Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

7 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

My argument against Dak has nothing to do with the defense...  nothing at all.  Compare the resources given to the defenses vs the offense.  The defense is the afterthought of this team.  The defense has 2 first round draft picks, no significant FA pick ups, and not nearly the same money invested on defense as there is on offense.

The offense has 4 first round draft picks (5 if you count Collins), Williams was a second round pick, gallop was a third round pick, Hurns was our biggest FA pick up this offseason.  I’m terms of money, the cowboys have spent far more on offense than the defense.  

So what I’m saying is that the team is built with an offense first mentality.  With all of the resources given to Dak, Dak needed to do way more than what he did.  He had multiple opportunities to deliver but he repeatedly failed.  That’s the truth.

It’s actually 5 discounting Collins, although one of them didn’t play a snap this year.

Not sure if youspecifically omitted Frederick for that reason or if you forgot Cooper but I thought I’d mention, because one shudders to think about where this offense would have finished statistically had we not traded for Amari.

8 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

My argument against Dak has nothing to do with the defense...  nothing at all.  Compare the resources given to the defenses vs the offense.  The defense is the afterthought of this team.  The defense has 2 first round draft picks, no significant FA pick ups, and not nearly the same money invested on defense as there is on offense.

The offense has 4 first round draft picks (5 if you count Collins), Williams was a second round pick, gallop was a third round pick, Hurns was our biggest FA pick up this offseason.  I’m terms of money, the cowboys have spent far more on offense than the defense.  

So what I’m saying is that the team is built with an offense first mentality.  With all of the resources given to Dak, Dak needed to do way more than what he did.  He had multiple opportunities to deliver but he repeatedly failed.  That’s the truth.

So Hurns counts as an investment in the offense, but Taco doesn't count for the defense? That is so intellectually dishonest, it would be infuriating if it weren't so comical.

The defense was historically bad on Sunday. Dak, the 3rd year 4th round quarterback with 6 game winning drives this season, didn't do enough to overcome that. You are correct about that.

The Cowboys offense showed signs of life after importing Amari Cooper via trade. Dallas, however, came up short in Saturday's 30-22 playoff loss to the Los Angeles Rams. With Ezekiel Elliott stymied for 47 rushing yards, the Cowboys put up just 308 total yards on the night, including a season-low 1-of-10 on third downs.

I would definatly say he didn't do enough. 

That drive with La'el "sacking" Dak...I can't help but feel like it would have ended in a TD. Dak didn't play great, but he did enough. He improved a lot down the stretch and if you can't see that I don't know what to tell you.

Here's hoping he continues to progress and we find a OC that can benefit him.

2 minutes ago, D82 said:

That drive with La'el "sacking" Dak...I can't help but feel like it would have ended in a TD. Dak didn't play great, but he did enough. 

Did enough for what exactly? He's lucky some of his interceptions were dropped tbh

18 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

The Cowboys offense showed signs of life after importing Amari Cooper via trade. Dallas, however, came up short in Saturday's 30-22 playoff loss to the Los Angeles Rams. With Ezekiel Elliott stymied for 47 rushing yards, the Cowboys put up just 308 total yards on the night, including a season-low 1-of-10 on third downs.

I would definatly say he didn't do enough. 

Cowboys this season averaged 2.02 points per drive. On Saturday, they scored 2.75 points per drive. On the season, they averaged 33.35 yards per drive. On Saturday, that number was 38.5.

Did Dak single-handedly lift his team to victory? Did he look like a Hall of Fame quarterback? No. Agreed. But the defense? The defense allowed 459 yards, including 273 on the ground! 

Just now, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Cowboys this season averaged 2.02 points per drive. On Saturday, they scored 2.75 points per drive. On the season, they averaged 33.35 yards per drive. On Saturday, that number was 38.5.

Did Dak single-handedly lift his team to victory? Did he look like a Hall of Fame quarterback? No. Agreed. But the defense? The defense allowed 459 yards, including 253 on the ground! 

Yeah the defense was trash.

5 minutes ago, D82 said:

How many QBs can you say that about? It happens to the best of them. 

I'm not sure. The Rams dropped an INT. Seattle actually picked him off. The Buccaneers LB dropped a pick 6. Jack rabbit dropped a pick 6. IND picked him off once, and philly twice.

That's the last 6 games he played

4 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I'm not sure. The Rams dropped an INT. Seattle actually picked him off. The Buccaneers LB dropped a pick 6. Jack rabbit dropped a pick 6. IND picked him off once, and philly twice.

That's the last 6 games he played

Yes but.... defensive players play defense because they can't catch.

Archived