New Year What Are Your Expectations?

MillerTime81

How do you see the year panning out for the broncos, do we go 8 and 8 like a lot of people are saying? Can we win the Division with the exception of the Chargers don't see much of a road block there. What are your thoughts, feel like KC has no defense and a young gun slinger at QB the Raiders are the Raiders and lost their best player. Just leaves us and San Diego for the West  so does this team have a playoff caliber roster?

10 hours ago, MillerTime81 said:

How do you see the year panning out for the broncos, do we go 8 and 8 like a lot of people are saying? Can we win the Division with the exception of the Chargers don't see much of a road block there. What are your thoughts, feel like KC has no defense and a young gun slinger at QB the Raiders are the Raiders and lost their best player. Just leaves us and San Diego for the West  so does this team have a playoff caliber roster?

I think so we'll know a lot more after sunday though. 

I'm a bit more optimistic than most early in the season but a drastic improvement over last year (10+ wins) wouldn't surprise me. 

Outside of CB we've made major upgrades across the board in either starters, depth or both in every other personnel grouping. I know others have posted similar but our biggest off season upgrade may well be in the OL coaching staff and personnel. Learys back where he belongs, McGovern shows the ability to man RG quite well, Paradis is healthy, Veldheers a huge improvement at RT and Bolles looks to me like he's ready for a break out year. They're playing as a unit with no more ridiculous rotational changes. Guys like Wilkerson, Stephenson and Barbre are gone, replaced by Wilkinson, Jones and Garcia, better backups than we've had for a while.

Lots of other areas, mostly on offense seem to be drastically improved IE; QB, WR depth, RB and TE.

I think our rookie group may provide an enthusiasm boost we haven't seen for some time. 

I could go on, but "wordiness" doesn't come easy to me.

Should be fun to watch and I'm with BB, a highly competitive team would be a nice change. I think we'll get more than that.

Archived