Around The League

Bobby816

See unless Herbert comes out which by every indication it looks unlikely, I don’t think we’d get the type of package a lot of us think we would get. Yes we payed a ton to move up 3 spots but that was in a historic QB class where as this year the clear cut guy doesn’t appear like he’s going to come out and on top of it the QB class looks pretty weak.

4 hours ago, Dr.O said:

See unless Herbert comes out which by every indication it looks unlikely, I don’t think we’d get the type of package a lot of us think we would get. Yes we payed a ton to move up 3 spots but that was in a historic QB class where as this year the clear cut guy doesn’t appear like he’s going to come out and on top of it the QB class looks pretty weak.

In some respects I don’t want him to come out. If there’s only one QB, chances are more bidding for our pick.

4 hours ago, famousj said:

My Christmas day is getting better and better.  The Jets now hold the 3rd pick of the draft with the Oakland Raiders win.   The Jets can even get to the #1 spot in the right scenario.

If Arizona beats Seattle we would likely land #1 regardless if SF won or lost.  Unlikely but you never know.

• 3 weeks later...

This 23 year old kid Patrick Mahomes,  is another Daryle  Lamomica, a MAD BOMBER, except he is a 100% better. He can throw the ball from crazy angles and is very accurate, talk about a QB who has taken advantage of the new passing rules its Mahomes. He has no short game at all, if he has third & three he throws the ball down field ten or 15 yards. NFL teams have not got Mahomes, figured out yet, how to slow him down. 

3 hours ago, doumeyer said:

This 23 year old kid Patrick Mahomes,  is another Daryle  Lamomica, a MAD BOMBER, except he is a 100% better. He can throw the ball from crazy angles and is very accurate, talk about a QB who has taken advantage of the new passing rules its Mahomes. He has no short game at all, if he has third & three he throws the ball down field ten or 15 yards. NFL teams have not got Mahomes, figured out yet, how to slow him down. 

I've never seen a QB look off defenders the way he does. He's literally out there throwing no-look passes. You need a tough/fast front 7 to even challenge him. 

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

I've never seen a QB look off defenders the way he does. He's literally out there throwing no-look passes. You need a tough/fast front 7 to even challenge him. 

I think you are right Rick, I don't know what else you can do.

25 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

For those still not on the train thinking offense should be really our only concern in the draft, FA and trades.......

The final 4 teams are the 4 best offenses in the NFL. Coincidence? I think not.

Defensively I think most are asking for an EDGE Rush. 

I think we all want to build up the offense but we still have to allocate our resources properly. 

To go further into your point however. How many first round picks(non QB) have the final 4 teams used on skill players. 

KC- 0

Saints- Ingram

Patriots- Michel

Rams- Gurley

We’re loaded with ammo to build up, let’s hope we get the right guys on both sides of the ball not just one.

7 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Defensively I think most are asking for an EDGE Rush. 

I think we all want to build up the offense but we still have to allocate our resources properly. 

To go further into your point however. How many first round picks(non QB) have the final 4 teams used on skill players. 

KC- 0

Saints- Ingram

Patriots- Michel

Rams- Gurley

We’re loaded with ammo to build up, let’s hope we get the right guys on both sides of the ball not just one.

Well I never said that you cant get talent on offense outside Round 1. To play off what you said though... you can get an edge outside of Round 1 as well. Macc has shown 0 ability to get offensive skill period (never mind outside of Round 1). Herndon is too early to tell and Robby was a good pickup as a UDFA, but hardly this great player (he's a good player for an UDFA).

Grab an OL if we don't think the value is there at WR. I'm perfectly OK with that. At least its something on offense. Ive seen us WAY TOO MANY TIMES, go defense Round 1 and then feel the need to draft offense in mid rounds bc we've neglected offense for so long Round 1 and then none of these mid round guys are any good (I can name all of them off for you if you want).

My main point is that offense wins and it shows with these final 4 teams. We need offense.

46 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Well I never said that you cant get talent on offense outside Round 1. To play off what you said though... you can get an edge outside of Round 1 as well. Macc has shown 0 ability to get offensive skill period (never mind outside of Round 1). Herndon is too early to tell and Robby was a good pickup as a UDFA, but hardly this great player (he's a good player for an UDFA).

Grab an OL if we don't think the value is there at WR. I'm perfectly OK with that. At least its something on offense. Ive seen us WAY TOO MANY TIMES, go defense Round 1 and then feel the need to draft offense in mid rounds bc we've neglected offense for so long Round 1 and then none of these mid round guys are any good (I can name all of them off for you if you want).

My main point is that offense wins and it shows with these final 4 teams. We need offense.

That's a bad mentality. We were a 4 win team who has issues on both sides.

We could run the ball

Barely could pass

Couldn't get home with our pass rush

Couldn't cover for long periods.

Offense is a lot about scheme, these 4 teams all have great schemes as well as good skill players. We all want to grab them and build up the O but we still need to have the ability to get stops when the game is on the line. I dont want to have to score 30+ to wins games.

29 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

That's a bad mentality. We were a 4 win team who has issues on both sides.

We could run the ball

Barely could pass

Couldn't get home with our pass rush

Couldn't cover for long periods.

Offense is a lot about scheme, these 4 teams all have great schemes as well as good skill players. We all want to grab them and build up the O but we still need to have the ability to get stops when the game is on the line. I dont want to have to score 30+ to wins games.

Now that we have a QB we need to take the player that by all accounts can't miss if we stay at 3.  I liken this to what the Giants did last year at 2 with Barkley.  Whether Offense or Defense whoever it is at 3 CANNOT be a swing and miss.  So to me that means no projects no speculation.  Question is who is that ... for me, today, its Josh Allen.  As long as we take that can't miss guy then it does not matter whether O or D as we got a stud or "dawg" like Admas says.

Archived