Steelers vs Falcons Big 4 on Offense

steelcurtain29

Which group is better?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do You Choose?

• Steelers (Ben, Brown, Bell, Bryant)
    • Falcons (Ryan, Freeman, Coleman, Jones)

For one season? 

Give me Pittsburgh.

Brown is probably the best receiver in the league, Bryant is a good #2, Bell is up their in the top five (when healthy), and Ben has two rings on his resumé. 

As a Falcons fan Id go with the Steelers. 

Ryan = Big Ben

Julio > Brown (I'm not sure why people think AB is better. Julio is firmly the #1 WR imo)

Bell > Freeman

Bryant > Sanu

2 hours ago, jarren said:

As a Falcons fan Id go with the Steelers. 

Ryan = Big Ben

Julio > Brown (I'm not sure why people think AB is better. Julio is firmly the #1 WR imo)

Bell > Freeman

Bryant > Sanu

Because he continues to outproduce him and if Ryan = Ben then there really is no excuse.

As a whole? The Steelers unit is more talented. But I think the Falcons unit can play better than the Steelers unit with the right coaching. If Matt Ryan buys into his coach/coordinator,  he's dangerous. Whereas Ben doesn't always buy in and it effects the team.

2 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

Because he continues to outproduce him and if Ryan = Ben then there really is no excuse.

As a whole? The Steelers unit is more talented. But I think the Falcons unit can play better than the Steelers unit with the right coaching. If Matt Ryan buys into his coach/coordinator,  he's dangerous. Whereas Ben doesn't always buy in and it effects the team.

Ryan is a really good QB but it terms of fully maximzing Julio his lack of long ball arm strength prevents him from taking full advantage of Julios elite deep field separation. For example against Carolina Ryan left 3 40+ TDs on the field because he couldnt hit Julio wide open deep downfield. Throws Big Ben can make with ease. 

Ryan also is way more conservative of a player than Big Ben. Ben is more than willing to check out of a 3rd and 1 run play and throw it deep to AB in single coverage.

So while Ryan might be a better QB at winning games Ben might be better for the production of the teams #1. If Julio got to play with Big Ben he'd put up even better numbers than he is now IMO. 

4 hours ago, jarren said:

No bias there, Im sure.

Im not even saying he isnt better....there is certainly a strong argument.   Julio has the clear physical advantage, but Ill take Brown's route running and short area quickness over Julio any day.

Basically....while I have no issue with people saying Julio is better, he is not FIRMLY number 1. 

And no offense, but the QB excuse is getting old.   All those years where Brown was clearly outproducing Julio, and thats all I heard about.   If Josh Gordon can put up 1600+ yards with 4 garbage Browns QBs, there is no reason Julio shouldnt have been dominating in stats with Matt Ryan for years, especially if he is notably better than Brown, as you claim.   

12 hours ago, jarren said:

But Brown has more catches, barely less yards, nearly double the TD and a better catch rate (with less drops) the past three seasons...

How is Julio "firmly" the #1 WR?

The Steelers have the better QB, RB, and their #1 WR actually gets in the endzone so them.

1 hour ago, steelcurtain29 said:

But Brown has more catches, barely less yards, nearly double the TD and a better catch rate (with less drops) the past three seasons...

How is Julio "firmly" the #1 WR?

He's bigger. That's the only thing I can think of honestly. "theoretically" he is better even if Antonio outproduces him in the real world consistently.

Ben > Ryan

Bell > Freeman

Brown > Jones

Bryant > Coleman

Clean sweep by the Steelers, straight up. Only problem is this isn't (or shouldn't be) judged in a vacuum. Ben's often injured and "contemplating" retirement, Bell's missed games in the past for suspension & injury while also being on the tag this year, and Bryant is Bryant. Meanwhile the Falcons' four are all very reliable (as long as JJ's early career injuries don't creep up, and Ryan plays well without Kyle).

so for the purpose of sustainability, I'll take the Falcons comfortably.

Archived