Around The League

Bobby816

Anyway,  Levitre (Tricep) and Paradis(Fibula) are out of season. If medically checked out, both could bolster the run game as well as bumping up in pass blocking. However, Jets need to check out their athleticism since they are entering into the aging part.  Jets lack athleticism from IOL and it becomes the biggest liability in run game.   If Jets want to upper ZBS percentage then they have to find a several IOL that moves well.

11 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Anyway,  Levitre (Tricep) and Paradis(Fibula) are out of season. If medically checked out, both could bolster the run game as well as bumping up in pass blocking. However, Jets need to check out their athleticism since they are entering into the aging part.  Jets lack athleticism from IOL and it becomes the biggest liability in run game.   If Jets want to upper ZBS percentage then they have to find a several IOL that moves well.

Those are the type of guys I think we have a chance on to improve turbo OL. I would be fine with either one. Levitre is more of a 1 year stop gap, but we can’t go into the draft with what we have. He’ll at least be decent as long as he recovers physically.

I could see Paradis resigning with Denver on a 3 year deal. He’s more of a long shot.

58 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Never mind if Jets hired new HC but for now, the FA listings who I think can help Bowles reach some achievement for Jets.   Maccagnan said he would be superb aggressive in FA after this season.  It is easier said than done.  umm.

Non Jet players only.

Under 29 years old.

RB Tevin Coleman (Too friendly to leave Falcons)
WR Tyrell Williams (Franchise candidate)
WR Adam Humphries
TE Tyler Eifert
C Brett Jones
C Mitch Morse (Affordably to be kept by Chiefs after dumping aging Justin Houston)
Edge Demarcus Lawrence (2nd Franchise candidate)
Edge Markus Golden
Edge Frank Clark (Franchise candidate)
Edge Trey Flowers (Franchise candidate)
Edge Jadeveon Clowney (Franchise candidate)
Edge Dante Fowler Jr (work ethic blows)
Edge Dee Ford (Franchise candidate)

Edge Anthony Barr(Rushing remains big question but so is Fowler)

29 years old and older.

LG Andy Levitre (likely to be apart from Falcons)
LG Rodger Saffold (Could be a goner if Fowler stays with Rams)
C Matt Paradis (likely to be apart from Broncos)
Edge Ezekiel Ansah
Edge Brandon Graham (Possibly apart from Eagles as Salary Cap crunch).

Nice list. I’d be happy if we come out with a FA class like Fowler or Barr plus Levitre, Coleman and Williams.

What about Bell? I could see the Jets being players in that market.

3 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Please post a link because outside of Cousins I remember reading articles from our beat writers after we were outbid on Vernon.  They all said Mac stuck to his highest offer and didn't want to go higher that's why we didn't land Vernon.  Collins never even made it to FA and was signed by the Browns prior so now I know you are just making stuff up.  Funny how we got outbid on a guy that was never even a FA.

I’m not going to go and find a link for every player that’s snubbed us in free agency. Another one that I remember just this last year was Suh. We had a high offer on him and he then refunded it bc he was just using us a leverage apparently. Either way. We had a big offer out there and anplayer didn’t take it like most the time. The whole point of my side of the argument. Is that we shouldn’t say don’t trade for this guy irthat guy bc we value picks (bc I value picks) but when it comes to free agents... they just don’t want to come here. And that’s pretty much a fact. Every once in awhile we can get a guy to chase the money or have some connection with a coach or something. But WAY more frequently the free agents just don’t want to come here. So we shouldn’t just assume we can get an edge in FA bc we have money. Or any position for that matter.

1 hour ago, SDotNova said:

Those are the type of guys I think we have a chance on to improve turbo OL. I would be fine with either one. Levitre is more of a 1 year stop gap, but we can’t go into the draft with what we have. He’ll at least be decent as long as he recovers physically.

I could see Paradis resigning with Denver on a 3 year deal. He’s more of a long shot.

Connor McGovern was their center of the future and now he is taking over at Center.  If Paradis could return if it didn't work out the way Broncos envisioned at OL.

1 hour ago, SDotNova said:

Nice list. I’d be happy if we come out with a FA class like Fowler or Barr plus Levitre, Coleman and Williams.

What about Bell? I could see the Jets being players in that market.

Bell is out of picture for two reasons.  he is a featured RB that doesn't want to share with other RB as Jets continue using RB committee approach. Second one is he is too darn expensive to be RB committee if he accepts.  We could add Bell if Jets decides to invest heavily in a showboating RB. For now, I don't see that way. Time will tell.  

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Connor McGovern was their center of the future and now he is taking over at Center.  If Paradis could return if it didn't work out the way Broncos envisioned at OL.

Bell is out of picture for two reasons.  he is a featured RB that doesn't want to share with other RB as Jets continue using RB committee approach. Second one is he is too darn expensive to be RB committee if he accepts.  We could add Bell if Jets decides to invest heavily in a showboating RB. For now, I don't see that way. Time will tell.

I think Bell is an option for us if we get snubbed by other FAs. We have to spend the money somewhere and Bell will chase money apparently.

40 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think Bell is an option for us if we get snubbed by other FAs. We have to spend the money somewhere and Bell will chase money apparently.

Like giving him a 32m on first year?  If he sat out completely this season, he lost 14.5m.   He will be much happier if he gets recoup of that price plus future price.

14.5m missing money and 17m-17.5m on first year is only a way to secure his service. That money we talk about.

I don't know if Jets and Bell come to the term if every NFL team makes a "too bad" message about 2018 money.

If Bell shows up by next week then 8m will need to be recouped for Bell in 2019.  That would be 25ish m  for 2019. Think Maccagnan would go for it?

I hate to say it but this might be a slight blessing in disguise. Darnold is a little dinged up and gets to sit for a game and take a mental breather. The team will go into the bye week and ideally darnold, enunwa, anderson, etc. Can get back to 100% and return for the Pats game. 

11 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Darnold may not be available to play on the field until after Patriots game??????

This is a benching without saying it IMO. I just don’t buy it. I feel we would have heard about it before today. If he’s truly injured...you can’t help but worry and think “here we go again” with QB injuries. 

24 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

This is a benching without saying it IMO. I just don’t buy it. I feel we would have heard about it before today. If he’s truly injured...you can’t help but worry and think “here we go again” with QB injuries. 

I 100% don’t agree. It’d be a game like this you’d absolutely want him to play. Bounce back after a bad game. He’s in a boot with a sprained ankle. He’s hurt

Archived