2018 Eagles Bird Watch

Nabbs4u

• 2 weeks later...

Fletcher Cox attributes his jump in play this season to Chris Long

USATSI_11197996_1.width-600.jpg

https://www.phillyvoice.com/fletcher-cox-attributes-his-jump-play-season-chris-long/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

"I think the biggest thing for me is that they challenge me every day, in practice and games, and I listened," Cox said. "My teammates challenged me, and I respect Chris Long so much. The thing about Chris is that he challenged me every single day. It just raises the bar for me as a player. 

"When you've a guy like Chris who has been around for a long time, and this is my second year with him, he challenged me every day, and I respect it, and I accept it, and I go out on the field and show the world. "

When asked how Long challenges him, Cox suggested asking Long.

"I just talk **** to him," Long said. "I know how good he can be. I've been with some really good players before, and he's potentially as good as any of them. If you're going to be a good friend and a good teammate, you have to shoot them straight, and he knows that I'm going to always shoot him straight. I've seen a lot of football, and he can take games over."

Long has been a great addition for the Eagles, not just for his play on the field, but for his contributions off of it, and this is just one more example how.

On 9/24/2018 at 4:34 PM, Kiltman said:

I know Fletcher needs all the pub he can get but did you just D-bo me @Kiltman??

Looked again those are last year stats my guy

Archived