Season expectations

quiller

5-11 or 11-5. I can see either pretty easily tbh. 

Defense is should be good enough to win some games on their own. I believe this is probably best unit we've seen under Redball.
Offense, especially passing game, could be an issue and frankly, I'm not exactly brimming with confidence the kicking game is in good hands either. 
Schedule is very favorable imo.

EDIT: 

@ Carolina - W
vs. NYG - W
@ Seattle - L
vs. Detroit - W
@ Houston - L
vs. Jacksonville - L
@ Washington -  W
BYE
vs. Tennessee -  W
@ Philadelphia - Road loss L
@ Atlanta - Road loss L
vs. Washington - W
vs. New Orleans - W
vs. Philadelphia - L
@ Indianapolis - W
vs. Tampa Bay - W
@ NYG - W

Guess I'll go with 10-6, assuming everyone stays healthy.

I just hope a "key injury" to someone we have trouble replacing doesn't happen. Given our history to collapse when that "key" player or 2 goes down. 

Theoretically speaking don't know how anyone can get an accurate feel for our record since there is/was such a big turnover on personnel.

As the Wiz has posted, 11 and 5 or 5 and 11 wouldn't surprise me either way.

Still pumped though as early season hope springs eternal. 

10 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I just hope a "key injury" to someone we have trouble replacing doesn't happen. Given our history to collapse when that "key" player or 2 goes down. 

Theoretically speaking don't know how anyone can get an accurate feel for our record since there is/was such a big turnover on personnel.

As the Wiz has posted, 11 and 5 or 5 and 11 wouldn't surprise me either way.

Still pumped though as early season hope springs eternal. 

The turnover is normal. Mainly backups. The biggest loss is Witten. You can't spend all off season claiming Dez Bryant is done and then use his loss as an excuse for under performing.

The way I see it, our offense will be about the same. Sure we lost Witt, but we are gaining a full season of Zeke. So it's a wash.

Our defense definitely got better. Whether it's Jaylon Smith's growth, the addition of Kris Richard of the legion of boom, Randy Gregorys electricity, LB depth, the drafting of Dorance Armstrong and LVE, a full season of Chido, Byron moving to CB... plenty of tangible reasons the defense looks better. 

Bottom line is,  everyone if writing us off because we were so bad last year......We were 9-7. Not 2-14. Any improvement at all makes us a playoff team.

I can only go on past experience with this team.

And the fact is, we suffer heavily if one key player is out.

Romo- 1 win without him.

T. Smith- 6 sacks to one player. That is ABSURD!

Lee- our defense becomes a Swiss cheese.

Zeke- Dak suffers badly.

Already we have struggled with injuries in 3 areas we set out to improve this off-season:

S, OL, LB.

If Vander duece even sees the field today I see him as more of a liability than an asset. That is our 1st rounder.

OL could be a disaster if our C and G cannot hold up against their interior DL.

I hate to be so negative, but this team has not shown me ANY resilency in the past.

5-11 seems very do able.

Best I would say 9-7. But that is provided all goes well with injury and suspensions.

Right now I see a one dimensional offense and a defense that will in all likelihood be missing Randy Gregory who we all had high hopes for.  We will struggle to play .500 ball.  After what will be a train wreck of a season the big question will be does JG survive?

It's pretty crazy because it is so clear that the scheme and execution is by far the biggest need for the team.

I like the build of our Defense (TACO!). I think our OL will be fine. Zeke and Co is great. 

We lack playmaking WRs (which...isn't a huge need) and a Dynamic TE (sorry Rico fans). But you get Dak in the right scheme...I think this team can do well.

45 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

It's pretty crazy because it is so clear that the scheme and execution is by far the biggest need for the team.

I like the build of our Defense (TACO!). I think our OL will be fine. Zeke and Co is great. 

We lack playmaking WRs (which...isn't a huge need) and a Dynamic TE (sorry Rico fans). But you get Dak in the right scheme...I think this team can do well.

this x infinity

If the coaching, play calling, and Dak’s play remain similar to the way they were yesterday, then we’re a 3 win team.

And, sadly, Jerry will find an excuse to keep Red Ball. He’d use the lack of receiver help and Fredbeard’s medical condition as the excuses for the terrible play. Jerry always has an excuse to give that useless android ginger a pass.

BZZZZ...BZZZZZ...Process....BZZZ...BZZZ....

Danger, Will Robinson....

Archived