Allen to Start Week 2 GDT

soflbillsfan

Just now, LeeEvans said:

We're definitely in the situation we're in because of the moves they've made. Getting rid of McCarron was the latest in a string of puzzling moves. Mostly completely ignoring the offensive line is the most egregious of them. I dont mind having a rough season but if we are as uncompetitive as yesterday this staff needs to answer some questions. I'm not calling for anyone's head but this offseason has been pretty atrocious outside of getting drafting a potential franchise QB and a promising LB.

The minute Richie went off the deep end not addressing the offensive line was absolutely inexcusable. You're telling me you had how many months to evaluate these players and still decided that they were good enough? Glenn being traded for a first and Woods retiring because of injury is one thing you can't avoid that, but when you lose three key pieces and do nothing that's a huge red flag.

Trading AJ that's fine, he wasn't going to be here anyway. But you have somebody else in the room to learn the offense that week. You bring a vet in to do something, to give you something. Rolling with two completely unproven and inexperienced QB's and hoping everything would work out okay is just so short sighted because it didn't work the last time this franchise tried to do it.

17 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

The minute Richie went off the deep end not addressing the offensive line was absolutely inexcusable. You're telling me you had how many months to evaluate these players and still decided that they were good enough? Glenn being traded for a first and Woods retiring because of injury is one thing you can't avoid that, but when you lose three key pieces and do nothing that's a huge red flag.

Trading AJ that's fine, he wasn't going to be here anyway. But you have somebody else in the room to learn the offense that week. You bring a vet in to do something, to give you something. Rolling with two completely unproven and inexperienced QB's and hoping everything would work out okay is just so short sighted because it didn't work the last time this franchise tried to do it.

Agreed on pretty much all of it. The line wasn't great last year, at least on the right side, and it got worse when Woods and Incognito left and anyone could see it needed major work. The fact they drafted a franchise QB with nothing to protect him is insane. 

I thought McCarron should have been kept to at least ensure that Allen doesn't have to start until Week 5. Having just Peterman and Allen was crazy. Agreed that a more experienced QB would have been preferable for Allen. 

I know we had more holes to fill than we had resources but my god it seems like we did a poor job in choosing which holes to plug. 

The one thing that is frustrating me is teams are already bringing in players for workouts and have yet to hear anything on the bills. If i was beane I would have been calling agents at half time asking if they have availability for a tryout monday morning in Buffalo. I know nothing big can happen this year essentially the moves are done and it is what it is but atleast bring in a guy or two to challenge some of these positions. Newhouse was in the game early on one play to add an extra lineman to a run play and what happens he gets called for holding. This is an expendable player. If Groy is your guy then bodine is expendable bring in someone to challenge groy. Why is Teller sitting out as a healthy scratch and not in uniform. Ducasse is not a stud he should be getting benched and Teller get in there to gain experience and see what he can do. I just have a feeling the only change this week will be Vontae starting instead of Gaines and Bodine filling in for Groy. Peterman will end up starting again and that is all that will be done. Like people are saying McDermott is stubborn to a fault and this is bad for the bills organization. Star only recieving 40% of snaps meanwhile Kyle is receiving 60% and Washington is getting 40%? Im sorry but if you are paying Star and Kyle Williams to start then play those guys 80% of the time with Harrison Phillips and Washington rotating in when they are gassed. This to me is ridiculous. Not to repeat myself but oline sucks why wouldnt you throw the extra blocker in there to protect Peterman/Allen and Shady with Dimarco you are paying him top FB money why wouldnt you use him more then 5% of snaps. 

McDermott at his 4 oclock presser said he is noncomittal at QB and needs further time to review the tape to dot the i's and cross the t's....this just sounds like he is going to stick with Peterman and doesnt want to announce to the world cause he knows people will give him crap about a terrible decision. 

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

McDermott at his 4 oclock presser said he is noncomittal at QB and needs further time to review the tape to dot the i's and cross the t's....this just sounds like he is going to stick with Peterman and doesnt want to announce to the world cause he knows people will give him crap about a terrible decision. 

I just don't understand how he could possibly do that. Hell even saying "he needs to review the tape" is insulting. If Peterman was starting in week two I genuinely think in would skip the game. 

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

So in a probability he's gonna make a bad situation worse. What happens when we get pasted again in the 1st half?

1 minute ago, BillsGuy82 said:

So in a probability he's gonna make a bad situation worse. What happens when we get pasted again in the 1st half?

We're at the point of no return with Peterman. The fans and the players simply will not take Peterman starting another game.

3 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

The one thing that is frustrating me is teams are already bringing in players for workouts and have yet to hear anything on the bills. If i was beane I would have been calling agents at half time asking if they have availability for a tryout monday morning in Buffalo.

They brought guys in last week. Likely are tomorrow as Tuesday is the usual tryout day. We don't offer hear about them because one thing they can do right is keep the media guessing. 

Regardless, IMO anyone they bring in is a band-aid on a gun shot wound and won't fix anything except maybe appease the fan base. I don't cheer for losing seasons but knowing the Titans, Dolphins and maybe the Jets are our only likely chances to win this season, I hope we get the first overall pick and either sell it for a ransom and move down a few spots or take Bosa and have a freak for a DE for the next 15 years.

3 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

I think he just doesn't want to talk bad about a player to the media and wants to let it die down a bit. The embedded show the Bills aired showed that McDermott is much more critical of his players behind closed doors than he is in public. And I don't blame him for that.... I think Allen starts mostly because in post game press conference when asked about Peterman... He said he has to watch the tape but when asked about Allen he said he did good things. The fact that he can come to a decision on one player without seeing the tape and not with the other says he just doesn't want to say bad things about any of his players to media

Archived