BDL 2018 Week 1: Camden Hood Rats @ Long Beach Leprechauns

Whicker

Camden Hood Rats @ Long Beach Leprechauns  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Camden Hood Rats
    • Long Beach Leprechauns

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/12/2018 at 04:00 PM

5 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

@ny92mike

you may have a diferent evaluation system which is fine btw.  However, if you are putting any value on current week player performance, it might be wise to hold off on voting until tuesday

Noted.

The bulk of my evaluation is looking at the game plan and then reviewing the roster to see if that plan is achievable.  In looking at stats, I'm more focused on the previous year than the current.   

Going with Camden. Jlash built a perfect  offensive gameplan for Alex Smith. Leaving Engram 1vs1 with no safeties over the top in man is also super dangerous. I think LB shuts down Camden running game though with a stout front 7. On the other hand, I still don't trust McCaffrey as a runner and with 4WR starting, LB becomes one dimensional a bit too quickly imho. They have the passing game to make Camden pay for their audacious scheme (cover 1 vs ARod is dangerous), but I believe Camden has the pass rush to ultimately stop enough LB drives and maybe get a turnover or two.

LB 28 - Camden 31

Both teams brought their A game here, going LB here because while Camden's game-plan is IMO better playing cover 1 against Rodgers is going to lead to problems. 

Long beach will have issues putting away this game with their limited running game but I think they pull out a 1 point win. 31-30 LB.

7 hours ago, TedLavie said:

(cover 1 vs ARod is dangerous)

1 hour ago, DingoLadd said:

cover 1 against Rodgers is going to lead to problems.

So my thinking with this, it's cover 1 against a team that isn't presenting any major downfield threats. I'm not going to play cover 2/3 against a team full of targets that aren't working that deep part of the field. That 1 guy back there also happened to pick off more passes than anyone in football last year. So while I get everyone's initial fear, it wasn't done thoughtlessly.

No one has an issue with Counselors cover 3, which basically allows my team to run the exact game plan I'd like to?

14 hours ago, Jlash said:

So my thinking with this, it's cover 1 against a team that isn't presenting any major downfield threats. I'm not going to play cover 2/3 against a team full of targets that aren't working that deep part of the field. That 1 guy back there also happened to pick off more passes than anyone in football last year. So while I get everyone's initial fear, it wasn't done thoughtlessly.

No one has an issue with Counselors cover 3, which basically allows my team to run the exact game plan I'd like to?

are you trying to tell me you don't think deandre hopkins is a downfield threat?

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

are you trying to tell me you don't think deandre hopkins is a downfield threat?

I think he does most of his damage in the intermediate part of the field and after the catch. He’s not generally regarded as someone who is going to run right past you.

Alex Smith usually gets an automatic "I'll vote the other way" from me but Camden crafted the perfect gameplan for him here, specifically with ODB and their TEs. Camden 31-27, 

Long Leach did very well gameplan wise but ODB is coverage proof IMO and makes enough plays along with Gordon to get Camden the edge here.

Performance - LB, Game plan - Camden, Matchup - Camden

Rodgers and crew brought their A game this week. However I think their Cover 3 does play into Camden's game plan and the Camden D matches up well. Ward had a star debut and makes that Secondary nasty. 

On 9/10/2018 at 6:34 AM, Jlash said:

Are my CB’s that thin?? Chido, Ward, Johnson, Witherspoon and Colvin are all starters in the league. How many of us are 6 deep at starting corners?

I am if we’re including nickel players. You may struggle with top flight CBs if Ward can’t replicate what was an impressive week one.

I liked Camden’s writeup. They’ve got an elite pass rush. As Josh Gordon gets more reps, I think he can be part of a dynamic set of weapons for Alex Smith.

I hate to be one of those Aaron Rodgers banwagoners, but combined with Armstead + Bulaga, they’re one of the few teams capable of handling an elite pass rush. 

This game is decided with the fact that Alex Smith should start fast, but I have some skepticism about Camden being able to hold a lead without a strong showing from Hyde/Freeman. I think the potency of LB’s passing offense will keep them hanging around throughout. If they can get the lead late (reasonable prop), I can see LBs defense led by an impressive pass rush playing a lesser OL and getting a final stop that is necessary. Camden is one of this weeks winners for their showing. They’ll be in the thick of things all season.

31 minutes ago, MD4L said:

This game is decided with the fact that Alex Smith should start fast, but I have some skepticism about Camden being able to hold a lead without a strong showing from Hyde/Freeman

So this viewpoint is strictly a week to week fantasy style thing? I'd just like to know for future reference, so I can come back after Sunday's game and either tout my own and/or bash my opponents week.

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

So this viewpoint is strictly a week to week fantasy style thing? I'd just like to know for future reference, so I can come back after Sunday's game and either tout my own and/or bash my opponents week.

Of course it’s not strictly based off weekly performances. Admittedly, a strong performance has never hurt someone in my evaluations.

I am at fault for forgetting Freeman’s statline is hampered by injury and not performance. Absolutely fair on your part.

Archived