Bears extend Goldman

Pool

17 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Is... is Goldman that good?

Good? Yes. 10 APY good, no. He's good in Fangio's defense while playing next to Hicks and Bullard/RHH to help mask his deficiencies but what he brings to the team could be had for much cheaper. 

But I'm not too mad about this move because I didn't wanna lose him either for said reasons.

CHI going all SEA here except I doubt Mitch is anything close to Wilson and I doubt they win a ring.  They are going to pay out the ying yang for as much talent as they can fit on the field while the QB is cheap in hopes for a Superbowl run.  We'll have to see how it all plays out. 

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Is... is Goldman that good?

Juat drafted Smith in the top 10 who gets swallowed up pretty easily, but he can make plays anywhere at any time. Goldman is going to be keeping Smith clean by eating up blocks. 

I don't think he is good enough to warrant $10 mil AAV, but I'll wait to see the structure. Pace has done a great job of getting contracts to have reasonable "outs" in the deals. 

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

He's a good player from what I've seen, but it does seem a bit expensive. Is he worth it, Chicago fans?

The only real knock on him in my point of view is his durability is a bit questionable.  But as far as play on the field, he's certainly one of the better NT's.  Maybe not quite worth 10 million a year but I don't think that its a major overspend, either. 

4 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Bears are BIG spenders this offseason (technically not the offseason anymore, I guess). 

They have had no one worth resigning to extensions outside of Kyle Long in a long while, and they have gone into the offseason with 60-70 million in cap room before cuts in each of Ryan Pace's seasons IIRC.  They definitely have the money to spend and have finally got some players that are worth spending on. 

Just now, TankWilliams said:

They have had no one worth resigning to extensions outside of Kyle Long in a long while, and they have gone into the offseason with 60-70 million in cap room before cuts in each of Ryan Pace's seasons IIRC.  They definitely have the money to spend and have finally got some players that are worth spending on. 

Who’s to come? 

Amos and Howard?

Archived