2018 Season Fan Focus

VigilantZombie

First of all I am going preface this by saying lets keep Bell in the already Bell associated threads beyond me asking you right now to do so. We have enough convo about that mess.

So, as fan with the new season officially a couple days away from starting for us, what are you most looking forward to, whether it be this game, a seasonal checkpoint, or as a season whole?

For me I am really interested to see how the offense transforms with the OC change and how the apparent implementation of new schemes changes our defense. I feel strongly they can surpass all expectations this season.

Player specific, James Conner excites the heck out of me.

I’m excited to see what Connor and Washington can do, I really like both and think with our D we are going to have to score 30 a week to win. If Washington can be what JuJu was last year we have the talent to score 30 a game, and a great youth basis to focus on D in next years draft. I don’t expect AB to slow down as he’s in phenomenal shape, if we can focus on D in the draft and with the $$ we will have next year I can see this team having a real SB chance for a few years as long as Ben doesn’t regress. 

I'm interested in see what changes the coaches make in order to make the team better than last year. The FO/coaches had their draft/UDFA/UFA players  added to the roster and now it's time to see what they plan to do. 

I didn't like the D last year, especially in the jags game in the playoffs. Did we make changes that will prevent such a debacle?

looking forward to some of the rookies contributing and improving the team. I already think we have steals in Adeniyi and Thomas and they will be starters next season, maybe even later this season if players get hurt and they step in. Once they get their chance , they will stay as starter .

I expect Finney to be a good OG,  and Washington to be a threat at WR in the redzone. Conner will be good and everyone is pulling for him to have a nice season.  

I am also hoping the youth in the secondary all have a good season, and the secondary is going in a better direction than it was headed 5 years ago thats for sure. No antwan blake or cockrell  type players on this team now. 

I hope Burns has a good season, as it would really help the team. Butler's scheme and calls will be something to watch as I want them to run more 4-3 and more man to man coverages. 

Like everyone, I just want the team to be sound fundamentally and improve it's coaching.  If we lose in the end , it still could be a good season as a fan. Last year the schedule was too easy and that playoff loss was really bad .

Archived