Eddie Jackson out tomorrow?

beardown3231

Saw the following on a Sox message board I'm on:

Rumor is Eddie Jackson may not play tomorrow. He apparently posted on Instagram that someone in his family passed away and he's been back in Florida for the last 2-3 days.

Can anyone who's on IG confirm this? I haven't seen anything from the Bears or any of the Tribune or ST writers.

I can't really tell the gif is so fast could be his mom or his sister or a gf.  Wearing his Jersey.  Pretty sure its mom but looks very young and pretty.  Says something like I was going to write you to wish you lots of luck this season but I remebered....have learned and grown so much you dont need it.  So I'll wish you lots of success instead.  PS #securethebag

25 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I can't really tell the gif is so fast could be his mom or his sister or a gf.  Wearing his Jersey.  Pretty sure its mom but looks very young and pretty.  

When you're an old bastard like I am, a second year players' mom could easily be considered young and pretty...:D

23 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I see nothing to indicate he was in Florida.  But even if he was we live in a world with airplanes.

Really? I had no clue.

The issue isn't airplanes. The issue is Fridays are typically the final install day before a Sunday game.

I hope I'm wrong. It just seems odd.

59 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Really? I had no clue.

The issue isn't airplanes. The issue is Fridays are typically the final install day before a Sunday game.

I hope I'm wrong. It just seems odd.

I see nothing saying hes in FL.  Your rumor is bogus, and Friday is not install, Friday is walk thru.  If you are going to miss a practice, the Friday walk thru is the one to miss.  But again I see nothing that says that he missed any practice this week.  Certainly nothing on his IG about a family funeral or anything really.

yeah, it looks like it might be his gf sending him a card saying "i was going to wish you good luck but then i remembered you don't need it blah blah blah" (hard to read). Nothing to indicate he's in florida. he also just posted an hour ago on his story laughing and talking to someone in a car, so it seems hard to believe he's somewhere mourning 

2 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I see nothing saying hes in FL.  Your rumor is bogus, and Friday is not install, Friday is walk thru.  If you are going to miss a practice, the Friday walk thru is the one to miss.  But again I see nothing that says that he missed any practice this week.  Certainly nothing on his IG about a family funeral or anything really.

It’s not “my” rumor. I saw it on a White Sox message board and brought it here, inquiring if anyone has IG to confirm. That same person on that board said he posted a story last night and the location was FL which is why it wouldn’t be there today for any indication.

Once again I hope I’m wrong.

Archived