Around The League

Bobby816

8 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Bills waived Pryor. Wonder if we try and bring him back. Kearse has been bad.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we moved on from Kearse, thought Sam had a bit of a connection with Pryor and honestly wouldn’t mind bringing him back next year too to be the #4 again. Ideally for me our WR core next year should look like, Harry/Metcalf, Quincy, Anderson, Pryor, Rookie, Roberts

12 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

ArDarius Stewart what happened to that guy? why you guys give up on 3rd rounder that fast? does he suck that bad???

The reason Jets had moved on from him is his injury. Because of injury, he wasn't able to catch up to NFL standard per Bowles' eyes nor prove that he could plug in and play when needed.  He was struggling last season and had never showed some signs that he had NFL potential since then.  Raiders may have a luck with him. Whatever.

Good Luck.

12 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

ArDarius Stewart what happened to that guy? why you guys give up on 3rd rounder that fast? does he suck that bad???

Couldn’t stay healthy for us or show enough in practice to play. Another wasted pick for the Hets at WR/RB/TE. He has to get it fast though. Bc he’s in his 2nd year... but he’s already I think 25 or something.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2018/11/15/5-mostly-likely-landing-spots-for-leveon-bell-in-2019/

Raiders? lol. They shipped best or expensive players away but they could sign Bell?  Yea right.

Texans?  Could work but I highly doubt it. O'brien simply doesn't value RB.  Stick with RB committee or exact skill set ones.

Colts? They have solid young IOL. Should work there.

Jets?  Have to fix OL first.

49ers?  Possibly but OL will become a concern some point in near future.  I am sure Shanahan knows that.

We should and rightfully so be the frontrunners for Bell.  No reason not to go after the best offensive playmaker on offense in FA.  Coming off a year with no touches is very nice for a 25 years old RB.  A Bell, McGuire, Cannon trio is nice for next year.

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

We should and rightfully so be the frontrunners for Bell.  No reason not to go after the best offensive playmaker on offense in FA.  Coming off a year with no touches is very nice for a 25 years old RB.  A Bell, McGuire, Cannon trio is nice for next year.

Yeah.. Jets need to make a quintessential upgrade to make the team relevant.   No, I correct myself, Jets MUST.

Jets need to sign new OL as fast as they can so it could make Bell not to pull Kirk Cousins on Jets.

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Yeah.. Jets need to make a quintessential upgrade to make the team relevant.   No, I correct myself, Jets MUST.

Jets need to sign new OL as fast as they can so it could make Bell not to pull Kirk Cousins on Jets.

The thing that culd help us with Bell is that he's more than likely going to take a few days to sign. Allowing us to make other moves to intrigue him. This is where the Jets fell short IMO in other years. If we landed a decent OL and AR15 or Watkins last off season I think Cousins might have been persuaded here. Bell waiting a few days can alter his decision. We have the monet regardless. An edge guy is the only one that will take up a big cap hit... but that shouldn't prevent us from signing an OL or 2 as well.

45 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

The thing that culd help us with Bell is that he's more than likely going to take a few days to sign. Allowing us to make other moves to intrigue him. This is where the Jets fell short IMO in other years. If we landed a decent OL and AR15 or Watkins last off season I think Cousins might have been persuaded here. Bell waiting a few days can alter his decision. We have the monet regardless. An edge guy is the only one that will take up a big cap hit... but that shouldn't prevent us from signing an OL or 2 as well.

We could easily make Spain, Lawrence, and Bell the high paid players at their position and be fine cap wise.  So it's not going to be about money it's going to be about the offensive system and team outlook.  And of course praying some of these guys get to FA.

Looking at the Panther cap space I think there is a really good chance they let Funchess hit the market.  Probably going to have to pay him in the 14-15M range.  I kind would do it to be honest.  He grades out pretty well per pff and seems to be finally coming into his own as a WR.  He'd be a great fit with his size along with Anderson and Q.

I think I move him and Bell to the top of my list in FA.

Bell - $16M
Funchess - $15M
Barr - $20M

That will leave us 50+ left to resign our own.  Then I'd use every draft pick on OL and see what sticks.  I recently changed plans because I doubt Spain hits FA so I'm trying to be realistic.

4 hours ago, Dr.O said:

I think Barr is overrated, rather go after guys like Preston Smith, Zadarius Smith, Dante Fowler, Dee Ford, Brandon Graham, or Aaron Lynch than him tbh

Depends on who actually hits FA bc all these guys won’t, but more board for edge in FA is...

1. Lawrence

2. Clowney

3. Barr

4. Fowler Jr.

5. Ansah

6. Ray

7. Barrett

Archived