Around The League

Bobby816

5 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

I really can't stand the Pats and their fans trying to sell this underdog story. That nobody believed in them. Horse doo doo.

To be honest a lot of people didn’t think they’d make the Owl let alone win it. 

I mean we did because we know better. 

39 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Last night proved to me that offense will get you there, but defense still wins championships. 

That was the first defensive Super Bowl in like 10 years, and trust me I am way more defensive minded myself. Last nights game proved execution wins. That was awful football from an execution standpoint.

2 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Last night proved to me that offense will get you there, but defense still wins championships. 

Neither team has a great defense. They both just played well last night. You say in your comment that you can’t get to the SB unless you have an offense.... so that alone shows the truth. Meaning just a good defense gets you no where. Which appears how some want to build this team (adding a couple OLIneman isn’t fixing this offense). Offense is still supreme. And if anything I would say it’s even more of a thing now. Bc with the backlash from how everyone hated this SB, I expect even more rules to cater to the offense.

10 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Neither team has a great defense. They both just played well last night. You say in your comment that you can’t get to the SB unless you have an offense.... so that alone shows the truth. Meaning just a good defense gets you no where. Which appears how some want to build this team (adding a couple OLIneman isn’t fixing this offense). Offense is still supreme. And if anything I would say it’s even more of a thing now. Bc with the backlash from how everyone hated this SB, I expect even more rules to cater to the offense.

No question. all the new rules over the last 18 years has favored the offensive. TV has pushed for more offensive. they loved last years SB where there was over a 1000 yards in total offensive. The only ones who hated this years SB were people who watch very little football during the regular season, and can't wait to see the half time show which sucked,  and want to be part of the fan fair. Right now the only coach that can shut down a offensive in all of pro football is Bill Belichick, but he can't do it all the time.  like last years SB. Look how far Kansas City went this year with a bad defensive and great offensive.

2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

No question. all the new rules over the last 18 years has favored the offensive. TV has pushed for more offensive. they loved last years SB where there was over a 1000 yards in total offensive. The only ones who hated this years SB were people who watch very little football during the regular season, and can't wait to see the half time show which sucked,  and want to be part of the fan fair. Right now the only coach that can shut down a offensive in all of pro football is Bill Belichick, but he can't do it all the time.  like last years SB. Look how far Kansas City went this year with a bad defensive and great offensive.

I LOVE defense...this was just awful football. That wasn’t brilliant defense. Just very little execution. It was an unwatchable football game. It was like Jets Cardinals with Greg McElroy at QB, but honestly if that was my team winning I woulda care, but as an objective fan just trying to win some money in pools and watch an interesting game, it was just a really bad game.

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

On another topic Antonio Brown involved I a domestic dispute and I hope when the details comes out that alone crosses him off Macs list and we can stop that talk. 

It happened last month?  Considering Jets and media world, I am sure Maccagnan already crossed him off long time ago without acknowledging us.

4 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I think that’s starting to get really old. 

Their DB is aging and they played well last Sunday so being old is irrelevant. heh.

Anyway, how Patriots kept jamming up Rams in the entire game amazed me. Especially that McCourty went off the position to defend the potential TD in the end zone.

Archived