Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

6 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Rodgers had Mike McCarthy, who is an excellent QB coach.

Dak, unfortunately, has The Clapper.   :(

Dak has some great attributes, but Jerruh has GOT to get him some coaching!  I'm not sure who your OC is.  Is he any good?

I don’t get what’s so hard to understand here.

Everyone rips on Dak for having some flaws. Some of the best ones in the game had barely played or had any success at the same point in their careers.

By the end of his 3rd season, Drew Brees had failed the Chargers into the #1 draft pick and was about to get run out of San Diego in favor of Phillip Rivers.

Dak just finished year 3, people. He has work to do, obviously. Will he be a Super Bowl quarterback? I don’t know. But it is not fair to compare him to Hall of Famers at the peak of their careers. Becoming great at this position takes time for many, and his early returns have been a lot better than most.

5 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

If your argument against Dak starts with, basically, that the defense did enough last night... good luck trying to convince everyone else. It’s going nowhere with me. The defense was an abomination. 

It was. But that was when we needed Dak the most to pull us out of it. Coop and Gallup came to play and they were making plays left and right when the ball actually made it to them (where they could catch it). But it was Dak that didn't come through. The defense obviously had a sh1t showing, h/e this defense has been carrying this offense for the vast majority of the year. We kept hearing about since we got Cooper that the offense was a totally different animal and we were finally balanced and a legit passing threat. Except we didn't see that yesterday, and we didn't see Dak step up like he said he would when we needed him to deliver. He is an average QB. We might be able to win a SB with him assuming we actually get some coaches worth a damn on the offense. H/e at this point you can call Dak efficient, you can call him a leader, but the one thing you can't call him is the difference maker.

2 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Everyone rips on Dak for having some flaws. Some of the best ones in the game had barely played or had any success at the same point in their careers.

By the end of his 3rd season, Drew Brees had failed the Chargers into the #1 draft pick and was about to get run out of San Diego in favor of Phillip Rivers.

Dak just finished year 3, people. He has work to do, obviously. Will he be a Super Bowl quarterback? I don’t know. But it is not fair to compare him to Hall of Famers at the peak of their careers. Becoming great at this position takes time for many, and his early returns have been a lot better than most.

Ben, Brady, Troy, all had won SB's at this point.

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

It was. But that was when we needed Dak the most to pull us out of it. Coop and Gallup came to play and they were making plays left and right when the ball actually made it to them (where they could catch it). But it was Dak that didn't come through. The defense obviously had a sh1t showing, h/e this defense has been carrying this offense for the vast majority of the year. We kept hearing about since we got Cooper that the offense was a totally different animal and we were finally balanced and a legit passing threat. Except we didn't see that yesterday, and we didn't see Dak step up like he said he would when we needed him to deliver. He is an average QB. We might be able to win a SB with him assuming we actually get some coaches worth a damn on the offense. H/e at this point you can call Dak efficient, you can call him a leader, but the one thing you can't call him is the difference maker.

... because when I said the defense was terrible last night, what I really meant was “Dak is a difference maker”? 

15 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

If your argument against Dak starts with, basically, that the defense did enough last night... good luck trying to convince everyone else. It’s going nowhere with me. The defense was an abomination. 

My argument against Dak has nothing to do with the defense...  nothing at all.  Compare the resources given to the defenses vs the offense.  The defense is the afterthought of this team.  The defense has 2 first round draft picks, no significant FA pick ups, and not nearly the same money invested on defense as there is on offense.

The offense has 4 first round draft picks (5 if you count Collins), Williams was a second round pick, gallop was a third round pick, Hurns was our biggest FA pick up this offseason.  I’m terms of money, the cowboys have spent far more on offense than the defense.  

So what I’m saying is that the team is built with an offense first mentality.  With all of the resources given to Dak, Dak needed to do way more than what he did.  He had multiple opportunities to deliver but he repeatedly failed.  That’s the truth.

Dak has shown enough this year. We all act like it's easy pickings to find a QB who consistently shows up well at the biggest moments.

I was a critic and now I am silenced.

Now we need everyone to focus our attention on the offensive coaching and adding play-makers in the secondary.

Theres sooooo many areas that are fixable in our team right now and we think Dak missing couple throws is the issue? How about good offensive play design

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Ben, Brady, Troy, all had won SB's at this point.

Who were their HCs cal? 

Who are the only 4 coaches left in the playoffs now ? Andy Reid, Billichek, Sean McVay & Sean Payton

Garrett may not be great but do we even have a good enough offensive co-coordinator to make up for that?

Our coaching is holding this team back from the superbowl. 

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I get your point, but Brees was a 2-year starter when Rivers was drafted (Brees only played in 1 game his rookie year). It doesn’t discount how horrible he was in those two seasons, though. He was dreadful.

1 hour ago, The_Slamman said:

My argument against Dak has nothing to do with the defense...  nothing at all.  Compare the resources given to the defenses vs the offense.  The defense is the afterthought of this team.  The defense has 2 first round draft picks, no significant FA pick ups, and not nearly the same money invested on defense as there is on offense.

The offense has 4 first round draft picks (5 if you count Collins), Williams was a second round pick, gallop was a third round pick, Hurns was our biggest FA pick up this offseason.  I’m terms of money, the cowboys have spent far more on offense than the defense.  

So what I’m saying is that the team is built with an offense first mentality.  With all of the resources given to Dak, Dak needed to do way more than what he did.  He had multiple opportunities to deliver but he repeatedly failed.  That’s the truth.

Look no further than our second possession the first quarter. On 3rd and 4, Quincy (with no pressure from the defense) had a wide open Gallup running a flat route 7 yards out and threw it 4 yards over his head. That play would’ve resulted in a first down. Instead, we had to punt. He misses throws like that (and ones which are even shorter) too often. In fact, Aikman and Buck commented immediately after that miss that Quincy misses too many easy throws like that.

And, in the second quarter, a running lane opens up right in front of him where he had a good 25-30 yards to run, but chooses to throw a terrible pass to the sideline which fell incomplete.

These are consistent problems with him, and they’re because he lacks pocket and field awareness. Coaching can only do so much to improve that. But, it can’t improve the mediocre arm talent and inaccuracy.

Wow no surprise here some people still think Dak is not a NFL quality starter capable of winning in today’s games

now I can almost guarantee there isn’t a cowboy fam out there that hasn’t cussed complained about a missed pass and I won’t go into why nit picking a single play is silly 

It’s just the revisionist history that some of you have is kinda silly  we keep saying he will improve like all young QB’s  and people say he never will who knows but to this point history does show young QB that have success if keep playing in a stable system will improve

then there is well he will never win a shoot out     

Also mentioned Ben Brady Aikmen   Won by now. Well you should have said Wilson not Aikmen (yr4). But yeah I imagine 30 teams would want those four coming out college now AND good luck finding a Brady or Ben or Wilson. But you know what about all those first QB wins.  None of them had to win any shoot outs to win the super bowl their first time in.  What Dak did for us in both games this year and two years ago even would have been enough to win the super bowl for all those who win it by year 3.  Not one played any play off game where their opponent scored over 18 points in the playoffs for their first super bowl win .   Ps this includes Aikmens first win as well   Those teams won with solid if not dominating defense and mistake free offenses that found a way to win it at the end   Something that did not apply to the two losses Dak has in the playoffs 

Guys it is a team gane and rarely if ever do young QB carry a team to a super bowl sure they can win it at the end with a winning drive something Dak is more then capable of doing and has done but win 35-30 games as a young QB and a Super Bowl Not happened yet

we shall see though if Goff and or Mahomes this year win a high scoring game next week and then a super bowl That would be a first   

6 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Exactly. And since were going to be paying Dak like a difference maker, might as well learn to expect more games like this.

The defense was horrible. What happens when we start losing our top talent on D because we paid Dak?

10 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

I’m not sure how that’s the conclusion you come to from watching that game. Dak’s level of play wasn’t spectacular, but it wasn’t bad either. The defense is obviously the culprit. If you give up close to 300 yards rushing you’re probably losing the football game.

It’s true, the defense was the cause

but, dak averages about 20-22 points a game, takes more to beat the rams with that

also, my point on stopping the cowboys running game stands, look at all the games it happened, just not this one

stop zeke and you win

7 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Amen.

Archived