Preseason Week Two - Bucs @ Jags

bucsfan333

We've got a Thursday night game this week. Kickoff is at 8pm EST on ESPN.

I'm sure you all know we're practicing with Jacksonville this week. It'll be nice to hit someone different at practice for a few days. And it'll be good to practice against someone whose tendencies are unknown.

The starters are expected to play the first half this week. So we'll get to see more Jameis and this offense. Donovan Smith put Michael Johnson on his butt a few times last week. I wanna see him do that again this week. This is a big year for him.

Hopefully one of our RBs breaks out and has a good game. Quizz has been penciled in as the starter for a while now. But he was just another guy last week. We need someone to step up and make Dougie expendable.

Our dline has been getting crazy hype for weeks. Let's finally show it. Let's get Spence some reps so we can see what he's got. Let's see if McCoy is actually unblockable. What does Baker bring to the defense? 

And the thing I wanna see the most is our secondary. Ryan Smith is gonna get a lot of playing time. Which is awesome. Our depth at CB doesn't look good at all. Hopefully Smith can step up and replace Bounce in a year or two. Evans needs to figure out how to tackle. What do Tandy and Conte look like when they're out there together?

I want to see our offense finish. You get to the red zone, sore a touchdown. I heard DJax was gimpy after burning a Jag today in practice. Anyone have status on him? 

Our D was bend but don't break the latter part of last season. We don't need to do that again this year. Too much bending against the Bengals last week. Let's come out and wreck these guys.

Its only preaseason so I really don't care about the W if our starters look good, but psychologically it would be good to get one. This and next week are our chances with the starters playing more significant minutes.

It's pre season. Bucs are not going to show their hand in these meaningless games especially on defense. Expect more of the same from last week. A lot of zone coverage that defends the big play. No need to try to gameplan for these games.

Just want to see some more good blocking and a TD scoring drive by the ones.

Curious to see if they run a little more power in this game with Marpet back.  I have little concern with the passing game as long as health holds.  Establishing a strong running game in the middle of the line is going to set up so much with the play action pass. 

45 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Curious to see if they run a little more power in this game with Marpet back.  I have little concern with the passing game as long as health holds.  Establishing a strong running game in the middle of the line is going to set up so much with the play action pass. 

We should get a little taste of the two TE sets Koetter has been drooling over. So hopefully we run the ball 15ish times.

34 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

We should get a little taste of the two TE sets Koetter has been drooling over. So hopefully we run the ball 15ish times.

I agree.  I think Koetter would like to establish more of a between the tackle running attack.  Against Cinncy, most of the rushes were off tackle, which was surprising.   Granted it was a small sample size and first preseason game.  I hope Sweezy and now Marpet at center can show an ability to grind out a 3rd and 2, which I thought was missing last year with Hawley at center.

6 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I'm intrigued to see the running game tonight with our starting line and Marpet's debut at centre.

Also, "the toss" worked last week. Howard got out to the second level and sealed it. Sound the alarm.

22 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Too late for me I'm afraid. Five hours ahead and working at 7am unfortunately!

29 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Where's the game at? Looking like game being shown late on NFL Network. 

Archived