Official Sunshine Thread 2018

Apollo Stallion

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Duane Brown is currently pffs 13th ranked Tackle. Would we have a Super Bowl Ceiling if we had just kept him?

I don't know if the issue is resolved with JUST a T. Yes, a LT is a major neey, but our IOL is pretty bad as well - both G spots really give up the pocket quickly (they've been better as of late, but still less than stellar).

I'd love to get an LT, but realistically - best OL available is the target, because all spots need to improve.

we are gonna have so much cap space this summer. Even after giving Clowney, HoneyBadger and Jackson new deals, we will still have 50 million(assuming we cut DT and Kevin Johnson)

Hopefully we sign Covington and Blackson to deals as well. 

So much money and there arent really any CBs or Tackles that are worth any of it. 

Theres Bryce Callahan, but i really doubt the bears let him go

At this point Kareem Jackson is going to get top dollar. 

It worries me because Rookies are rarely difference makers at CB, though there are some this year that have been. 

We wont be picking high enough for Greedy Williams, Greg Little, Jonah Williams, Cody Ford, or Deandre Baker'

Maybe we take a Jawwan Taylor, but im not convinced. 

We are probably going to be forced to either move out of round 1, or take a position like OLB in order to release Mercilus or if we dont resign CLowney. There will be some good ones sitting there at the end of round 1. 

The colts have the Jets 2nd round pick. Maybe we could make a trade with them to let them back into round 1, we get the Jets pick and a 3rd rounder. 

On 12/10/2018 at 7:25 AM, Pastor Dillon said:

The Pittsburgh loss was big for us. We will get a win against the Jets, at least I hope we can beat the lowly Jets who have every reason to lose and we have every reason to win. 

that puts us at 10 games, which means the Steelers would have to win out in order to have any chance at the 3 seed. They play the Patriots and the Saints the next two weeks. No way they win both of those. So we are looking at the Steelers going either 9-5-1 or possibly 8-7-1, which probably misses the playoffs....which we dont want. We want the Ravens in round 1 in the 3/6 match up. 

here is where it gets tricky inside our division. The colts and Titans play each other, so they cant both go 10-6, but either team would own the tie breaker over us if we finish 10-6, unless our 10th win comes against the Jags in week 17. The winner of that Colts vs Titans game, will be 4-2 in the division. I believe the Colts would have us beat in common games. we would be 8-6 in the 14 common games and they would be 9-5

All this can go away as we can clinch the division with a win Saturday and a Colts loss to the Cowboys and a Titans loss to the Giants. 

Another thing to watch for is the Eagles vs the Rams. If the Rams win that game, and the Cowboys beat the Colts, The eagles are eliminated from the division, and all but eliminated from the playoffs, which makes our game against them a little easier. I didnt want to play an Eagles team with a lot to play for. 

Amazingly the Giants, who beat us, are playing much better football as of late, and are playing both the Titans and the Colts in the next two weeks and can help us clinch our division. 

Assuming things stay the same.  Would you rather us play the ravens or have a bye?

Edit - the 3rd  seed is very likely and the 2nd seed is possible.  the 4th seed is unlikely.  I think I would rather get the bye.

13 minutes ago, SlammedC10 said:

Assuming things stay the same.  Would you rather us play the ravens or have a bye?

Edit - the 3rd  seed is very likely and the 2nd seed is possible.  the 4th seed is unlikely.  I think I would rather get the bye.

Id rather be the 3 seed and play the Ravens. I think we can beat them. I have no faith in us beating the Patriots even at home in a 2/3 match up. Id rather our guys get a taste of a playoff victory than earn a bye and get bounced first game. 

Having said that, there is no guarantee that we would beat the Ravens, and I don't want to lose anymore games this year, so i would gladly take the 2 seed, and maybe we get lucky and someone knocks off the Patriots. 

i know for sure that I dont want the 4 seed. 

3 hours ago, amazingandre said:

I hate OB as OC on this team, but damn it feels good to be the 2 seed with 2 games left. 

I don't like our chances against any AFC playoff team, so a bye might not be worth much... But it'll still be cool to wait to see who we play.

Something important to note, We are going to be playing starters against Jacksonville, because in almost every realistic outcome from this week, we are going to have something to play for in week 17. The only exception would be for us to win and the Patriots to lose to the bills, which would give us the 2 seed locked up, but still would possibly leave open a chance for the 1 seed in week 17. 

but lets be realistic, the Patriots are not losing to the Bills or Jets to close the season, So we are going to have to go 12-4 to get a bye. I honestly dont know who would win a 12-4 tie between us and the Chiefs. 

But we can clinch the 3 seed with a win on Sunday or a Titans and Colts loss. 

I believe we will clinch a playoff spot on Saturday if the Ravens lose to the Chargers. If my math is correct that would knock the Ravens and either Colts/Titans from being able to win 10 games, which means we are one of the 6, 10 win teams regardless of what happens the rest of the way. 

In fact, I cant seem to find any way we miss the playoffs on espn's playoff machine thingy. But It also seems to point out that we lose tiebreakers with both the titans and the colts. 

Eagles are fighting for their lives this sunday. They can get in the playoffs with two wins, and 1 loss by the vikings, who play the bears week 17. Or two losses by Seattle who play Chiefs and cardinals. 

Either way, we better be ready because we are getting their best shot. 

Our new GM has a very split record at the moment. 

I give him an A+ for his drafting in year 1. They guy had no 1st or 2nd round picks and got us two TEs that are gonna play for us for a while. He also found a starting saftey for the long term future. He also looks to have solved our slot WR problem, should the guy ever manage to get healthy. I like what he was able to do in the draft, he gets great grades

Free Agency, I give him an F-. Colvin, Fulton and Kelemete have all been terrible. They all rank near the bottom of PFFs ranking at their positions. 

Trade Market I would give him a B. He did manage to go get a proven WR when Fuller got hurt. 

Its hard to pin all this on him, when we know that coaching is a major issue, especially on the offensive line, but we need him to be better in FA. 

26 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Free Agency, I give him an F-. Colvin, Fulton and Kelemete have all been terrible. They all rank near the bottom of PFFs ranking at their positions.

Its hard to pin all this on him, when we know that coaching is a major issue, especially on the offensive line, but we need him to be better in FA. 

Honestly? I think this wasn't a good FA class. Pretty much every FA has busted - Norwell tanked in Jax, Solder is below average in NY, Trumaine Johnson is a disaster with the Jets, Malcolm Butler is a disaster in TN...

I actually move the grade to a D; While these guys are horrible, at least he didn't break the bank for the top tier guys (who are just as bad).

Archived