BDL 2018 Week 1: Camden Hood Rats @ Long Beach Leprechauns

Whicker

Camden Hood Rats @ Long Beach Leprechauns  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Camden Hood Rats
    • Long Beach Leprechauns

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/12/2018 at 04:00 PM

where i think jlash messed up is playing a cover one robber with the man he says is playing the underneath cover one following the RB which opens up the short intermediate route he wants to stop.  Basically this leaves him with a deep safety against a team he doesn't fear has a deep threat, i'm struggling

help me out here @Jlash

Back and forth on this one.  Lasherson as always brings his A game GP, Counseler did a nice job paring the writeup, but too much self fellating for my taste.  The major prolem I have on either side is going 4 wide as a base from LB.  With Arod's obvious fragility, going that route against Camden's Edge rushers is asking for injury.  Camden after Rodgers gets knocked out in 2nd quarter, but doesn't come back after halftime b/c his collarbone is broken again.

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

where i think jlash messed up is playing a cover one robber with the man he says is playing the underneath cover one following the RB which opens up the short intermediate route he wants to stop.  Basically this leaves him with a deep safety against a team he doesn't fear has a deep threat, i'm struggling

help me out here @Jlash

With the cover 1, Byard is back as a safety valve is case of a deep play or someone sneaking free. I’d play a cover 0 with no one on the back end if I didn’t care at all. Just because I don’t think a team doesn’t have a true deep threat doesn’t mean I can’t have a contingency plan back there.

That leaves Adams free to spy the RB, blitz  or drop back into a zone (if the RB is staying in). This also leaves two LB’s and a nickel corner generally defending the offensive players who work the intermediate part of the field (TEs and slot guys).

Interesting that both teams featured a short passing attack. I like that Camden had a specific defender focused on McCaffrey. I think the deciding factor for me here was when Long Beach decided to spread wide against the Camden pass rush and not offer Rodgers any additional protection, I also think that addition of a rollout in a short passing attack only limits what Rodgers is capable of in a quick hitting offense. Camden takes this in a tight one.

Archived