Allen to Start Week 2 GDT

soflbillsfan

I know its way to early as we just experienced the worst performance in my lifetime and that is saying a lot coming off a 18 year playoff drought but I thought we could discuss the many questions that need to be answered:

Will Allen get the start this week after the putrid start Peterman did?

Does Beane/McDermott do anything about this oline?

Will Joey Bosa be able to play week 2?

Who will play CB #2 and will Vontae Davis actually dress to play?

To me these are all questions I think deserve answers at some point leading up to the week 2 game. I also jumped the gun early this past offseason by buying tickets to go to Buffalo for the home opener which I have yet to experience and now I am not really looking forward to it after this disgusting performance. Hopefully they prove me wrong this week.

Anything else you think we deserve answers to?

Special mention: This is an early game plus the Chargers have to come all the way from the west coast. I know they will arrive before game day, but that 3 hour transition is still a tough one to adjust to, especially when it's the early game. There is no way I am going to say that we have the better team, but that time zone issue just might be enough to put them in a funk...leading to the only way I think we might beat them. (And for those Charger fans who might view this, I think it is a total crock for any west coast team to be scheduled for an east coast early game, but I don't make the schedules.)

7 minutes ago, Yibbyl said:

Special mention: This is an early game plus the Chargers have to come all the way from the west coast. I know they will arrive before game day, but that 3 hour transition is still a tough one to adjust to, especially when it's the early game. There is no way I am going to say that we have the better team, but that time zone issue just might be enough to put them in a funk...leading to the only way I think we might beat them. (And for those Charger fans who might view this, I think it is a total crock for any west coast team to be scheduled for an east coast early game, but I don't make the schedules.)

I'm going to need to wait until at least Thursday before I can even begin to imagine anyway that we could possibly win any game this season haha.

56 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Peterman was trash, objectively trash. But Josh Allen was 6/15 yesterday against a defense as soft as he is ever going to face in the NFL. He's not ready, this is going to be a bloodbath and we're going to ruin this kid. He isn't ready.

He also has a touchdown and a 30 yard completion dropped. Hes miles ahead of Peterman, I dont think the Bills have much of a choice. That's completely on McDermott and Beane but we absolutely cannot start Peterman again, we have to at least make an effort to win the game. 

58 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Peterman was trash, objectively trash. But Josh Allen was 6/15 yesterday against a defense as soft as he is ever going to face in the NFL. He's not ready, this is going to be a bloodbath and we're going to ruin this kid. He isn't ready.

You cant roll with Peterman he is just lost out there holding on to the ball to long even when the oline had a good stance he ended up getting sacked or throwing an Interception. Allen may not be ready but Peterman needs to be on a practice squad not starting. To me the smartest move is to sign a guy like Derek Anderson or Matt Moore, let Allen play for the next 2-3 weeks and once they have the playbook in hands dump Peterman. Let those guys mentor him a bit and help him out on things. Peterman cant do that because his experience is minimal. McDermott and Beane seemed to have put their eggs in one basket thinking Peterman was going to be it. Even keeping Aj would have been a mistake. They should have brought in an experienced veteran who actually played an entire season and more then to have Aj and Peterman be the only options to compete against Allen. I hate to say it but the Jets having McCown was the smart move to have him and Darnold because if darnold wasnt ready to go McCown would be capable to start. Beane and/or McDermott are pushing the young players to play right away rather then getting some veteran experience in there. I realized that yesterday when they gave Vontae  a healthy scratch to start Phillip Gaines. Its one thing to let Gaines start but its another to not even allow davis to dress and go in if Gaines was struggling. Instead they let Pitts dress which is even worse then Gaines. Ilike the GM and coaching staff and cant really complain but the moves they make sometimes are just complete head scratchers. It makes me wonder if they are in over their heads and not ready to run an organization. 

Did Trent Murphy even play yesterday? Dimarco a captain for this team and a capable blocker was in less than 5% of the snaps, you would think with a struggling running game and pass protection he would be in there to help the QB and RB out but he was on the sideline. More and more I repeat watching some of the game the more I realize this team had 8 months to prepare for this game and it looks like they waited until friday to set up a game plan. 

2 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

McDermott is as stubborn as they come. He and Beane will keep preaching the process and long term plan in the mean time getting shalacked every week on route to a 3-13 season. he runs the risk of losing the locker room with this plan in place. 

Its hard to disagree. Theyve made some decisions that were baffling at the time and appear to really hurt this team. I dont know how anyone can feel confident about any game going forward this season. As bad as Peterman was yesterday, Beane and McDermott deserve every bit as criticism. 

I dont mind having a bad year at all, I was pretty prepared for it last season and yet again this year but that kind of complete failure in all three phases, from the coaching staff and from a personnel standpoint is damning. That makes three loses where we've been blown out and didnt compete at any point in the game, that's the kind of thing you cant just over look.

I've never been sold on this coaching staff, even last year even in games we won there was a ton of bad management and bad process. We made it to the playoffs because the AFC was/is putrid and we got lucky early in the season which allowed us to suck for most of the rest of the year. But I've never bought into the process that McD and Beane have been party too so far. Beane has made some good moves but he's also made some real real stinkers. They're stubborn, inflexible, don't adjust to situations regarding the team well and have never seemed to have a legitimate answer whenever we play a team that has a pulse.

10 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I've never been sold on this coaching staff, even last year even in games we won there was a ton of bad management and bad process. We made it to the playoffs because the AFC was/is putrid and we got lucky early in the season which allowed us to suck for most of the rest of the year. But I've never bought into the process that McD and Beane have been party too so far. Beane has made some good moves but he's also made some real real stinkers. They're stubborn, inflexible, don't adjust to situations regarding the team well and have never seemed to have a legitimate answer whenever we play a team that has a pulse.

We're definitely in the situation we're in because of the moves they've made. Getting rid of McCarron was the latest in a string of puzzling moves. Mostly completely ignoring the offensive line is the most egregious of them. I dont mind having a rough season but if we are as uncompetitive as yesterday this staff needs to answer some questions. I'm not calling for anyone's head but this offseason has been pretty atrocious outside of getting drafting a potential franchise QB and a promising LB.

Archived