ATL VS PHI

freeman+coleman

Well that was terrible. Absolute heartbreaking frustration! 

I really like what Quinn tried to achieve with going for it on 4th and Goal in the 1st Qtr. The only problem is we didn't punch it in. This coupled with the fact we couldn't score at the end when it mattered has me concerned for our teams state of mind. 

Also Matt just looks tired, really tired. I mean the first game of the season and the guy looks like he needs an offseason to have a rest and hit the gym.

I know it is only the first game of the season, but that game does not instil me with confidence going forward.  

2 hours ago, DutchFalcon said:

I'm not worried about losing the game, the penalties or the sloppy execution. 

It's Matt that scares the hell out of me. I have a strong feeling he's injured. He just didn't play like himself at all.

I come in peace. With a question...related to this statement. What was up with the brace on his knee? Has he had knee issues? I didn't see much about what was happening when they took it off, but does he have some lingering issue? A bum knee can ruin your throwing ability.

3 hours ago, navysaintsfan said:

I come in peace. With a question...related to this statement. What was up with the brace on his knee? Has he had knee issues? I didn't see much about what was happening when they took it off, but does he have some lingering issue? A bum knee can ruin your throwing ability.

I'm a bit drunk and I've missed most of preseason so take this with a but of salt but no, I haven't heard about him having a bum knee. Last time Matt missed serious time in my memory was 2009 with a turf toe injury. He has been through hell and back behind our Oline though...*

*There is this sack he took against the Eagles in 2011(I think) that looked straight up career ending and he was fine after missing one series so god knows what Matt is made off

Archived