Bojack Horseman

pwny

Gonna be honest, this series has gone downhill Since S3 E4.  I went from enjoying the humor to getting tired of being beat over the head with it every show.  Let me know if there's any redeeming qualities of this season, because I'd love to see this show recapture what made it great in the first place

• Like 1

3 hours ago, footbull3196 said:

Gonna be honest, this series has gone downhill Since S3 E4.  I went from enjoying the humor to getting tired of being beat over the head with it every show.  Let me know if there's any redeeming qualities of this season, because I'd love to see this show recapture what made it great in the first place

the first 2 seasons were killer. i didn't even finish the 4th season. 

On 9/11/2018 at 10:09 PM, footbull3196 said:

Same with me.  It felt like the script just rambled on and on and on about nothing

If your interested, I would at least give the final two episodes of season four a chance.  They explain a lot and progress the story in a big way.  "Time's Arrow" (the penultimate episode) was just great writing.

IMO I'd rank the seasons S3 ("That's Too Much Man!"), S4 ("Stupid Piece of "), S2, S1.  The last two seasons had the most emotional impact for me.

Finally finished today.  This was another great, well-written season.  At times it felt like Bojack's story got stretched out longer than it should have, but it made a lot of sense.  The end of Season 4 allowed Bojack to be more self-aware about his problems, more-so than any other season.  Next season should be great with all the developments that happened in the finale.  This season answered some questions about Mr. Peanutbutter as well.  He's always been an interesting character when you compare him to Bojack.

My favorite episodes were the Diane goes to Vietnam, Carolyn goes to North Carolina, Halloween Party, and the penultimate episodes.  And of course Free Churro.  Arnett was outstanding.

On 9/14/2018 at 10:46 PM, Bobikus said:

Last few minutes of ep 6 hit home really hard and is probably the most emotionally torn up I've been by a TV show.

This episode hit me way too hard. The whole monologue hit close to home for me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2018 at 8:35 PM, pwny said:

This episode hit me way too hard. The whole monologue hit close to home for me.

I just watched that episode. I completely expected it to end with him just speaking to an empty room, I don't think anyone would have gone to Beatrice's anyway. On the other hand, I love jokes where it takes a long time to build to a small, simple punchline. Literally using the whole episode to do that made me laugh out loud, and then feel bad for laughing at a sad episode. 

It's really impressive that such a compelling episode could come out of just one character talking to the audience the whole duration.

• Like 1