Around The League

Bobby816

It interesting, last year Jets fans were divided on what we wanted to the team to do. Cousins, draft QB, etc.

This year, it feels like we are all mostly in agreement on what we want the FO to do. We might split hairs on what players or what coach, but we agree for the most part. It just seems so obvious this team needs an offensive coach and to do direct most assets to help Darnold.

Im optimistic Macc sees the obvious.

26 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

It interesting, last year Jets fans were divided on what we wanted to the team to do. Cousins, draft QB, etc.

This year, it feels like we are all mostly in agreement on what we want the FO to do. We might split hairs on what players or what coach, but we agree for the most part. It just seems so obvious this team needs an offensive coach and to do direct most assets to help Darnold.

I don't see Macc getting fired (although I want him to). But I think he knows his job is on the line (much like last year he knew he needed a QB to save his job). So I think he knows he has to go out and add weapons for Darnold to keep his job. Rebuild the OL via draft and FA, add Bell and get 2 WR via draft and FA.

33 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Knowing what to do and knowing how to do it are completely different things. 

Macc and his keurig should be gone yesterday.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I don't see Macc getting fired (although I want him to). But I think he knows his job is on the line (much like last year he knew he needed a QB to save his job). So I think he knows he has to go out and add weapons for Darnold to keep his job. Rebuild the OL via draft and FA, add Bell and get 2 WR via draft and FA.

1 WR should be good and don't forget the pass rusher.

Goal:
Bell
LT
LG
C
WR
Pass Rusher 

3 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

1 WR should be good and don't forget the pass rusher.

Goal:
Bell
LT
LG
C
WR
Pass Rusher 

I say 2 WRs bc we actually (I believe) have 0 WRs on the roster at seasons end. They’re all FAs. I think we bring back Q and Robby... but you need 5 WRs these days. So we actually need 3 not 2.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I say 2 WRs bc we actually (I believe) have 0 WRs on the roster at seasons end. They’re all FAs. I think we bring back Q and Robby... but you need 5 WRs these days. So we actually need 3 not 2.

I agree. We need more speed too. Q runs exceptionally well for his size and robby is just tall and quick but can go over the middle or handle contact. Robby is worth keeping but we should be looking for him to simply be the one trick pony he is and not a starter. We need our Tyreek Hill or Cohen or Cooks etc. We tried with Devin Smith, but he was an awful football player who had zero heart. Stewart was tough but couldnt even beat out players on the back end, and Hanssen just sucked. We have to draft skill positions much better. Hell we have to do better on every pick.

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Your list is correct, but can Macc,  pull it off? I have lost all confidence in him. 

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

9 hours ago, ekill08x said:

I agree. We need more speed too. Q runs exceptionally well for his size and robby is just tall and quick but can go over the middle or handle contact. Robby is worth keeping but we should be looking for him to simply be the one trick pony he is and not a starter. We need our Tyreek Hill or Cohen or Cooks etc. We tried with Devin Smith, but he was an awful football player who had zero heart. Stewart was tough but couldnt even beat out players on the back end, and Hanssen just sucked. We have to draft skill positions much better. Hell we have to do better on every pick.

Watched some film on UCFs Killins Jr. and I see that Hill, Cohen type guy in him. In past drafts we’d for sure be able to get him in the 3rd bc of his size. But no everyone looks for these type of guys. Definitely a guy I’m watching.

12 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I was think more in terms of starting caliber players with that list.  #4 WR and #5 WR could be Burnett and some late round rookie.

6 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

I was think more in terms of starting caliber players with that list.  #4 WR and #5 WR could be Burnett and some late round rookie.

Agreed I don’t view Robby as a starter. He needs to be a complimentary player. Q is a solid #2 but he has got to stay healthy. I’ll stress this till i’m blue in the face, your best ability is availability .

4 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Agreed I don’t view Robby as a starter. He needs to be a complimentary player. Q is a solid #2 but he has got to stay healthy. I’ll stress this till i’m blue in the face, your best ability is availability .

He's an elite deep threat in this league.  Those guys are good enough to start and have a pivotal role in the offense.  Most teams run 3 WR base sets so Robby is plenty good to be an outside WR in 3 WR sets.  We really need a big body do it all type WR which will keep Q in the slot where he belongs.  Funchess is an ideal target.

9 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

He's an elite deep threat in this league.  Those guys are good enough to start and have a pivotal role in the offense.  Most teams run 3 WR base sets so Robby is plenty good to be an outside WR in 3 WR sets.  We really need a big body do it all type WR which will keep Q in the slot where he belongs.  Funchess is an ideal target.

Robby is a lot more useful with 2 better WRs then him on the field. Allowing single coverage and him to try and burn guys. We don’t have that now. That’s what we need. An OL to block. A RB to keep the defense from being able to drop 7-8 into coverage and WRs that make plays that aren’t 1 trick pony’s.

50 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Robby is a lot more useful with 2 better WRs then him on the field. Allowing single coverage and him to try and burn guys. We don’t have that now. That’s what we need. An OL to block. A RB to keep the defense from being able to drop 7-8 into coverage and WRs that make plays that aren’t 1 trick pony’s.

Robby looked Dominant with McCown and Morton calling plays, Sam just needs to develop from a mental stand point and Robby should be back on track

50 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Robby looked Dominant with McCown and Morton calling plays, Sam just needs to develop from a mental stand point and Robby should be back on track

Dominant? Come on man. We were down in game and slingingbthe ball deep. He’s pretty much a 1 trick pony (which is useful) but no where near a top receiving threat. He’s scared to do anything in the middle of the field bc he weighs 122lbs. He’s fast but not quick, so he doesn’t offer anything in the screen game. He can’t block. So the word dominant is far from his skill set.

Archived