class sign a guy that way. Use the rest of the money on offense and draft offense.

Do I like where this NFL is going? Personally, no. This has become flag football,. This is driven off fans inability to comprehend the more complexities of the game and thus its diluted down to appease fantasy footballs lucrative affect on the league. I have been a part of this board since I was 16 or 17, sometime in 2005 when I was looking for mock drafts after Pennington tore his rotator cuff . This board plays host to some of the leagues truest and most knowledgeable fans. Though at times we disagree about the direction of our program, we still remain more loyal to our emblem than we do to the individuals that may drive our personal fantasy teams each week.

I thought Monday Nights game was a complete disgrace to the game to be honest, but it is the direction the league has gone. They want eye popping numbers, records to be broken, scores and defense to resemble the NBA and fans to not necessarily have a teams elegance but that to the game itself. I guess all these opinions are for another debate so sorry for rambling but the point being is that we are so behind this trend. We continue to prioritize the most replaceable positions in the game and neglect the ones that are driving teams to overwhelmingly winning records. Superstar players don't hit the market very often in their prime, the idea to build this team with its cap room is such a poor strategy its becoming sad. Not only that but the fact that we hardly have anyone warranting a big pay day is even worse! 

Now since we are in the current situation we are in, behind the trends, excessive amount of cap room, poor draft classes and fewest amount of players under contract we  really have no choice but to at the very least attempt to add the absolute best play maker we can this offseason. It may go against everything I believe in, but the term will be short and maybe now we can focus again on drafting our infrastructure again and develop the best QB we have ever had. We have to change our philosophies from the top down or you can guarantee another losing season in 2019. We still may just get to the .500 mark and still need another year, but we have to move in this new direction of the game and finally go all in on offense. 

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

I thought Monday Nights game was a complete disgrace to the game to be honest, but it is the direction the league has gone. They want eye popping numbers, records to be broken, scores and defense to resemble the NBA and fans to not necessarily have a teams elegance but that to the game itself. I guess all these opinions are for another debate so sorry for rambling but the point being is that we are so behind this trend. We continue to prioritize the most replaceable positions in the game and neglect the ones that are driving teams to overwhelmingly winning records. Superstar players don't hit the market very often in their prime, the idea to build this team with its cap room is such a poor strategy its becoming sad. Not only that but the fact that we hardly have anyone warranting a big pay day is even worse!

I think this is a bit overblown. Of course not being able to lay hits over the middle or jam receivers at the line has hurt the defense's ability to slow the pass, but Monday night was more about 2 of the leagues most creative coaches using offenses loaded with speed and power than it was about poor defense. I think the Rams played great defense, but they still handed over 50 points because containing Hill, Kelce, Hunt, and Pat is pretty damn hard.

What I'd also like to nota about Bell... is that he's had a very injury free career and has a body that can with hold hits. Meaning I expect him to have 3+ years of great football in him. I view him as a Curtis Martin type FA signing (not quite as many years as Martin for us) not a LT type signing.

The only way I'd be upset that Bell isn't on our team is if he went to the Colts for more money. We need a playmaker in the worst way, he's liable to catch 70-80 passes and he can make magic happen. If we truly want Darnold to develop, we need to give him weapons. I personally don't care if a player holds out for more money because the way the NFL chews up players and spits them out.

2 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

And still said the only way he'd go to the Jets was for a 100M. He doesn't care where he goes, he just wants to get paid.

I don't think he is giving us a hometown discount or anything. Just that it gives us an edge in comparable offers. He's going to the highest bidder without a doubt.

I think the whole Jets thing came up because he was asked specifically about the Jets from a fan and then a reporter. I think you can substitute any team in there and he would have said the same thing. 

Archived