Around The League

Bobby816

3 hours ago, Dr.O said:

So apparently John Harbaugh is on the hot seat in Baltimore. If he’s let go he’s shoot to the top of my HC list tbh

Easily. That is exactly the type of coach you want. Instead of an OC who doesnt call plays just because the QB looks insanely good. 

3 hours ago, Dr.O said:

So apparently John Harbaugh is on the hot seat in Baltimore. If he’s let go he’s shoot to the top of my HC list tbh

I’d be ok with this. I think as long as Darnold develops and we win 5-6 games we don’t fire Bowles though. And don’t mistake that for me liking Bowles. It’s just a prediction. I want him gone. I just think with a rookie QB and the roster we have... he has a longer string then we think.

I disagree here. If Bowles continues to struggle we will see a change. I think the turning point is the Bills game. If we lose to the Bills he will be fired and a new coach will take over during the by week. I think Caldwell steps in because he has been a HC before. If Bal fires Harbaugh he is number one on the list. 

17 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I disagree here. If Bowles continues to struggle we will see a change. I think the turning point is the Bills game. If we lose to the Bills he will be fired and a new coach will take over during the by week. I think Caldwell steps in because he has been a HC before. If Bal fires Harbaugh he is number one on the list. 

Honestly hope at this point josh Allen plays and humiliates us ...Pryor too ... think this organization coaching staff and front office has to be humiliated going into the bye for their hand to be forced

nathan peterman would be even more humiliating but I don’t think he has it in him 

16 minutes ago, KBS756 said:

Honestly hope at this point josh Allen plays and humiliates us ...Pryor too ... think this organization coaching staff and front office has to be humiliated going into the bye for their hand to be forced

nathan peterman would be even more humiliating but I don’t think he has it in him 

Pump the breaks. I actually want our talent to want to stay here and for FAs to want to come here. If we lose to Buffalo, Adams might just retire.

Interesting... Jets refused the trade offer for Robby Anderson from Eagles because they didn't want to screw up Darnold's development. Anderson?  I would completely understand if it was Big Q but Anderson? not really.  I don't know what offer was it but I looked at Golden Tate trade.  Considering I think Jets would tender him a 2nd round offer after this season, 3rd round pick would be somewhat acceptable if Jets made the trade last week.

Good Job on Fowler Jr.  Jaguars moved on from Jets to Rams after they asked for 4th round pick in return among with Fowler. I wish Rams successfully acquired Clowney but whatever.

4 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think you mixed up Mike Caldwell with Jim. According to attached, Mike’s highest level is what he is now.

https://www.newyorkjets.com/team/coaches-roster/mike-caldwell

i think the only coach with HC experience is Robert Nunn and that was on the college level at Georgia Military School 

i would fire Bowles after the Buffalo game regardless of outcome, and put Bates in charge. I think Bowles has been holding him back from doing anything innovative. Worst case he gets fired after the season and we go a new direction.

26 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

I think you mixed up Mike Caldwell with Jim. According to attached, Mike’s highest level is what he is now.

https://www.newyorkjets.com/team/coaches-roster/mike-caldwell

i think the only coach with HC experience is Robert Nunn and that was on the college level at Georgia Military School 

i would fire Bowles after the Buffalo game regardless of outcome, and put Bates in charge. I think Bowles has been holding him back from doing anything innovative. Worst case he gets fired after the season and we go a new direction.

Is Karl Dorrell still with Jets? 

Bowles may hold offense in check for real good reason but it is OL that actually limits Darnold to bland offense.  The elapse of blocking is really bad. 

Edit: Yeah Dorrell is still with us.   Caldwell's 3 years as AHC in NFL edges Dorrell's UCLA HC.  Problem is Bowles and Caldwell are pals. umm.

16 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Is Karl Dorrell still with Jets? 

Bowles may hold offense in check for real good reason but it is OL that actually limits Darnold to bland offense.  The elapse of blocking is really bad. 

Dorrell is still here and looking at his bio he was HC at UCLA for 5 years. He might be an option but he never never was an OC at the NFL level and works for Bates now

On 11/2/2018 at 7:56 PM, Bobby816 said:

Some names off the top of my head are... Cousins, AR15, Collins, Vernon, Osemele and I think I’m missing others.

Please post a link because outside of Cousins I remember reading articles from our beat writers after we were outbid on Vernon.  They all said Mac stuck to his highest offer and didn't want to go higher that's why we didn't land Vernon.  Collins never even made it to FA and was signed by the Browns prior so now I know you are just making stuff up.  Funny how we got outbid on a guy that was never even a FA.

Never mind if Jets hired new HC but for now, the FA listings who I think can help Bowles reach some achievement for Jets.   Maccagnan said he would be superb aggressive in FA after this season.  It is easier said than done.  umm.

Non Jet players only.

Under 29 years old.

RB Tevin Coleman (Too friendly to leave Falcons)
WR Tyrell Williams (Franchise candidate)
WR Adam Humphries
TE Tyler Eifert
C Brett Jones
C Mitch Morse (Affordably to be kept by Chiefs after dumping aging Justin Houston)
Edge Demarcus Lawrence (2nd Franchise candidate)
Edge Markus Golden
Edge Frank Clark (Franchise candidate)
Edge Trey Flowers (Franchise candidate)
Edge Jadeveon Clowney (Franchise candidate)
Edge Dante Fowler Jr (work ethic blows)
Edge Dee Ford (Franchise candidate)

Edge Anthony Barr (Rushing remains big question but so is Fowler)

RB Le'Veon Bell (May seek for recouping his 2018 lost money with different team)

29 years old and older.

LG Andy Levitre (likely to be apart from Falcons)
LG Rodger Saffold (Could be a goner if Fowler stays with Rams)
C Matt Paradis (likely to be apart from Broncos)
Edge Ezekiel Ansah
Edge Brandon Graham (Possibly apart from Eagles as Salary Cap crunch).

22 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Never mind if Jets hired new HC but for now, the FA listings who I think can help Bowles reach some achievement for Jets.   Maccagnan said he would be superb aggressive in FA after this season.  It is easier said than done.  umm.

Non Jet players only.

Under 29 years old.

RB Tevin Coleman (Too friendly to leave Falcons)
WR Tyrell Williams (Franchise candidate)
WR Adam Humphries
TE Tyler Eifert
C Brett Jones
C Mitch Morse (Affordably to be kept by Chiefs after dumping aging Justin Houston)
Edge Demarcus Lawrence (2nd Franchise candidate)
Edge Markus Golden
Edge Frank Clark (Franchise candidate)
Edge Trey Flowers (Franchise candidate)
Edge Jadeveon Clowney (Franchise candidate)
Edge Dante Fowler Jr (work ethic blows)
Edge Dee Ford (Franchise candidate)

29 years old and older.

LG Andy Levitre (likely to be apart from Falcons)
LG Rodger Saffold (Could be a goner if Fowler stays with Rams)
C Matt Paradis (likely to be apart from Broncos)
Edge Ezekiel Ansah
Edge Brandon Graham (Possibly apart from Eagles as Salary Cap crunch).

Gotta add Anthony Barr to that list, Sub-30 and Minnesota wont have the cap to keep him around. I know that he currently plays OLB in a 4-3 but I think he could transition to a 3-4 edge guy.

Archived