BDL 2018 Week 1: Oklahoma City Rogues @ Sydney Dingos

ny92mike

Oklahoma City Rogues @ Sydney Dingos  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Oklahoma City Rogues
    • Sydney Dingos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/12/2018 at 04:00 PM

20 minutes ago, MD4L said:

This is an interesting game. Dingo has an unimpressive receiver group this week, but Tate will have better games (RL #3 as a 1 is tough), but Mike Williams should probably start or be a highly rotated role player. The Thielen v Peters point Whicker makes has a ton of merit, but the double coverage and the fact Peters had a pick 6 from covering a route in the slot nulls that point.

I really dislike the 4-6 idea but Whicker makes a good point about his CBs and Hooker helping Griffin seems like a worthwhile idea. If Johnson breaks through the first level even three times, I think he can run wild. This is a good learning experience for a team that def had guys on both sides go off on their bench.

Ultimately, I’m going to pick Sydney as I think Whicker gave a bit too much attention toward one area and never moves from the 5 man fronts. When Mike Williams and John Brown touch the ball, I think they can make some plays.

Whacky, 27-20 victory for Sydney.

Yep played the wrong guys and chose the wrong no.2 WR, will make adjustments for next week. I don't see how Tate is the RL #3 option when he was the most targeted WR by a decent margin. 

2 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

Yep played the wrong guys and chose the wrong no.2 WR, will make adjustments for next week. I don't see how Tate is the RL #3 option when he was the most targeted WR by a decent margin. 

Galloway started and Marvin Jones is their number one receiver.

1 hour ago, MD4L said:

Galloway started and Marvin Jones is their number one receiver.

Fitzgerald starts out of the slot too though. This #s on depth chart thing doesnt work if a teams #1 WR is solid into slot for matchups.

Definitely a defensive slugfest as I don't fancy either offense here, but I think that OKC's edge will eat alive the Sydney tackles and that defensive interior can collapse the pocket enough to cause some pretty substantive issues for Ben, who isn't passing the greatest of groups. 

I think Johnson causes OKC some issues, but Newton and co do enough even with a strange offensive setup to get points on the board. 16-10 OKC.

Not the greatest fan of OKC’s front and if Sydney has some offensive weapons other than RB’s they could smoke this front. But OKC matches strength against strength and Sydney doesn’t have enough firepower to counter punch on the outside. OKC has enough firepower on offense to outscore Sydney and get the win. 

I don't like the OKC defensive gameplan.  At all.  Big Ben has the ability to recognize a 6 man front, call audibles and pick apart the secondary.  Stephon Tuitt as a base DE is not good, he's strictly  34 DE/INT.  I don't think the way to stop Johnson is a meat wall, you need to eliminate his speed with speed.

Sidney big as OKC goes Patricia. 

This would be a ridiculous game to watch. At the end of the day I'm going with the SUPER inefficient offense of Sydney who plans on running the ball into a stacked DL. That said I think the wrinkle of Big Ben hitting John Brown on the multiple deep shots being covered by either Amos or Trevor Williams, and DJ and Gordon catching passes out of the backfield against an exposed middle of the field with the heavy emphasis on the DL. The spread might be efficient but I think Sydney's QB spy/Blitz strategy is more effective than Cam throwing to a spread that features Michael Gallup and Taywan Taylor.

Archived