BDL 2018 Week 1: Berlin Blitzkrieg @ Portland Horned Owls

ny92mike

Berlin Blitzkrieg @ Portland Horned Owls  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Berlin Blitzkrieg
    • Portland Horned Owls

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/12/2018 at 04:00 PM

2 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

Will edit after I see how Derek Carr plays. 

Edit at MNF Halfitime: Derek Carr looks fantastic for the most part, I'd suggest portland work out a trade for Jared Cook because their TE position on offense is a wasteland. 

I think Portland made a few mistakes such as not going 4 wide given Berlin's secondary missing Berry and lacking a legitimate no.1 CB along with giving the wrong RBs touches, but eh I get committing to the running game against a fierce Berluin pass rush.

Berlin couldn't have asked for better production from it's WRs and it's the reason I'm going to pick them, or it would be if Berlin didn't have a massive disadvantage with James going up against T.J Watt, Berlin acknowledged him but they didn't do enough to adjust for Watt and I think that's the difference in a close game, Berlins LBs are garbage and a mismatch as well.

Keenum isn't terrible but a 3 INT performance (Though 3 TDs, 300 yards isn't bad) isn't exactly great. He'd do enough to get the job done at home but on the road? Not so much.

24-28. Portland

Carr also had 3 INTs.

Did you not see Darby play awesome Thursday night?  And Bouye is a stud.  And Gareon was very good for the most part tonight.

Also, in what world are our LBs garbage?  Go look at anything about Tremaine and Bentley.  They both played very, very well this weekend despite being rookies.

You can bring up Ja'wuan v Watt, but Ja'wuan is massively better than anyone the Browns played at RT.

Voting against me is fine, but at least take the time to research my roster a bit first.  I'm starting certain guys for a reason.

12 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Carr also had 3 INTs.

Did you not see Darby play awesome Thursday night?  And Bouye is a stud.  And Gareon was very good for the most part tonight.

Also, in what world are our LBs garbage?  Go look at anything about Tremaine and Bentley.  They both played very, very well this weekend despite being rookies.

You can bring up Ja'wuan v Watt, but Ja'wuan is massively better than anyone the Browns played at RT.

Voting against me is fine, but at least take the time to research my roster a bit first.  I'm starting certain guys for a reason.

Yep wrote that up before the 2nd half (Might as well kill halftime with voting) oh well I still think Carr does better against your defense. 

I saw Darby be a passable starter not much more, Bouye's pretty good but he's manning the slot so eh, Gareon was solid as well but he's gonna have to play well consistently to get the scrub label from last season out of my mind. As for the rookie LBs, I'm sure you thought they played well.

I did research on your roster actually, (Had to double check Bentley and your other S and Hilton/other backups since I forgot which team some were on) but thanks for insinuating the opposite.

Out of 10 times you probably win this game 5/10 but I went with the home team here, honestly your WRs could've carried this win for you but I just don't see Keenum as a legitimate starting QB. 

2 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

Yep wrote that up before the 2nd half (Might as well kill halftime with voting) oh well I still think Carr does better against your defense. 

I saw Darby be a passable starter not much more, Bouye's pretty good but he's manning the slot so eh, Gareon was solid as well but he's gonna have to play well consistently to get the scrub label from last season out of my mind. As for the rookie LBs, I'm sure you thought they played well.

I did research on your roster actually, (Had to double check Bentley and your other S and Hilton/other backups since I forgot which team some were on) but thanks for insinuating the opposite.

Out of 10 times you probably win this game 5/10 but I went with the home team here, honestly your WRs could've carried this win for you but I just don't see Keenum as a legitimate starting QB. 

I did insinuate the opposite because I honestly don't see how you come to that conclusion.

Darby was excellent.  Bouye erases the slot WR and would be a legit #1 on any team that didn't have a Ramsey, PP21, or Rhodes caliber CB.  And Conley was hurt for most of last year(but looked good in the two games he played), so I am not sure how injury in a rookie year gives him a scrub label.  

As for the rookie LBs, I, and literally everyone who has written about them that I have seen, agree that they played very well.  I honestly haven't seen anything to the contrary.

And I think we will just have to disagree about Keenum.  He was every bit a BDL-caliber QB last year and was plenty good enough this week to beat Carr and co.

Trusting a rookie to cover Portland's best weapon was a big mistake imho. McCoy could have a field day here. However Portland offense is too limited beyond that. On the other side of the ball, Keenum isn't great of course, but with little pressure in his face and with receivers who can all go off at any time, I think he does enough to take control of the game early.

Berlin wins 24-20 as Portland comeback falls short

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

I did insinuate the opposite because I honestly don't see how you come to that conclusion.

Darby was excellent.  Bouye erases the slot WR and would be a legit #1 on any team that didn't have a Ramsey, PP21, or Rhodes caliber CB.  And Conley was hurt for most of last year(but looked good in the two games he played), so I am not sure how injury in a rookie year gives him a scrub label.  

As for the rookie LBs, I, and literally everyone who has written about them that I have seen, agree that they played very well.  I honestly haven't seen anything to the contrary.

And I think we will just have to disagree about Keenum.  He was every bit a BDL-caliber QB last year and was plenty good enough this week to beat Carr and co.

That was supposed to be a joke, should've made that clearer on my end. I 

Agreed, we'll just have to disagree on a fair few things. 

9 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Carr also had 3 INTs.

James is actualy only a slight uptick from Chris Hubbard historically

8 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

bentley yes, edmunds, not even close.  He got lost in coverage soo many times, and it's been written about

McCaffrey is gonna have a field day against Edmunds in the passing game but I think Keenum just has more to work with here.  Both D lines are about the same imo with Watt overperforming and houston dissapearing week 1.  I kinda wish rags would ahve specified who his slot receiver was cause if its anyone with speed, mccourtey is gonna be torch city,  Have to use Joseph next week cause i think mccourtey only got a handful of plays

McCaffrey out of the backfield keeps it closer then it should be against the Berlin d but in the end its not enough

Berlin 17-14

21 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

McCaffrey is gonna have a field day against Edmunds in the passing game but I think Keenum just has more to work with here.  Both D lines are about the same imo with Watt overperforming and houston dissapearing week 1.  I kinda wish rags would ahve specified who his slot receiver was cause if its anyone with speed, mccourtey is gonna be torch city,  Have to use Joseph next week cause i think mccourtey only got a handful of plays

McCaffrey out of the backfield keeps it closer then it should be against the Berlin d but in the end its not enough

Berlin 17-14

McCoy not McCaffrey 

Berlin Vs Portland

I believe Portland has underestimated Berlin’s QB to move the chains.  I also believe that the Berlin receivers match up very well against the Portland secondary.  So while the pressure Portland plans to get after the quarterback I think Berlin’s line can do enough for them to be effective through the air.

Archived