Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

13 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

Why do you keep blaming the system, even though the All 22 film shows that Dak is missing multiple wide open players on the field? What else do you expect Linehan to do? Give it to Zeke 40 times a game which plays right into the defense's hands?

Maybe not 40, but is 25 to much to ask? I don't give a rat's *** if the defense knows it's coming. They can't stop Zeke and our OL all 25 times. They know we are going to run on 3rd and 1/ 4th and 1 and we have one of, if not the highest conversion rates in the league.

They couldn't even stop Zeke all 15 times.

I think we have a better shot at beating the Panthers if Zeke got 5 or 10 touches on those final two drives instead of zero.

I don't really blame Scotty for Daks accuracy issues, but he abandons the run like clock work.

And seemingly has no idea how to funnel the offense through Zeke, by creating plays for him, designing plays for him, getting him the ball in the air like Melvin Gordan, Todd Gurley, or Kamara. Nope just straight up, 2 TEs stretch plays, dives, and tosses. Get 10 to 20 of those and let Dak throw 30 times from the pocket. Championship!

3 hours ago, Danger said:

I also do want to say this. Dak Prescott reminds me more of Nelson Agholor in 2016 than any QB. He's just completely had every bit of his confidence broken and it's effecting him in every which way. He has all the abilities from mental to physical, we've seen them in the past, but his mind is clouded with doubt and he's let the pressure completely break him down.

Can't say this isn't true. Confidence can be very fickle for a QB from week to week. I also believe that a very good game and "confidence" can be restored. Problem is you have a piss poor Game adjusting coaching staff and crappy weapons who are also new with Dak and people expect Dak to have rhythm timing with them like he played with them for years like Romo-Witten for example. 

Problem is a lot has been put on the plate with Dak and the team (coaching, player personal) has actually gotten worse. 

And For DaBoys, you know I have been screaming for weapons, weapons, weapons for a few years now. Replacing an aging Witten and getting a real compliment with Dez. Instead we cut Dez. and replaced him with who? Witten is gone and replaced him with who? We lose the QB of our O-line, Fredrick, put in a not so ready LG (though I will give him time) Tyrone Smith was battered all last year. So in seems only logically that Dak will struggle more vs play even better. But instead it's Dak must go! or he sucks! or he can't throw! or he is mediocre at best!

I know some of you are young, but let me remind you how many years Dallas struggled to get a replacement for Troy Aikman. and Even when Romo came along, there were many posters fans screaming for his removal when Romo went through his WTF turnovers (more early in his career of course). Dallas stuck with Romo rather than have the knee-jerk reaction and replace him. Romo went on to be a terrific QB

GIVE DAK SOME MORE HELP, COACHING AND WEAPONS then allow him to grow. Not cut off his balls and/or confidence every opportunity you get. 

20 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Oh and I am all aboard with bring back Dez (cheap contract) sometimes couples split for a while, take time off/away from each other, than realize how much they need each other. Dez might come back more mature and Dallas can actually have at least one reasonable weapon. Still need more of course

That bridge has been burned tbh.

5 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Can't say this isn't true. Confidence can be very fickle for a QB from week to week. I also believe that a very good game and "confidence" can be restored. Problem is you have a piss poor Game adjusting coaching staff and crappy weapons who are also new with Dak and people expect Dak to have rhythm timing with them like he played with them for years like Romo-Witten for example. 

Problem is a lot has been put on the plate with Dak and the team (coaching, player personal) has actually gotten worse. 

And For DaBoys, you know I have been screaming for weapons, weapons, weapons for a few years now. Replacing an aging Witten and getting a real compliment with Dez. Instead we cut Dez. and replaced him with who? Witten is gone and replaced him with who? We lose the QB of our O-line, Fredrick, put in a not so ready LG (though I will give him time) Tyrone Smith was battered all last year. So in seems only logically that Dak will struggle more vs play even better. But instead it's Dak must go! or he sucks! or he can't throw! or he is mediocre at best!

I know some of you are young, but let me remind you how many years Dallas struggled to get a replacement for Troy Aikman. and Even when Romo came along, there were many posters fans screaming for his removal when Romo went through his WTF turnovers (more early in his career of course). Dallas stuck with Romo rather than have the knee-jerk reaction and replace him. Romo went on to be a terrific QB

GIVE DAK SOME MORE HELP, COACHING AND WEAPONS then allow him to grow. Not cut off his balls and/or confidence every opportunity you get. 

New receivers? No chemistry? Worked wonders for Wentz and the Iggles last year.

Also, this is his 3rd year. Aikman in his 3rd year won 11 games and a playoff game. Granted, it wasn't him, he was on IR. But the point is by his 3rd year the team went from 1 and 15, to 7 and 9, to 11 and 5. A clear progression.

11 hours ago, textaz03 said:

This was talked about during game chat on BTB. Linehan is actually in the booth now. First time he has done that with us. He is communicating with Moore who’s on the sidelines and relaying the plays to Dak. 

That makes no damn sense considering there is an earpiece in Dak's helmet.

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 6:40 PM, Rtnldave said:

New receivers? No chemistry? Worked wonders for Wentz and the Iggles last year.

Also, this is his 3rd year. Aikman in his 3rd year won 11 games and a playoff game. Granted, it wasn't him, he was on IR. But the point is by his 3rd year the team went from 1 and 15, to 7 and 9, to 11 and 5. A clear progression.

you mean those same Eagles whose backup QB won a SB MVP, who, a season or 2, was considered not good enough for them and traded away for poor play under a different coaching staff, yet a NEW coach comes in and basically transforms those Eagles in one year to a SB champs with a QB that was once ran out of town??

Perhaps COACHING does make a difference more than anything. Yet we have a coach who has won only 1 playoff game in 10 years? If we keep this current staff, it might not matter what weapons Dallas has, but in the meantime, Dallas needs real weapons, not unproven nobody's. 

It doesn’t matter who is running the routes

it doesn’t matter how much separation or how open they are

in your qb isn’t even close to being accurate in 30% of his throws, drives die

It makes the offense one dimesional

it wears the cowboys defense out as they get no rest

dak has real trouble getting to 200 yards passing and that’s not a lot of yards.

Only way coaches can change this is by changing the qb 

4 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

you mean those same Eagles whose backup QB won a SB MVP, who, a season or 2, was considered not good enough for them and traded away for poor play under a different coaching staff, yet a NEW coach comes in and basically transforms those Eagles in one year to a SB champs with a QB that was once ran out of town??

Perhaps COACHING does make a difference more than anything. Yet we have a coach who has won only 1 playoff game in 10 years? If we keep this current staff, it might not matter what weapons Dallas has, but in the meantime, Dallas needs real weapons, not unproven nobody's. 

You do have a point. But I still think Daks struggles are his own. I mean, his 13 and 3 season was under Garrett.

15 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

Can we get Romo out of retirement. 

It's cringe worthy to think about about the criticism that guy got. Dak seems to get less criticism by comparison, which is pretty much insane. 

I was a Romo hater. I was happy when Dak took over. **** me.

Archived