Le'Veon Bell

famousj

14 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I love Bell but man that’s a tough one. Would he accept Gurley money? 

No he will want more. Bc he sat out this year he will want to make up that money (or close to it). I know it’s alot of money... but like I’ve said. Where else are we spending it? Last year we paid Tru a ton and signed others and gave out bad contracts (McCown) just to spend some of our cap. I’d rather us overspend atleast on a pro bowl player then overpay scrubs to eat cap space.

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

I’d kinda rather Tevin Coleman at a lower price and lower mileage but I think Bell to us makes too much sense when you look at Macc’s history of going after big names

I like Tevin Coleman's skill set. And I do agree about price. But Coleman is no where near the difference maker that Bell is. And this team is starving for a difference maker on offense. And its even more key to have that weapon to help develop Darnold, who's the real investment for this franchise.

24 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I like Tevin Coleman's skill set. And I do agree about price. But Coleman is no where near the difference maker that Bell is. And this team is starving for a difference maker on offense. And its even more key to have that weapon to help develop Darnold, who's the real investment for this franchise.

Outside of money, do you think Bell has some kind of agenda?

I've got little interest in bell. My concern how much passion does the guy have. Is he gonna get his payday and just mail it in. On top of the its looking like bell may be more a product of playing in Pittsburgh with Ben, brown, and that o-line.

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

No he will want more. Bc he sat out this year he will want to make up that money (or close to it). I know it’s alot of money... but like I’ve said. Where else are we spending it? Last year we paid Tru a ton and signed others and gave out bad contracts (McCown) just to spend some of our cap. I’d rather us overspend atleast on a pro bowl player then overpay scrubs to eat cap space.

I don’t think he’ll be able to make up the money he lost this year. He’ll get more than Gurley for sure. But teams aren’t going to say here’s your market contract plus the money you lost last year.

He’ll get paid what the market offers. I don’t see that being that much more than what Gurley got paid. Gurley’s Contract is pretty solid. I think Bell gets 4 years 60 mil with the majority of that gtd. Say $45-50 mil gtd. 

The benefit of him holding out is that he’s going to get a lot more in gtd money.

30 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

I don’t think he’ll be able to make up the money he lost this year. He’ll get more than Gurley for sure. But teams aren’t going to say here’s your market contract plus the money you lost last year.

He’ll get paid what the market offers. I don’t see that being that much more than what Gurley got paid. Gurley’s Contract is pretty solid. I think Bell gets 4 years 60 mil with the majority of that gtd. Say $45-50 mil gtd. 

The benefit of him holding out is that he’s going to get a lot more in gtd money.

Him getting more than Gurley is him making up money. He’s 2 years older and will get paid more. So that in itself is him making up some of that money.

2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Outside of money, do you think Bell has some kind of agenda?

I think it will be mostly about money for him. But not just that. NY has a state tax so other teams (without a state tax) can let him pocket more. But the NY market in itself outweighs the difference. I do think tye coaches, scheme and teammates will make a difference for him too. But still mostly money. I assume we will be getting a new HC and OC, so that’s tbd. But I do think we want to revamp 2 or 3 OL spots via FA and draft. The hard part will be if we are revamping it via draft (my preferable way) that we can’t use that to convince Bell. Bc the draft is post FA. I do think we can tell him that’s our plan and he can believe us. But I think us making other moves besides sitting and waiting for him will be big. We have plenty of other money to spend besides just on him. So start signing other players to help persuade him.

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think you guys are crazy. Bell is going to get a big contract and it will be more than Gurley. You guys need to remember that the cap is still going up ever year. I think he will get either a 5 year 80 mill 50 G

or

4 year 70 mil 40 G

That’s about what I’m suggesting as well. 4 yrs 60 mil with 45-50 gtd. We can add a 5th year for shock value. But on a 5 year deal it’s likely structured so that the 5th year is not happening. 

So im essentially in agreement with you.

They're going to sign him, out of desperation. Terrible move, Steelers didn't sign him for a reason.  Good teams build a good offensive line then you draft your running backs. This will be a disaster, Bell had off field issues with weed, then he holds out. This is not the type of character they need. He had great years but I would pass.

I’d sign Bell if I knew we’d have the O-Line to help. him. But we can’t address the O-Line the right way until the draft. 

3 best O-Lines are Cowboys, Saints and Titans. All addressed mainly through the draft. That’s the first key. 

Next is a dynamic receiver that can play in between Enunwa and Anderson who I think most great offensive minds can excel with. 

I’m aboard the Tevin Coleman/Elijah McGuire train and maybe Trenton Cannon consistently shows those flashes we’ve seen every now and then. Running Back should be the last thing we really worry about. 

Archived