Le'Veon Bell

famousj

3 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Ito right.  Ish was a b ball player.  NE is one of the worst run defenses in the league.  One game from Jaylen doesn't mean he's a career 4.8 ypc guy.  Talk about small sample size.

Connor has had a nice season no doubt but was a pretty highly regarded prospect from what I remember no just some nobody.

I'm not comparing McGuire the runner more so McGuire the receiver who has shown to be very competent in that area.  He definitely leaves a lot to be desired as a runner.

Crowell was compared to Ingram and McGuire to Coleman.  Again why spend like 5M on each of them when you can just spend 6-7 more and get Bell and keep any of the other (Crowell, McGuire, Cannon) guys behind him just in case he gets injured.  We are splitting hairs over average running backs when we have 110M to spend in FA.  Go get game changers not career backups. 

Of course it's a small sample size, but making a point.  Conner was a late 3rd rounder.  Nothing crazy.  That's fair.  And i'm more just making the point that Leveon is overrated and not worth the price.

3 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

He had a really good season last year probably flying sky on PED's.  The dude is 29 this conversation is pointless.  When you have 110M you don't go sign 29 year old RB's coming off PED suspensions. 

LOL these guys get tested at least once a year.  It's not like he's been juicing for years and they just caught it.

8 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Of course it's a small sample size, but making a point.  Conner was a late 3rd rounder.  Nothing crazy.  That's fair.  And i'm more just making the point that Leveon is overrated and not worth the price.

Connor was likely lower then he should due to the cancer.  I'm making the point that Ingram and or Coleman barely move the needle on offense.  Bell has that ability to be the focal point of an offense.  You need someone to run a nice route and catch passes I'm not overly concerned if it's McGuire or Coleman doing it.  If you need tough yardage between the tackles I don't really care if it's Ingram or Crowell.  The difference is practically non existent.

The money means nothing, zero.  We'll probably do a 4 year deal with an out after 3.  We have nobody to resign so we can go give Bell 20M and we'd be fine cap wise.  We need great players and if the only reason you are suggesting these other two over Bell is money than the conversation is done because it's a non factor.  If you truly think Ingram or Coleman are better than that's your opinion.  I want the best players we can get and in my opinion Coleman and Ingram aren't on that list, Bell is. 

12 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

LOL these guys get tested at least once a year.  It's not like he's been juicing for years and they just caught it.

He failed the test at the end of 2017 according to reports.  Either way he is 29, Bell is 26 and better.  Money doesn't matter so give me Bell.

Edit: actually it wasn't even a PED just a substance he didn't register properly.  He's not a bum just not what we should be spending our money on.

7 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Connor was likely lower then he should due to the cancer.  I'm making the point that Ingram and or Coleman barely move the needle on offense.  Bell has that ability to be the focal point of an offense.  You need someone to run a nice route and catch passes I'm not overly concerned if it's McGuire or Coleman doing it.  If you need tough yardage between the tackles I don't really care if it's Ingram or Crowell.  The difference is practically non existent.

The money means nothing, zero.  We'll probably do a 4 year deal with an out after 3.  We have nobody to resign so we can go give Bell 20M and we'd be fine cap wise.  We need great players and if the only reason you are suggesting these other two over Bell is money than the conversation is done because it's a non factor.  If you truly think Ingram or Coleman are better than that's your opinion.  I want the best players we can get and in my opinion Coleman and Ingram aren't on that list, Bell is. 

And Ingram's career DVOA proves otherwise my man.  He's consistently grading out top 10 in the league.  Not saying the concern over Bell is purely money.  I'm saying he's overrated and getting overpaid.

Just now, barnaby8787 said:

And Ingram's career DVOA proves otherwise my man.  He's consistently grading out top 10 in the league.  Not saying the concern over Bell is purely money.  I'm saying he's overrated and getting overpaid.

If you think he's better that fine.  I don't and I'm not paying a 29 year old RB that's just my feelings.

5 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

If you think he's better that fine.  I don't and I'm not paying a 29 year old RB that's just my feelings.

I don't think Ingram is better than Bell.  I'm saying the gap isn't significant.  On terms of age btw, worth noting, they have a very similar number of carries on their careers. 

Just now, barnaby8787 said:

I don't think Ingram is better than Bell.  I'm saying the gap isn't significant.  On terms of age btw, worth noting, they have a very similar number of carries on their careers. 

If we miss on Bell then sure I'd be ok adding Ingram or Coleman on a short deal for 1-2 years but the goal should be Bell.  He is better and money is not a factor in the decision so why not go for the better player.  I see no reason to say lets pass on Bell and go for Ingram to save a few bucks.  That is literally the only reason you would do it to get a player close in caliber for much less when we have so much money, no star power and Bell is young/better.  We have no contracts that we must hand out over the next 3 years other than Williams who I could care less if they traded away and Adams who is still like 3 years away.  By that time Bell is at the end of his deal anyway.

You tried but you couldn't convince me to see your reasoning not to want Bell on the team. 

11 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

If we miss on Bell then sure I'd be ok adding Ingram or Coleman on a short deal for 1-2 years but the goal should be Bell.  He is better and money is not a factor in the decision so why not go for the better player.  I see no reason to say lets pass on Bell and go for Ingram to save a few bucks.  That is literally the only reason you would do it to get a player close in caliber for much less when we have so much money, no star power and Bell is young/better.  We have no contracts that we must hand out over the next 3 years other than Williams who I could care less if they traded away and Adams who is still like 3 years away.  By that time Bell is at the end of his deal anyway.

You tried but you couldn't convince me to see your reasoning not to want Bell on the team. 

I see more value in a combo of Ingram/Coleman, but we'll have to agree to disagree.

12 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I don't see much difference between Ingram and Coleman to what we have now. Crowell is not that bad and McGuire can be good just does not get the carries. I just don't see a big upgrade so why make the move if it cost more to do it.

Crowell is bad, half his yards on the season have come from the Detroit and Denver games. Coleman and Ingram would be upgrades over him.

Coleman and Ingram are not even close to Bell in talent. Our current stable of backs are as mediocre as they come. Cannon is the only back I can see still being on the roster in two years, and only if he can get his head on straight and learn when to dance and when to hit holes. I don't get the McGuire love at all.

Archived