Le'Veon Bell

famousj

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I feel like it’s a problem that only persists because we suck at drafting. 

Most great teams aren’t concerned with not adding free agents they’re concerned with losing their own. 

Seriously. Didn't the Packers have a ridiculous stat during their Superbowl win that like 75+% their roster was drafted players?

2 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I feel like it’s a problem that only persists because we suck at drafting. 

Most great teams aren’t concerned with not adding free agents they’re concerned with losing their own. 

True. But even guys who people were pro ya drafting didn’t amount to anything here. Mo, Sheldon, Leo, Lee, etc. So even the guys some like don’t make a difference. Adams has been our only good drafted player in quite some time

18 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

True. But even guys who people were pro ya drafting didn’t amount to anything here. Mo, Sheldon, Leo, Lee, etc. So even the guys some like don’t make a difference. Adams has been our only good drafted player in quite some time

Am I the only one who thinks Lee has really turned the corner? He's one of our best coverage defenders and while undersized, I've seen him fight through blocks and traffic for multiple stops. I still think he'd be more dominant as a WLB in 4-3, but he's proven to be a solid ILB.

36 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Am I the only one who thinks Lee has really turned the corner? He's one of our best coverage defenders and while undersized, I've seen him fight through blocks and traffic for multiple stops. I still think he'd be more dominant as a WLB in 4-3, but he's proven to be a solid ILB.

Absolutely I think he solid. But that’s exactly our problem is we’ve spent some high picks on either complete fails or just as you say solid picks. Not difference makers. 

10 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

That’s what I’m saying Bobby. Imagine us actually picking 3rd and 4th round players we know will be contributors down the road.

We’ve never had that. 

Also I think Leo and Lee(who’s been great this year) are both better suited for a 4-3 defense. 

11 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

That’s what I’m saying Bobby. Imagine us actually picking 3rd and 4th round players we know will be contributors down the road.

We’ve never had that. 

Also I think Leo and Lee(who’s been great this year) are both better suited for a 4-3 defense. 

I agree that they’re better suited for a 4-3 but then we are incredibly weak at DE. And need 2 guys. Where atleast Jenkins is a good edge setter in a 3-4

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I agree that they’re better suited for a 4-3 but then we are incredibly weak at DE. And need 2 guys. Where atleast Jenkins is a good edge setter in a 3-4

With the cap space we have we could switch schemes this year almost seemingly. 

Imagine a combination of Bosa in the draft and Fowler or Clowney or Lawrence in Free Agency. 

9 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

With the cap space we have we could switch schemes this year almost seemingly. 

Imagine a combination of Bosa in the draft and Fowler or Clowney or Lawrence in Free Agency. 

That would work. But you still need to score points to win games. We can have this incredible defense but when our offense is like it is now... a great defense doesn't matter. WE're averaging like a TD on offense a game this season (only 5 TDs in the last 7 games). So our defense can be elite, but it wont matter. I think people are thinking we have a team like we had for the back to back AFCCGs. But they quickly forget that we were A LOT better at OL, RB and WR.

14 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

That would work. But you still need to score points to win games. We can have this incredible defense but when our offense is like it is now... a great defense doesn't matter. WE're averaging like a TD on offense a game this season (only 5 TDs in the last 7 games). So our defense can be elite, but it wont matter. I think people are thinking we have a team like we had for the back to back AFCCGs. But they quickly forget that we were A LOT better at OL, RB and WR.

We have a lot of money to spend and two 3rd round picks to address offensive concerns. 

Likely having an offensive minded coach plus natural progression from Darnold should also help.

The strength of this draft is at D-Line and Wide Receiver according to some “experts” we should take advantage of that.

30 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I would love to get Bosa. If he is not there when we draft i want to trade back in the early teens and pick up a 2nd and next year first. 

100%. We HAVE to lose out and also hope Darnold looks even solid at the same time. If we lose out and he looks as horrendous then we better pray the next coach can help him.

48 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I would love to get Bosa. If he is not there when we draft i want to trade back in the early teens and pick up a 2nd and next year first. 

This is a Le’Veon Bell thread. Please post stuff like this in the prospects thread

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I've come around to the idea of signing both Ingram and Coleman (over Bell).  Would likely cost about the same price and with the two of them, McGuire, and maybe keeping Cannon as a gadget guy, our run game could be nasty (if we can build an o-line).

Meh both are pretty average.  Coleman had his shot to be the man this year and is losing touches to a guy name Ish Smith.  

My offseason revolves around the OL.  A minimum a C and LG and if possible a LT and RG too.  This line needs major overhaul.  If we did nothing else but revamp the ol with 3-4 new good players I'd be thrilled.  Bell is still the guy to have in this class so we should be knocking on his door day 1.  If anything this season has made me not want either of Ingram or Coleman.  How has what you have seen from them this year make you come around to that idea?  It should be the opposite actually.  No interest in signing mediocre RB's to FA contracts.  I'd rather just keep Crowell, McGuire and Cannon and hope they can benefit from a better OL.  We already have plenty of those average guys on the roster.

11 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Meh both are pretty average.  Coleman had his shot to be the man this year and is losing touches to a guy name Ish Smith.  

My offseason revolves around the OL.  A minimum a C and LG and if possible a LT and RG too.  This line needs major overhaul.  If we did nothing else but revamp the ol with 3-4 new good players I'd be thrilled.  Bell is still the guy to have in this class so we should be knocking on his door day 1.  If anything this season has made me not want either of Ingram or Coleman.  How has what you have seen from them this year make you come around to that idea?  It should be the opposite actually.  No interest in signing mediocre RB's to FA contracts.  I'd rather just keep Crowell, McGuire and Cannon and hope they can benefit from a better OL.  We already have plenty of those average guys on the roster.

Both are extremely underrated.  Both have higher YPC's than Bell on their careers.   Bell wants elite receiver money.  It's a lot of dough.  Not saying he isn't a huge help to Darnold, but it's still something to take into consideration, especially when RB's get injured so frequently. 

Archived