Week 1: GDT Saints vs Buccaneers

whodatworm23

6 hours ago, NS922 said:

The offense was as good as ever. Another classic performance from Brees. It would have been more than enough if our defense didn't make the Bucs offense look even better. It's absurd to hold our offense to any higher standard. Idk how it's even possible to put together such a trash defense over and over again. It would be bad enough if we saw this once or twice before, but how many times have we seen games like this now? How often does any other defense EVER look like this? The offense made a few mistakes, but that's acceptable. What's not acceptable is a defense that forces ONE punt all game against a team playing backups.

That's the issue I have with all of this. How can a team field a defense this bad for so many years. 

5 hours ago, SSK said:

That's the issue I have with all of this. How can a team field a defense this bad for so many years. 

And coming out unprepared and slow. It’s a reoccurring theme with Payton coached teams, starting slow is nothing new. It’s on your players as well, but coach is the reoccurring theme 

1 hour ago, Dome said:

And coming out unprepared and slow. It’s a reoccurring theme with Payton coached teams, starting slow is nothing new. It’s on your players as well, but coach is the reoccurring theme 

Payton cottled these players during the preseason... Also during training camp. Never have I seen so many veteran days off, hell Brees and Jordan didnt touch the field till the 3rd game and anyone who says you can simulate a game experience in practice is delusional. All offseason these players talked about how they should have beaten the Vikings and would have beaten the Eagles. They heard every media outlet pick them to repersent the NFC in the Superbowl this year and watched their coach trade two 1st round picks for a raw pass rusher and a additional 3rd rounder for a backup quarterback all with the premise that the Saints were "ALL IN" this season.

All this did 2 things... 

1. It put a great amount of pressure on everyone in the orginazation, especially the players.

2. It placed a major target on the Saints back from the view point of all other NFC teams. 

So add it all up and the Saints came into that game overconfident, sluggish and unerprepared with nowhere near the mindset needed to win in the NFL. The Bucs came in hungry and looking to prove something and they punched the Saints square in the mouth and we never recovered.

Just as long as Brees gets back to 5000+ yards, we'll be just fine, right?!!..........................derp..................

Ingram should be as ashamed as ever right now, and I hope our defense, every single one of them, wakes the **** up.

From the looks of it, Kamara, Brees, and Thomas are the only playmakers on the entire team, both sides of the ball. I hope this changes, and changes quickly!

33 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

Just as long as Brees gets back to 5000+ yards, we'll be just fine, right?!!..........................derp..................

Ingram should be as ashamed as ever right now, and I hope our defense, every single one of them, wakes the **** up.

From the looks of it, Kamara, Brees, and Thomas are the only playmakers on the entire team, both sides of the ball. I hope this changes, and changes quickly!

Ginn actually looked pretty good in the first half when I was watching.  I mean he wasn't exciting but he seemed to be very consistent and reliable for Brees when he needed him to be.

4 hours ago, Raves said:

Ginn actually looked pretty good in the first half when I was watching.  I mean he wasn't exciting but he seemed to be very consistent and reliable for Brees when he needed him to be.

Give the rookie a couple weeks to get his feet under him as well. Kamara didn't exactly tear it up immediately, remember he looked straight up BAD in the Vikings opener. I have a lot of faith in Smith, we just need to get him out there. Can't put a finger on it, but he reminds me of someone specific. Great wingspan, looks super fluid snagging passes without giving the DB any idea he's going up for it until the last second. He's gonna make some big important plays for us this year.

Archived