Around The League

Bobby816

19 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Sitting Darnold shouldn't be an option. He actually has looked pretty good these last 2 games. So why bench him? Just to lose? We will probably lose anyway.

Why waste the Jets best asset on a lost season?  Sam is playing hurt.  I would rather Sam sit until he is 100% next season.

2 minutes ago, famousj said:

Why waste the Jets best asset on a lost season?  Sam is playing hurt.  I would rather Sam sit until he is 100% next season.

Every time he plays on the field he has a risk of getting hurt.  This year or next year.  I understand the concern but he needs to play to expose himself to gametape so he studies himself in order to improve the qb skill for next season and forwards.  Practice thing doesn't benefit him.

7 hours ago, mattmanz91 said:

If Mike Evans became available, what would you be comfortable giving up for him? Market would be limited with his 20mill cap hit, but we could easily take that on. 

We don’t have a 2nd to offer and a top 5 pick is too much. I’d give up both 3rds but that probably wouldn’t get it done 

2 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

We don’t have a 2nd to offer and a top 5 pick is too much. I’d give up both 3rds but that probably wouldn’t get it done 

What if TB gives up on Winston and goes QB in the draft and needs to trade up. Let's say we have the 3rd pick would you trade our first for Evans and there 2nd? Or something similar to that. 

Just now, mattmanz91 said:

What if TB gives up on Winston and goes QB in the draft and needs to trade up. Let's say we have the 3rd pick would you trade our first for Evans and there 2nd? Or something similar to that. 

I'd do our first for their first, Evans and their 2nd.  Nothing less and that might not even be enough.

5 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

I'd do our first for their first, Evans and their 2nd.  Nothing less and that might not even be enough.

If so, I have no problem with it.  However, I don't think Buccaneers will do it anyway as I expect them to accept what available talent to them instead of reaching for certain talent.

43 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

If the jets traded with Tampa to move up for a QB i think this would do it

Tampa gives up

Mike Evans

1st 2019

1st 2020

2nd 2019

Jets give up

1st 2019

3rd round 2020

It will cost a lot to move up 6-10 spots 

That would be great for the Jets, Evans is the big prize in that package.

13 hours ago, JetsandI said:

If so, I have no problem with it.  However, I don't think Buccaneers will do it anyway as I expect them to accept what available talent to them instead of reaching for certain talent.

Oh yeah total long shot but I was just responding to the idea of it.  It really would take a lot for TB to move up and I doubt they want to mortgage the future and Evans just for a QB.  I think they go CB like Greedy and give Winston 1 more year to figure it out.

Mike Evans is definitely worth a mid to late first like Cooper.

If he becomes available, the only way it makes sense is if they want a QB and want to be higher in the draft. 

In that case, 

Our 1st 2019 Top 5

for 

Mike Evans

2nd Round 2019

2nd Round 2020

We get Darnold a number 1 WR and if we get Bell, our O would look much better. Just need to fix the line. 

The Bucs will have two top 10 picks to get their QB and another impact player. 

Why would Mike Evans become available?

3 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

If he becomes available, the only way it makes sense is if they want a QB and want to be higher in the draft. 

In that case, 

Our 1st 2019 Top 5

for 

Mike Evans

2nd Round 2019

2nd Round 2020

We get Darnold a number 1 WR and if we get Bell, our O would look much better. Just need to fix the line. 

No way would I do that.  They would have to include their 1st as well.  We'd have no first rounder if we made that trade.  

27 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

No way would I do that.  They would have to include their 1st as well.  We'd have no first rounder if we made that trade.  

The trade ultimate is a player like Josh Allen Edge and salary cap since you don’t carry Evans contract  for Mike Evans and two second rounders. I would do that. You have to give up something for a top WR. 

57 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

In that case, 

Our 1st 2019 Top 5

for 

Mike Evans

2nd Round 2019

2nd Round 2020

I mentioned it becuase I saw an article suggesting if TB fires both GM and HC, they could possibly look to unload his 20mil cap hit. Similar to what happened with the Revis situation, he would need to be traded though, becuase of guaranteed money, and he would definitely be worth significant assets. 

Just now, SDotNova said:

The trade ultimate is a player like Josh Allen Edge and salary cap since you don’t carry Evans contract  for Mike Evans and two second rounders. I would do that. You have to give up something for a top WR. 

We traded a top 6 first and (3) 2nd's to move up 3 spots.  TB would be moving up like 7 spots give or take into the top 3 for a QB.  Evans has mid 1st round value probably and one 2nd and a future 2nd isn't really a great haul.  That package is light if they were even interested in doing it which I doubt anyway.

Archived