Around The League

Bobby816

17 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

I don't care if a defensive player is BPA, we need to grab either a top tier OL or WR, regardless of the pick to value ratio. The only guy I say that doesn't count for is Nick Bosa, but unless we are picking #1 he's not even a realistic choice (and I'm happy for it).

Absolutely. I have a good example that jumps out to me. Tennessee drafting Corey Davis last season. They “reached” for Davis. And that’s bc they needed WRs for Mariota (their important investment). And now you see Davis in year 2 probably going to eclipse 1,000yds and get to 7-8 TDs for a team that doesn’t exactly sling the ball around. And he should only get better. I have no issue at all with us if we can’t trade down (my 1st choice) to slightly reach for a WR. I’m not as big on reaching for a LT. But would prefer that over just going edge and rolling out what we have now for Darnold next year.

40 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Absolutely. I have a good example that jumps out to me. Tennessee drafting Corey Davis last season. They “reached” for Davis. And that’s bc they needed WRs for Mariota (their important investment). And now you see Davis in year 2 probably going to eclipse 1,000yds and get to 7-8 TDs for a team that doesn’t exactly sling the ball around. And he should only get better. I have no issue at all with us if we can’t trade down (my 1st choice) to slightly reach for a WR. I’m not as big on reaching for a LT. But would prefer that over just going edge and rolling out what we have now for Darnold next year.

Ah... Corey Davis was a reach because he came from small school?  Since you always whine about something like that it is very good chance that you would whine about Corey Davis' rookie performance. 

Secondly, when Titans drafted Davis, their defense was already established. 

If Jets want to go with offensive prospect in 1st round then they can make a trade down. It is better than reaching someone for the offense's sake in top 5. Unless Jonah Williams or Greg Little blows it up during the scouting days, BPA remains high with defense.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Ah... Corey Davis was a reach because he came from small school?  Since you always whine about something like that it is very good chance that you would whine about Corey Davis' rookie performance. 

If Jets want to go with offensive prospect in 1st round then they can make a trade down. It is better than reaching someone for the offense's sake in top 5. Unless Jonah Williams or Greg Little blows it up during the scouting days, BPA remains high with defense.

Some of these small schools, who are stuck in these lower conference like UCF have produced all pro players thru out the years. PLAYERS FROM SMALL SCHOOLS ARE NOT A REACH. Just because the Jets scouting dept. sucks & miss these guys. Hear are just a few

Steve McNair, Alcorn St, Randy Moss, Mississippi Valley.Terry Bradshaw, Louisiana Tech, Antoinio Gates Kent ST, Khalil Mack Buffalo, Michael Strahan,Texas Southern, Terrell Owens, Tenn. Chatanooga, Phil Sims, Moorehead ST, Tony Roma, Eastern Illinois, Jared Allen Idaho St. AND OUR OWN WAYNE CHREBET, Hofstra. And this is just a few.  

C

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

1st off don’t talk to me that way or any member for that matter. I can call you out for countless posts you’ve made that I (and pretty much every member) hasn’t liked. This is your warning.

Now to actually discuss the topic I brought up... you say Tennessee had an established defense. Please tell me who there great edge rushers are? Orakpo with 1.5 sacks? Smith with 6? 

After seeing Josh Allen play for the first time, if the Bills, can work on his accuracy, and get him a better supporting cast around him, this kid could be a pain in the butt for us in years to come. Just what we don't need is another Jim Kelly to play twice a year. With that said how about Darnold, on that play when rolled out to his right and reversed and rolled to the left and throw a perfect strike on the run, that was his best play as a Jet. I think these Darnold, Allen, duels over the next 10 or so years are going to be great to watch.

11 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

After seeing Josh Allen play for the first time, if the Bills, can work on his accuracy, and get him a better supporting cast around him, this kid could be a pain in the butt for us in years to come. Just what we don't need is another Jim Kelly to play twice a year. With that said how about Darnold, on that play when rolled out to his right and reversed and rolled to the left and throw a perfect strike on the run, that was his best play as a Jet. I think these Darnold, Allen, duels over the next 10 or so years are going to be great to watch.

agreed, however accuracy is the absolute hardest thing to fix and we all know that first hand. allen is going to throw the ball the length of the field and run around but he will always be inaccurate and that’s why i didn’t like him as a prospect. if he can limit the turnovers, then he’ll have success. i just don’t see him ever being a consistently accurate QB. Darnold I do believe will be a lot more accurate with a better scheme and weapons but he also has to see the field much better and really limit the picks. 

and for the love of god can we please stop with defilipo. he is the equivalent of jermey bates as a play caller. he would be a worse hire than bowles was.

2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Some of these small schools, who are stuck in these lower conference like UCF have produced all pro players thru out the years. PLAYERS FROM SMALL SCHOOLS ARE NOT A REACH. Just because the Jets scouting dept. sucks & miss these guys. Hear are just a few

Steve McNair, Alcorn St, Randy Moss, Mississippi Valley.Terry Bradshaw, Louisiana Tech, Antoinio Gates Kent ST, Khalil Mack Buffalo, Michael Strahan,Texas Southern, Terrell Owens, Tenn. Chatanooga, Phil Sims, Moorehead ST, Tony Roma, Eastern Illinois, Jared Allen Idaho St. AND OUR OWN WAYNE CHREBET, Hofstra. And this is just a few.  

C

I didn't discount anything.  I was referring to Bobby who held low opinion towards low level of competition.

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Jets should hire him as Head Coach right? Because he’s offensive minded right?

Sean Payton was fired among with Ray Rhodes in Philadelphia. lol.     Anyway,  his firing sounds unfavorably for Jets. Move on.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

1st off don’t talk to me that way or any member for that matter. I can call you out for countless posts you’ve made that I (and pretty much every member) hasn’t liked. This is your warning.

Now to actually discuss the topic I brought up... you say Tennessee had an established defense. Please tell me who there great edge rushers are? Orakpo with 1.5 sacks? Smith with 6? 

Are you referring those numbers for 2016?  2018 season is not 2016 the year prior to the 2017 draft.

15 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

I didn't discount anything.  I was referring to Bobby who held low opinion towards low level of competition.

Sean Payton was fired among with Ray Rhodes in Philadelphia. lol.     Anyway,  his firing sounds unfavorably for Jets. Move on.

Are you referring those numbers for 2016?  2018 season is not 2016 the year prior to the 2017 draft.

There stats for the 2016 was even worse. Orakpo had 10.5 and the rest of the team pretty much did nothing as edge rushers.

Accuracy is definitely the most important. However, like Cam, being a menace on the ground and making the occasional big time throw can compensate. I thought Josh Allen played well but had some rookie mistakes. Bills fans need to hang in there. I agree, I think he is going to be a pain to deal with. Too early to judge but I think Allen is going to be a good QB.

We cant discount a coach that is fired. John Morton was fired last year. Looking back, we all know that was a bad decision. He was fired because of disagreements with Bowles not because of his knowledge. 

I think DeFilippo might need more time as an assistant. However, we should definitely interview him. 

Archived