Playoff Watch

Kiwibrown

12 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Unlike last year though Crowell is actually running hard tonight. It also didn’t help that our offensive wizard wanted to live by airing it out all day with a rookie QB.

and insulting the Crow as well. 

apparently we all could of hit the 59 yarder vs Bal. 

Week two is essentially going to make or break Tyrod's tenure with the Browns. You're going up against a Saints team who enabled a washed up QB to re-earn the world's corniest nickname, "Fitzmagic" (I feel like there needs to be a sparkles/glitter effect everytime I type this), and rack up absurd numbers, all in the comfort of a dome.

Weather will not be an excuse. Undoubtedly, as Marshon Lattimore said, this was a wakeup call for the Saints. Best believe they're gonna come out angry and motivated, they can't fall to 0-2 against the Browns.

Tough Sh**, Tyrod, nobody is going to buy that whole "this was a different Saints team from Week 1" BS. TT NEEDS to show drastic improvement in this game, otherwise the noise may cause this team to implode.

Brees is gonna put major points on the board, I wouldn't guess 40, but this is arguably the most consistently precise QB in football right now. The Browns absolutely must keep up with them at the very least.

If they get blown out, or TT has another 15/40 game, which I'm confident he wont, but if it's anywhere near that, all bets are off for week three against Sammy D.

13 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

@MistaBohmbastic raise the most pertinent question of the week, how many point will we need to score to beat the saints? 

I think we will have to score over 30 to win. 

Our defense is better than theirs and our recievers are better suited to the dome. 

I'd agree. I think if you can hold the Saints to 4 TD's, that's a win. Kamara is gonna run laps around us and we don't have 4 Denzel Wards as DB's. BBC was burned on numerous occasions but Ben didn't capitalize. Hoping the weather factored into Calhoun's poor performance but it definitely was minimal impact at most. Not to mention, Ogbah is out, the new d-linemen are gonna have to step up.

But most importantly, the offense needs to keep up. On Sunday, the defense bailed the offense out and set them up for success more times than I could have ever imagined. I'll tell you right now, the Saints are not turning the ball over six times, so you gotta move it down the field on your own. It's absolutely imperative for Tyrod and Hue.

3 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

I have a feeling this week is a blood bath akin to what Bombastic has hinted at.

I'm going to say 36-20. Tyrod goes 17/32, 185 passing, 77 on the ground, 1/1 TD/INT.

Week 3 Baker ?.

If we’re keeping Tyrod on such a short leash and starting Baker by week 3, this whole summer has been a waste preparing Taylor.

I can’t see Hue making the move to Baker until after Halloween tbh.

8 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Unlike last year though Crowell is actually running hard tonight. It also didn’t help that our offensive wizard wanted to live by airing it out all day with a rookie QB.

I’ve never had an issue with Crow tbh, he would always get what his OL gave him and maybe a bit more.

8 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

and insulting the Crow as well. 

apparently we all could of hit the 59 yarder vs Bal. 

Right lol?

4 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

I have a feeling this week is a blood bath akin to what Bombastic has hinted at.

I'm going to say 36-20. Tyrod goes 17/32, 185 passing, 77 on the ground, 1/1 TD/INT.

Week 3 Baker ?.

they wont go week 3 baker, its a short week (thursday game).  if anything it will be week 4 or bye or when hue gets fired for sucking so bad

14 minutes ago, mistakey said:

they wont go week 3 baker, its a short week (thursday game).  if anything it will be week 4 or bye or when hue gets fired for sucking so bad

Same thought as Baker, but if 0-2-1 gets Hue the axe, he should have never been retained (obviously plenty of us thought he shouldn’t have been retained, I’m speaking from managements view).

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'm 100% on board with putting Baker in whenever, assuming that our OL is ready to block for him and he's relatively ready (no rookie QB ever is truly "ready"). That said, once you put him in, you CANNOT TAKE HIM OUT.

With the preparation they’ve put into TuhRod, making Baker the starter before the bye would be a huge error imo.

If they wanted Baker to play, he should never been starting all summer.

I truly don’t think Hue, or Dorsey, will give Taylor the hook anytime soon.

Archived