Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

16 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

I love how Dak fought yesterday and I think he gave the team a chance, but he also had some really terrible misses as well. There were drops, but there was also really terrible ball placement. 

Exactly. Dak played well.

My only knock were some of the misses (Gallup and Cooper come to mind) and not pulling it down to run in situations.

33 minutes ago, 5x10 said:

Game was another example of how to beat the cowboys

shut down the run, the qb can’t beat you with his arm 

I’m not sure how that’s the conclusion you come to from watching that game. Dak’s level of play wasn’t spectacular, but it wasn’t bad either. The defense is obviously the culprit. If you give up close to 300 yards rushing you’re probably losing the football game.

Defense def. was the issue in that game. I keep saying...ROD Defense does not use a TRUE NT. We had our chance to get Johnathan Hankins for cheap! We decided to use an undrafted player Antwaun Woods. He has played descent; however, Hankins would have been an upgrade and can still be if the Raiders choose not to re sign him. And YES we need a run stopper next year with BARKLEY; SPORLES; and AP( maybe ) still in our division. 

Dak was not good yesterday and to say otherwise is blatantly false.  The defense was keying on Zeke all game and Dak rarely took advantage.  And his inaccuracy on fairly simple plays is ridiculously bad.  His decision making was subpar.  The rams dared Dak to beat them and Dak came up way short.  Ironically, Wade Phillips completely outcoached JG.  Wade knew Dak couldn’t beat them and JG did nothing to help out Dak scheme wise.

1 hour ago, atran35 said:

Defense def. was the issue in that game. I keep saying...ROD Defense does not use a TRUE NT. We had our chance to get Johnathan Hankins for cheap! We decided to use an undrafted player Antwaun Woods. He has played descent; however, Hankins would have been an upgrade and can still be if the Raiders choose not to re sign him. And YES we need a run stopper next year with BARKLEY; SPORLES; and AP( maybe ) still in our division. 

A.  I agree with you that having a talented run stopper is a top priority.

B.  It still won’t happen because the organization does not value stopping the run at all.

C.  While, the defense was an issue last night, the truth is that the defense held the Rams to 3 points below their season average.  Certainly not a great showing but there’s a reason the rams are one of the highest scoring teams in the NFL.  This was a game where Dak needed to stop the hell up.  The Rams defense was designed to take Zeke out of the game, they gave Dak time to through and Dak failed to deliver.

43 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

C.  While, the defense was an issue last night, the truth is that the defense held the Rams to 3 points below their season average.  Certainly not a great showing but there’s a reason the rams are one of the highest scoring teams in the NFL.  This was a game where Dak needed to stop the hell up.  The Rams defense was designed to take Zeke out of the game, they gave Dak time to through and Dak failed to deliver.

The defense didn’t hold anything. 

The Rams had fewer total possessions than usual. Throughout the season, they averaged 2.79 points per drive. Last night, it was 3.33... and that includes the kneel down possession at the end of the game. They forced only one punt, ffs.

You can’t diminish the defens’s role in what happened last night. 

18 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

The defense didn’t hold anything. 

The Rams had fewer total possessions than usual. Throughout the season, they averaged 2.79 points per drive. Last night, it was 3.33... and that includes the kneel down possession at the end of the game. They forced only one punt, ffs.

You can’t diminish the defens’s role in what happened last night. 

They held the rams to FGs enough times where the game should have been more competitive.  For example, Dak had a chance to score at the end of the first half but failed.  We got the ball first in the second half and he failed again.  If Dak capitalizes there, we could action have the lead or be within 3 points.  Dak had a chance to tie the game in the 4th quarter and failed when it mattered most.  

The DL sucked. No doubt.

After the failed 2nd down Tavon Austin screen we threw an incomplete pass on 3rd and punted. We then went on four consecutive scoreless drives.

Our offense sucked. Our defense sucked. The game wasn't as close as the score.

On 1/11/2019 at 1:24 PM, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

At the same point in his career, Aaron Rodgers had a whopping record of 0-0. At the end of his 4th year, he was 6-10. Romo was slightly more accomplished than Rodgers at this same point, with a highly impressive 6-4 record. Troy Aikman was 14-24.

Do I think Dak will be in the Hall of Fame one day? No, probably not. But he has immediately won games at a borderline historic level for a player in his first 3 seasons. Sure, he's *not as good as peak Aaron Rodgers*. But give me a break if that's your barometer for measuring a QB in his 3rd NFL season.

Rodgers had Mike McCarthy, who is an excellent QB coach.

Dak, unfortunately, has The Clapper.   :(

Dak has some great attributes, but Jerruh has GOT to get him some coaching!  I'm not sure who your OC is.  Is he any good?

6 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

They held the rams to FGs enough times where the game should have been more competitive.  For example, Dak had a chance to score at the end of the first half but failed.  We got the ball first in the second half and he failed again.  If Dak capitalizes there, we could action have the lead or be within 3 points.  Dak had a chance to tie the game in the 4th quarter and failed when it mattered most.  

Dak certainly played decent. He kept us in the game, but given the protection and for the supposed 25 or 30 million dollar contract he is supposed to get he should have earned that extra 20 when the Rams pretty much dedicated their entire defense to stopping Zeke. And Dak had the opportunities too as well to not only extend drives but also to possibly put us in the endzone more then what he did. That wide open pass to Gallup could have been a walk in for us had he just hit him in stride. There was a chance had Dak played with that so called efficiency that we hear about that it would have came down to the wire or even OT. We might have still lost but it would a been a thriller to the very end.

1 minute ago, The_Slamman said:

If your argument against Dak starts with, basically, that the defense did enough last night... good luck trying to convince everyone else. It’s going nowhere with me. The defense was an abomination. 

Archived