Preseason Week 2 Chiefs @ Bengals

MrCincinnati

18 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Definitely missed it.  So my problem with Boling at Center (Would rather have TJ Johnson or Westerman) is that Boling is 6'5.  Dalton is on the shorter end for QBs, and having a 6'5 center in front of him isn't going to help IMO.  But certainly worth trying...

I'd be fine with Westerman as well.  I think he played C at ASU.  Either way, I want the best three interior linemen out there, and Bodine ain't one of 'em.

12 hours ago, MrCincinnati said:

This might sound out of the box, but I think if Boling should move anywhere it should be LT. Bodine has been bad, but I certainly like him more than Ogbuehi. I know its not fair to give up on Ogbuehi yet, but I literally have 0 confidence in him and if he stays where he's at its going to be a massive trainwreck.

Lets also remember Whitworth was the starting LG at one point and when he moved to LT the rest was history. Boling had playing time as an LT at Georgia if I recall.

So maybe the OL should be: Boling, Westerman, Bodine (or TJ Johnson), Hopkins, Fisher.

But if they want Andre Smith in the fold, then Fisher is the next best option at LT.

I'd be fine with trying any and all combinations that actually help improve the team.  Ironically, since Ogbuehi played guard at TAM as well, maybe he could be a swing backup.

On 8/16/2017 at 7:40 AM, INbengalfan said:

I'd be fine with trying any and all combinations that actually help improve the team.  Ironically, since Ogbuehi played guard at TAM as well, maybe he could be a swing backup.

I suppose putting Ogbuehi at OG would make some sense.....

But I think he's just a straight up bust at this point.

1 hour ago, MrCincinnati said:

I suppose putting Ogbuehi at OG would make some sense.....

But I think he's just a straight up bust at this point.

I just hope he turns into an average player.  get through this year and let him battle with next year's first rounder in camp.

38 minutes ago, ochocinco4pres said:

I tend to lean that way with Ced, but I for some reason still hold onto some blind hope. 

I will admit I fell for the offseason hype.  I knew the forced hype was coming for him and I fell for it anyway.  The more I re-watch that first preseason game (sadly about 4 times now), the more he just looks terrible.  There's just too many lapses that he has...

2 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

I will admit I fell for the offseason hype.  I knew the forced hype was coming for him and I fell for it anyway.  The more I re-watch that first preseason game (sadly about 4 times now), the more he just looks terrible.  There's just too many lapses that he has...

Yeah i saw almost nothing impressive.  At all.

@theJ pointed it out.  Ced's "technique" is to just to try and use the opponents momentum against them.  He always stands back and waits for the defender to engage him.  It seems really lazy and just doesn't work well for him.  Even amateurs like us can see it.  Crazy how he can't fix that...

12 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

@theJ pointed it out.  Ced's "technique" is to just to try and use the opponents momentum against them.  He always stands back and waits for the defender to engage him.  It seems really lazy and just doesn't work well for him.  Even amateurs like us can see it.  Crazy how he can't fix that...

Lazy is the perfect word for it

Game time almost here. Last minute injury notes to share. My information was inaccurate last time, so I did my research this time.

Not expected to play tonight are Ross, Core, Bernard, Kirkpatrick, Iloka, and Uzomah. Brandon Wilson obvious as well. Core being out means Erickson is in the driver seat tonight to jump ahead of him.

Guys that didn't play in the first game that are expected to play tonight are Cedric Peerman, David Dean, PJ Dawson, and Tony McRae.

Jackson and Dennard will again get the starts at CB tonight, but Jones will probably play. Fejedelem and Hopkins both are again getting starts tonight, which probably means Fejedelem has moved ahead of Derron Smith for the primary backup S and Hopkins nearly has the RG job locked in if he can have another good preformance tonight.

Just now, MrCincinnati said:

Shawn Williams being carted off the field. Looks like he dislocated shoulder. Not good.

No that was his right elbow. Looks like he broke it or something terrible. That was nasty. 

Archived