Allen to Start Week 2 GDT

soflbillsfan

3 hours ago, NickChowaniec said:

Let's all pool our money. Lines have us at +7 points LOL. 

I'm expecting another blowout. In fact, at what point do we not see one? Tennessee maybe? 

Tennessee if Gabbert is playing. Honestly even if he isn't Mariota is not that good. Could be a win.

I would still expect the Bills to win one of home to the Jets and Dolphins. Especially if Allen is playing.

5 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Tennessee if Gabbert is playing. Honestly even if he isn't Mariota is not that good. Could be a win.

I would still expect the Bills to win one of home to the Jets and Dolphins. Especially if Allen is playing.

Tennessee, Houston, Indy are winnable games I am not saying bills will win I am just saying those 3 teams aren't that great. Even with a healthy Watson he looked lost out there at times. Luck struggled and looked like he was shot put'ing the ball more then throwing it. I dont think that arm is fully healed to where he is able to throw the ball normally. 

The jets looked good but the lions also looked real bad too so I am not sure about them. I think Bills will be able to split with Jets and Dolphins. Like I said Lions weren't good so if they play like that I can see that as a winnable game as well. The rest the bills will likely lose. so at best 6-10. I was hoping for 7-9 wins this year but im starting to think it wont be like that.

Also this guessing comes down to Allen starting not peterman. If he plays those games good chance they win 3-4 at most

I really do kinda hope that Peterman is the starter at least for just this last week. He's horrendous, but you have to give Allen as long as possible and it's clear as day that they aren't going to sign anybody else which is just insanity to me but this FO just brings up more and more flags by the day that they may be in over their heads.

1 minute ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Please don't ruin him please god don't ruin him I can't take yet another 4+ years of absolutely meaningless football.

I have trouble with the reasoning of ruining a player. If you are good and meant to be a franchise qb then you would be able to overcome things. Only way someone gets ruined is because of a serious injury like Luck. Guys like Ej Manuel who started right away were ruined is because they were never meant to be franchise qbs and were busts. Josh Allen maybe scrutinized by being raw and not ready to go before the draft but he was always talked about being a top 10 pick and some had him as high as #1 to the browns. Ej was always considered a 2nd round or later pick and the draft was so weak, with whaley being desperate they reached for him at 16. The good thing is if Allen isnt the guy they technically dont have to wait 4 years as they didnt give up future picks to get him. So they can always draft one in the next couple of years if need be. Hopefully Beane and scouts did it right and Allen becomes the next Jim Kelly to this organization and do not have to worry about the next 10-15 years of drafting at this position

I thought this article has great insight on how the bills offense could have been a ton better with a capable qb. The oline may have challenges but this to me proves how Peterman was way over his head. I think the bills can actually be more competitive then they were in week 1 with Allen at QB. As peterman doesnt have the quick vision to see his options.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2018/9/12/17849242/all-22-analysis-buffalo-bills-wide-receivers-baltimore-ravens-kelvin-benjamin-nathan-peterman

19 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Please don't ruin him please god don't ruin him I can't take yet another 4+ years of absolutely meaningless football.

I find this statement to be completely false. I don't think you can ruin a QB. In fact I think playing on a crappy team can make him better in the long haul unless they give up on him too early. Think if he plays with a bad OLine and bad receivers... When we correct them in the off-season it means that next season will come easy for him. I think playing experience is more valuable than just watching and learning. Nothing can prepare you for the real thing.

And If we had to draft a QB for this team I'm glad it's Allen cause he is used to playing on bad teams. You could tell during preseason he is used to having to be a one man show. Even if his stats aren't the best you can tell he was the best player on offensive side of the ball and had to do things himself.

Archived