BDL 2018 Week 1: Orlando Ospreys @ Wichita Woodpeckers

Whicker

Orlando Ospreys @ Wichita Woodpeckers  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Orlando Ospreys
    • Wichita Woodpeckers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/12/2018 at 04:00 PM

3 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

While I agree with your overall point, and missed the lack of interior D by Wichita, we all have to remember that, because of our light bench, we can't treat players stamina like it would apply IRL. In our Bizzaro world, I considered a lineman capable of making it a game playing 100% of the snaps (IRL, G.Mc Coy played 59 snaps this week, more than any Tampa corner for example and only 5 less than L.david, who I'm sure plays 100% of the snaps for them). Now obviously rotation helps to keep everyone fresh, but it's not a auto-lose for me if someone can't field bench players in the interior DL

I understand that the bench is light in numbers and its impossible to cover every possibility , but listing 3 backup corners and no depth at INT should be something to take into consideration.  

I'm going Wichita, I think their gameplans works very well here and they do enough to eek out a close win at home. Olsen re-injuring his foot sucks for Wichita because that's probably the difference between a close game and a TD lead in the 4th, lack of interior depth is an issue as someone pointed out but ehh you can rotate in heavier edge players.

3 hours ago, ny92mike said:

I understand that the bench is light in numbers and its impossible to cover every possibility , but listing 3 backup corners and no depth at INT should be something to take into consideration.  

Did you plan for your offensive guard to be deactivated thus. starting a rookie that got obliterated this week against the Panthers? Probably not.

11 minutes ago, PR said:

Did you plan for your offensive guard to be deactivated thus. starting a rookie that got obliterated this week against the Panthers? Probably not.

Did you plan on Jonathan Allen doing anything?  Or your defensive ends getting sacks, in Clayborn or Graham?  Based on what they did irl, the rookie Connor Williams would have had a pro bowl game...haha.

41 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Did you plan on Jonathan Allen doing anything?  Or your defensive ends getting sacks, in Clayborn or Graham?  Based on what they did irl, the rookie Connor Williams would have had a pro bowl game...haha.

Allen was the 10th ranked DT this week if you look at PFF, but I digress. The point of the issue is, you are arguing one thing (that I didn't plan backup DTs) which you know isnt truthful. I did, but just like Lamp they were both called inactive. I'm not calling you out for a lack of Guard and center depth.

7 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

unfortunately for PR, he game planned for footsy zone and got the Mike man defense.  They probably will have some success in the running game with the orlando edges struggling.  However Wichita has two pretty big holes at C and  RT  A healthy Olsen may have been a huge difference here

On the flip side, Orlando is also gonna be facing a bunch of interior pressure with a last second guard change and some blitz pressure.  They should have some succes in the passing game however with a couple of Wichita's corners getting lit up like christmas trees this week

PR is game for the challenge but he just game planned for things that didn't happen so I got to give it to Orlando here

24-20

Only one got torched (Crawley) Talib and Melvin didn't (though their counterparts Conley and Peters did lol

20 minutes ago, PR said:

Allen was the 10th ranked DT this week if you look at PFF, but I digress. The point of the issue is, you are arguing one thing (that I didn't plan backup DTs) which you know isnt truthful. I did, but just like Lamp they were both called inactive. I'm not calling you out for a lack of Guard and center depth.

I'm not arguing man, simply discussing.  This last statement about your players was simply based on the comments you made that I thought was a jab.  No arguing here man.

As for your depth at INT, perhaps I'm overlooking it as did Ted and Whicker.  Both of your players on the bench were labeled Edge in Okafor and Key but you mentioned a rotation on the inside of Peter, Allen and Robinson.  Robinson isn't listed in your lineup.

"Providing edge pressure will be Clayborn (9.5 sacks) and Graham (9.5 sacks) with Okafor and Key coming in to keep the edge fresh. Interior pressure come from a 3 man rotation of Peter's, Allen and Robinson."

So I hope you know that I'm not making statements that have no factual information.  Nor am I trying to start a nasty debate.  In fact, I'd like to move on from this.

PFF also had a solid grade on Erik Flowers....While I like PFF I don't put much stock in their grading system.

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I'm not arguing man, simply discussing.  This last statement about your players was simply based on the comments you made that I thought was a jab.  No arguing here man.

As for your depth at INT, perhaps I'm overlooking it as did Ted and Whicker.  Both of your players on the bench were labeled Edge in Okafor and Key but you mentioned a rotation on the inside of Peter, Allen and Robinson.  Robinson isn't listed in your lineup.

"Providing edge pressure will be Clayborn (9.5 sacks) and Graham (9.5 sacks) with Okafor and Key coming in to keep the edge fresh. Interior pressure come from a 3 man rotation of Peter's, Allen and Robinson."

So I hope you know that I'm not making statements that have no factual information.  Nor am I trying to start a nasty debate.  In fact, I'd like to move on from this.

Damn it. I just noticed I copied the old lineup I typed up in my phone. It was supposed to be AShawn instead of Reddick. Now I know where everyone is coming from.

Just now, PR said:

Damn it. I just noticed I copied the old lineup I typed up in my phone. It was supposed to be AShawn instead of Reddick. Now I know where everyone is coming from.

A'Shawn makes sense.  That guy is a beast to the point if it were my roster he'd be starting...haha.

Performance - Orlando, Game Plan - Orlando, Matchup - Orlando

Good Job on the first Game Mike. It's a closer match than it looks at first glance. However Orlando's talented young roster gets it done against the older Wichita roster. Injuries are going to bite both teams next week.

3 hours ago, PR said:

Only one got torched (Crawley) Talib and Melvin didn't (though their counterparts Conley and Peters did lol

Melvin got violated.  Conley was the one who played well.  

I am going with Orlando.  It is really close, and I like the Wichita roster quite a lot, but I think they get edged out just a bit talent wise.  Two great write ups though.  

48 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Melvin got violated.  Conley was the one who played well.  

I am going with Orlando.  It is really close, and I like the Wichita roster quite a lot, but I think they get edged out just a bit talent wise.  Two great write ups though.  

Lol That is a ridiculous statement. You kept watching Conley get torched by Cooks.  Conley got burned for 53 yards by Cooks alone. Melvin was targeted 4 times, receivers caught two for 30 yards total. 

Archived