Joey Bosa ruled OUT vs Chiefs.

Chargers

28 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Just one week though right?

It went from out of the preseason but could play if it was a real game to out week one. ?‍♂️ Typical that Charger fans never get to have nice things. We’re trying to keep up with the Raiders for fan loss after all. 

34 minutes ago, N4L said:

What is this, hockey? What does a 'foot' injury mean exactly? Turf toe? 

Outside of 49ers Vikings, cheifs chargers is the most interesting game of the weekend. In glad they are different time slots 

Typically you're not going to be in a walking boot for turf toe, I don't believe (@Broncofan you got any insight on that?), so it could be anything from a plantar fasciia issue (which you really hope it's not for a DL because that can be career-altering or at least severely limit you from how much weight you're able to carry) to a sprained ligament connecting the tarsals to tendonitis (most common I think is peroneal) which  is an inflammation of the tendons in the foot causing pain, discomfort, etc. on the sides of the foot as well the heel - which tends to follow ankle injuries.

43 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Typically you're not going to be in a walking boot for turf toe, I don't believe (@Broncofan you got any insight on that?), so it could be anything from a plantar fasciia issue (which you really hope it's not for a DL because that can be career-altering or at least severely limit you from how much weight you're able to carry) to a sprained ligament connecting the tarsals to tendonitis (most common I think is peroneal) which  is an inflammation of the tendons in the foot causing pain, discomfort, etc. on the sides of the foot as well the heel - which tends to follow ankle injuries.

Well we don't know whether or not Bosa  was wearing a boot before today/Thu.  That's important because apparently Bosa's injury is new, suffered on Wednesday.  Walking boots are used to protect the toe with turf toe, as the toe is hyperxtended and the ligaments need to heal.  The same would hold true if it was an ankle sprain (which would be odd that they didn't call it that specifically, so I'd guess that's not the case here), or if it was a mid-foot sprain.   But, the thing is, I don't think Bosa would be doing any work if it was either a mid-foot sprain or turf toe.

For him to have missed 4 weeks, and then be supposedly OK, fits more with a mid-foot grade 2 sprain earlier.   If the reports are to be believed, he re-injured the foot, in a different area.  I'm not sure I buy that, as cascade injuries often result as a player recovers from injury incompletely.   But it's possible he had a mid-foot grade 2 sprain, and now has either a re-occurence, or he has something like turf toe.    A Jones fracture isn't likely, because he would have been operated on, and not treated conservatively.  Frankly, any fracture (except for a stress reaction) would have been out 6-8 weeks, not 4, so that seems unlikely.

Unfortunately, without confirmation, we're still speculating.   I would add that the Charger's waiver claim for Zettel (CLE had highest priority) does suggest this isn't going away in a matter of a few days.   Hopefully we get a final confirmation on the exact injury, that would obvious help forecast his return.

27 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Well we don't know whether or not Bosa  was wearing a boot before today/Thu.  That's important because apparently Bosa's injury is new, suffered on Wednesday.  Walking boots are used to protect the toe with turf toe, as the toe is hyperxtended and the ligaments need to heal.  The same would hold true if it was an ankle sprain (which would be odd that they didn't call it that specifically, so I'd guess that's not the case here), or if it was a mid-foot sprain.   But, the thing is, I don't think Bosa would be doing any work if it was either a mid-foot sprain or turf toe.

For him to have missed 4 weeks, and then be supposedly OK, fits more with a mid-foot grade 2 sprain earlier.   If the reports are to be believed, he re-injured the foot, in a different area.  I'm not sure I buy that, as cascade injuries often result as a player recovers from injury incompletely.   But it's possible he had a mid-foot grade 2 sprain, and now has either a re-occurence, or he has something like turf toe.    A Jones fracture isn't likely, because he would have been operated on, and not treated conservatively.  Frankly, any fracture (except for a stress reaction) would have been out 6-8 weeks, not 4, so that seems unlikely.

Unfortunately, without confirmation, we're still speculating.   I would add that the Charger's waiver claim for Zettel (CLE had highest priority) does suggest this isn't going away in a matter of a few days.   Hopefully we get a final confirmation on the exact injury, that would obvious help forecast his return.

I would imagine it either means that or they don't have faith in Rochell/Landrum

2 hours ago, Classic said:

Joey Bosa has a bone bruise and will be out for 4 more weeks. Per Twitter

I think the question is more if the bone bruise is just a bruise, or if there's a stress fracture.  If it's a fracture, then being a weight-bearing area, 4 weeks would likely be on the short end of recovery.   Obviously we won't know more until Wed...gotta hope for Chargers fans that it's not more any more serious than a bone bruise - what is worrisome is the "it was OK, then he reinjured the foot - that makes it more concerning there's more than just a bone bruise.  But obviously we're still in the dark.

Archived