Falcons S Keanu Neal tore ACL

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, TomRalph said:

That's 2 years in a row that the team playing the SB winner on opening night loses their safety for the rest of the season through injury...

IT'S A CONSPIRACY

The real conspiracy is being the team that hosts the Superbowl. Its Atlanta's turn this year. Looooong season ahead for them.

okay enough of that. Keanu Neal is a great player and I hope he makes a full recovery.

:(

Love me some Neal, second best player right after Debo.

At least this should mean Kazee gets some playtime. Thoight he was going to be a baller last year, now its his chance to show it.

Kazee is more of a SS to me, so I'm expecting Ish to get the lead role. Ishmeal has been underrated imo so its not horrid. It's just that Neal is an all pro..

8 minutes ago, DutchFalcon said:

:(

Love me some Neal, second best player right after Debo.

At least this should mean Kazee gets some playtime. Thoight he was going to be a baller last year, now its his chance to show it.

Kazee is more of a SS to me, so I'm expecting Ish to get the lead role. Ishmeal has been underrated imo so its not horrid. It's just that Neal is an all pro..

Forget about Grady?

I don't think Kazee plays SS in base. Ish will probably take over that role and we should see alot of Kazee in nickle. Really high on the kid. 

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I hope they sign Eric Reid and then release him after the Saints game and then re-sign him right before the second Saints game then release him again.  Not because of anything against Reid, but so that the Saints lose two games and give the Packers a higher draft pick without making the Falcons better in the long run. 

Uhh wut.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

I figured that was the case after seeing the two instances where he was injured.

Yeah, the first was iffy, but the second, non-contact and for the knee to give out that much, I couldn't believe it when they said it seemed like everything was OK, and only a MCL.  An MCL wouldn't normally give out on non-contact play like that.    Sucks for ATL and Neal for sure.

Kazee will replace Neal's enforcer play, more recognition and getting fooled / out of position as a young guy that's likely.   It's good that ATL has depth here, but man, never a good start - heartbreaking loss when you significantly outgain your opponent and you win the TO battle, usually that's an easy W - now to lose both Neal for good and Freeman possibly for a game or 2 (but I'll only be reassured if they get a MRI to clear him), going to test them early.

11 hours ago, jarren said:

Forget about Grady?

I don't think Kazee plays SS in base. Ish will probably take over that role and we should see alot of Kazee in nickle. Really high on the kid. 

I made a typo. Ment that Kazee is more of a FS and Ish more of a SS.

Also I'd slot Grady as #3. Although all three are major studs.

On 9/7/2018 at 3:04 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

Damn. I knew after he went down without contact it could be bad.

Hope he has a quick recovery.

Wonder what they do now. Go with Kazee or sign someone like Reid to start?

Kazee deserves alot more playing time than he is getting right now so if nothing else it gets him on the field he has shown a boatload of potential so far and was probably our best player this preseason. 

Archived