Cardinals extend David Johnson

Thelonebillsfan

31 minutes ago, VanS said:

Feel bad for Le'Veon.  That's more than the Steelers offered him in guaranteed money.

Hopefully he can stay healthy, make it to free agency, and cake out in 2019.

Feel bad for Le'Veon?  The Steelers offered him more than what the Cardinals just gave Johnson.   This is the kind of deal Bell can expect on the open market. 

49 minutes ago, JLambert58 said:

Feel bad for Le'Veon?  The Steelers offered him more than what the Cardinals just gave Johnson.   This is the kind of deal Bell can expect on the open market. 

I thought they only offered him $10 million guaranteed over a 5-year deal? DJ got 30 over three years. And Bell's offer was 14 per year and DJ got 13, so not a big difference there.

Edit: actually I was just reading the comments under the Schefter tweet, I don't think there is a consensus what Bell was offered lol.

And some Bears fans seem to think Howard is getting a second contract, smh.

47 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Edit: actually I was just reading the comments under the Schefter tweet, I don't think there is a consensus what Bell was offered lol.

Getting info from twitter was your first mistake lol.

51 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I thought they only offered him $10 million guaranteed over a 5-year deal? DJ got 30 over three years. And Bell's offer was 14 per year and DJ got 13, so not a big difference there.

He was offered $70M and 5 years. Those are the numbers people see and think Bell is greedy or dumb or whatever for turning down. But as you said, only $10M of that was guaranteed. The Steelers could have cut him at any point and Bell would've be out of luck, no way he was seeing even 3 years of that contract much less 5. Why sign a long term deal without any kind of long term security? 

2 hours ago, dtait93 said:

That Bell guy is probably not very happy

What crazy is Le'Veon is younger than David Johnson and yet the Steelers offered him half the guaranteed money David Johnson got.

David Johnson was born in 1991.  Le'Veon Bell was born in 1992.

2 hours ago, JLambert58 said:

Not in terms of guaranteed money.  Steelers offered Le'Veon more years and base salary but they only guaranteed the 1st year of the deal (which was roughly $15 million).  That's basically the exact same money he would make on the franchise tag.  That is what made it a joke of a deal.

David Johnson's deal has less years and less base salary but he's guaranteed $30 million.  That's double what Le'Veon was offered.

Archived