Around The League

Bobby816

Just now, Dr.O said:

Lmao Pats about to have Moss2.0

Guy has talent. But he’s 1 mistake from being kicked out of the league. He’s shown 0 maturity to think it won’t happen again and that he’s not a head case. There’s a reason the Browns are getting rid of him. Pats are just starving for WRs.

24 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Guy has talent. But he’s 1 mistake from being kicked out of the league. He’s shown 0 maturity to think it won’t happen again and that he’s not a head case. There’s a reason the Browns are getting rid of him. Pats are just starving for WRs.

Yeah, and Gordon's a buffet. I can't wait until these Pat years are over.

2 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Indeed I have, and Cooks lasted one season there.

We aren’t competing for the division this year anyway 

I know I tried telling someone that today. I honestly could care less he is with the Pats. He is more likely to be suspended indefinitely again than last a whole season there. Its not about wins this year (though winning is always awesome) its about progress and growing. Next year is about building a winning team. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jets-continue-search-for-impact-pass-rusher-would-have-topped-bears-offer-for-khalil-mack/

This was interesting. Pretty much confirms a lot of what we already know, but I think what's more clear is that the Jets will be in the market for any premier talent to improve the roster (see Josh Gordon interest). 

58 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jets-continue-search-for-impact-pass-rusher-would-have-topped-bears-offer-for-khalil-mack/

This was interesting. Pretty much confirms a lot of what we already know, but I think what's more clear is that the Jets will be in the market for any premier talent to improve the roster (see Josh Gordon interest). 

They need to actually pull the trigger on this Fowler deal. After seeing the impact Mack is making I'm perfectly ok with giving up something valuable if we have to for him. No Fowler isn't Mack by no means... but an edge for this defense is really the missing link we need. And Fowler can be our guy for years.

26 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

They need to actually pull the trigger on this Fowler deal. After seeing the impact Mack is making I'm perfectly ok with giving up something valuable if we have to for him. No Fowler isn't Mack by no means... but an edge for this defense is really the missing link we need. And Fowler can be our guy for years.

Who's to say he's available? Likely will be as a FA, but he has a role on their defense short term

1 minute ago, jetskid007 said:

Who's to say he's available? Likely will be as a FA, but he has a role on their defense short term

If they can get a 2nd for him. That should do it. I would give a 2020 2nd Rounder for him. And word was he was available our offer just wasn't enough at the time.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

If they can get a 2nd for him. That should do it. I would give a 2020 2nd Rounder for him. And word was he was available our offer just wasn't enough at the time.

I can't see the Jags, given up Fowler for a second round pick in 2020. They will get a better offer than that for Fowler. The way Fowler is playing now the Jags will keep him for the rest of the season. As things stand now the Jags, are in a playoff run. Our only chance of getting him is in next years FA market.

8 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I don’t think there is any reason to overpay for Fowler this year. He’ll be a FA and we’re in position to outbid everyone this offseason. The Jags are tight from a cap prospective and will have several other defenders they need to pay first. I’m waiting until the offseason- keep the picks unless you’re getting a proven superstar. 

Archived