Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Excuse me? He's the one that said he wants to be in the position with the ball in his hands to win the game. The Rams stacked the box to stop Zeke and Dak couldn't take advantage of that and he's the one some people wanna pay 30 million a year too.

Dude.....

I'm neither in Resilent2's camp nor Daboys side of the Dak argument. Just like the Romo debate it's a team sport. Everything and everybody feeds off of each other. The D let us down massively. And frankly so did Richard and RM for allowing there DL scheme to be tipped off. Dak by far did not play perfectly. But we did not lose to the Rams because of him. We scored and our defense (thanks Heath) let them run out the clock. And I realize it's easy to pound on SL because it's deserved. But everyone including all other 31 teams fans know SL did him no favors.

4 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

Dude.....

I'm neither in Resilent2's camp nor Daboys side of the Dak argument. Just like the Romo debate it's a team sport. Everything and everybody feeds off of each other. The D let us down massively. And frankly so did Richard and RM for allowing there DL scheme to be tipped off. Dak by far did not play perfectly. But we did not lose to the Rams because of him. We scored and our defense (thanks Heath) let them run out the clock. And I realize it's easy to pound on SL because it's deserved. But everyone including all other 31 teams fans know SL did him no favors.

Not saying you are.

But who's the one being called a franchise QB by the team owner? Who's the one who's supposed to be paid like a top tier QB when he doesn't deliver the part?

Zeke may have only gained 50 yards but it's because most of the entire defensive philosophy was to stop him. Really he earned his paycheck that game by taking the bulk of the pressure off the passing game and we didn't capitalize on that. You blame the defense but how many times has this defense bailed the offense out of games? We are supposed to pay DLaw top dollar well for the most part he's earned it. Zeke too, the only one who hasn't truly earned it was the guy who actually had most things going his way during that game.

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

Not saying you are.

But who's the one being called a franchise QB by the team owner? Who's the one who's supposed to be paid like a top tier QB when he doesn't deliver the part?

Zeke may have only gained 50 yards but it's because most of the entire defensive philosophy was to stop him. Really he earned his paycheck that game by taking the bulk of the pressure off the passing game and we didn't capitalize on that. You blame the defense but how many times has this defense bailed the offense out of games? We are supposed to pay DLaw top dollar well for the most part he's earned it. Zeke too, the only one who hasn't truly earned it was the guy who actually had most things going his way during that game.

My camp comment was simply stating I don't have an axe to grind either way in the Dak argument.

Yes, the defense bailed us several times. Hence why it's so disappointing they failed so bad in the Rams game. So they stacked the box. We agree on everything except I blame SL more for the loss the Dak in this game. How many RPO's....one...maybe two. He simply didn't and hasn't utilized his skills as the OC. Sure...Hey....go draft a QB. If we can get one not picking until the 50's or whatever.

1 minute ago, HDsportsfan said:

My camp comment was simply stating I don't have an axe to grind either way in the Dak argument.

Yes, the defense bailed us several times. Hence why it's so disappointing they failed so bad in the Rams game. So they stacked the box. We agree on everything except I blame SL more for the loss the Dak in this game. How many RPO's....one...maybe two. He simply didn't and hasn't utilized his skills as the OC. Sure...Hey....go draft a QB. If we can get one not picking until the 50's or whatever.

Who said draft a QB in the 50's?

It never hurts to have competition. People were baffled why the Redskins drafted Kirk Cousins the same year as RG3 and yet it turned out to be one of the smartest decisions they made in years.

Also there was several plays where Dak could have extended the drive just by running and he didn't. He was trying to make the pass work when he clearly had the first down had he just took off. SL was fired because of his inept OC handling, we should hold Dak to the same standard.

21 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Who said draft a QB in the 50's?

It never hurts to have competition. People were baffled why the Redskins drafted Kirk Cousins the same year as RG3 and yet it turned out to be one of the smartest decisions they made in years.

Also there was several plays where Dak could have extended the drive just by running and he didn't. He was trying to make the pass work when he clearly had the first down had he just took off. SL was fired because of his inept OC handling, we should hold Dak to the same standard.

Maybe he didn't run for a reason.

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 3:07 PM, DaBoys said:

Alright one more excuse is gone!

Last offseason:

Dak sucks because of Dez or Linehan. Fire Dez

1 year later:

Dak sucks because of Linehan. Fire Linehan.

Dak really needs to step it up this year. Nothing out of this world but hitting 30 TDs would be cool.

OK lets get started. Dak "sucked" so lets fire Dez- or maybe everyone in the lookeroom /staff etc got tired of what Dez may have been doing behind the scenes. Combine that with what was clearly a decline in play+contract led to Dez getting the AX NOT Dak. But OKlets blame Dak anyhow.

Then we blame "Dak sucking" and getting SL fired. NO NO NO NO NO  NO NO NO. This has to be trolling Dak at its highest level. SL got fired because SL ABSOULUTELY IS A TERRIBLE OC. Don't think there is a single fan/poster here or anywhere else that would support SL after watching his totally INCOMPETENT calls TIME and TIME AGAIN.

Every time something fails on this team, you somehow deflect to Dak! OC is straight trash - because "Dak sucks", Dez gets cut, because "Dak sucks" The defense gave up 300 yds rushing in a playoff game = Dak sucks. This constant blaming and scapegoating Dak for everything is trolling. What I haven't figured out is why.

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 11:26 AM, DaBoys said:

Dak didn't prove anything except that a WR can take a 10 yard slant 70 yards to the house sometimes.

NO Dak improved greatly after the Coop trade and you saying it is because Coop can RAC is minimizing at it's best.

Oh and your boy Amari averaged 50 YPG and had but ONE TD in the last 5 games with us.

how much of that is on DaK? vs defensive strategies combined with WORST OC PLAY CALLING EVER???? 

In case you were to busy worshipping Dak to not put out your candles, get off your knees, and open your eyes to realize our offense was terrible this year.

the offense sucked this year. But improved when Dallas did actually bring in a SINGLE weapon. ALL WHILE having a now fired OC and what should be a fired HC. 

And the only reason you were able to enjoy SOME of this season is because our defense. You were wrong about Dak dating back to last off season in the Dez watch thread. You said last off season you were going to "come after me" when Dak lights it up this year and guess what you never got to do?

Yes my mistake thinking the coaches were actually going to supply some freaking weapons. They didn't until mid season and the results proved me right.

Yeah he was. Very near in fact. So near that someone had to get fired for how bad it sucked. This is in fact a 107 page thread, that I didn't start, discussing the suckage.

The suckage of an offense NOT DAK is the only thing that was proven. the suckage of total team incompetence that has plagued this franchise since before Dak was even born. Having the worst OC and a really useless puppet like HC is just the latest example of organizational suckage. there is also a Dak is a GROWN man thread. so your point??

No.... he didn't. Cooper looked really good AFTER the catch. The only thing that proved was Dak is going to need someone to take a 10 yard pass to the house if we want to go deep. What records did he break? Rookie records in 2016? Cool. Most consecutive starts? Wow! Our very own ELI!!!

Dak broke so many records that I can't even remember them all. But some were - most wins in his first 3 years. Least turnover for ANY QB IN HISTORY in his first 3 years starting. Highest 4th quarter rating when team is within a score. Not necessarily a record, but most clutch QB on last second drives. Most durable .. I will edit more as I remember them.

ALL WHILE being one of the most well liked team leader, who shows nothing bit poise and grace when adversity hits the hardest. Dak's intangibles can't even be quantified into stats. But hey. feel free to minimize Dak's accomplishments as much as you can. that the rights in a forum I guess.

10 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Ughhhh. He is not a franchise QB. We can win with him. But he does not deserve that franchise label. Until he proves it on the big stage likeot the one he just g his a$$ kicked off of.

you mean the game where Dak was watching most of it from the sideline while the Rams ran all day and night on us???

yeah Dak's fault >:(

in fact a single stop in 2017 against GB on a 4th and forever and Dallas gets to the NFC title game.

2019 Dallas defense was a total no show, other wise Dak again would have led his team to the to the title game.

5 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

you mean the game where Dak was watching most of it from the sideline while the Rams ran all day and night on us???

yeah Dak's fault >:(

in fact a single stop in 2017 against GB on a 4th and forever and Dallas gets to the NFC title game.

2019 Dallas defense was a total no show, other wise Dak again would have led his team to the to the title game.

Lmao so we have to have an elite defense and a couple of catch calls to go our way and this would be a non issue right? Wanna know what Brady did tonight? He had some calls reversed that could have ended their season. You know what he did? He didn't rely on an elite defense to win, he went back and made another drive extending play. Then another one and then another one. We keep hearing about Dak having the most 4th quarter comebacks and such well we needed one of those here and he didn't deliver.

I don't care what did go our way and what didn't in terms of bad ref calls. Fact is his play didn't benefit us the way you would expect from a "franchise" QB. Especially one who's supposedly known for his comebacks. Ram scored 30 on us but were very beatable had we taken advantage of their secondary. Linehan was a idiot and couldn't do it. H/e Dak missed some very clear opportunities that could got us back in the lead.

Until Dak actually proves it, he is not a franchise player.

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Lmao so we have to have an elite defense and a couple of catch calls to go our way and this would be a non issue right? Wanna know what Brady did tonight? He had some calls reversed that could have ended their season. You know what he did? He didn't rely on an elite defense to win, he went back and made another drive extending play. Then another one and then another one. We keep hearing about Dak having the most 4th quarter comebacks and such well we needed one of those here and he didn't deliver.

I don't care what did go our way and what didn't in terms of bad ref calls. Fact is his play didn't benefit us the way you would expect from a "franchise" QB. Especially one who's supposedly known for his comebacks. Ram scored 30 on us but were very beatable had we taken advantage of their secondary. Linehan was a idiot and couldn't do it. H/e Dak missed some very clear opportunities that could got us back in the lead.

Until Dak actually proves it, he is not a franchise player.

our elite defensive was an all time worst in that playoff game.

was Romo a franchise QB? 

Dan Marino was his second year and never a franchise QB again I guess.

Just now, resilient part 2 said:

our elite defensive was an all time worst in that playoff game.

was Romo a franchise QB? 

Dan Marino was his second year and never a franchise QB again I guess.

How many times do we need an elite defense to bail this offense out? There is a reason why SL was fired and not Richard and Rod. But Dak needs to be held accountable too. As bad as everyone else was, Cooper and Gallup were lights out that game and he failed to take advantage of their game.

3 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

How many times do we need an elite defense to bail this offense out? There is a reason why SL was fired and not Richard and Rod. But Dak needs to be held accountable too. As bad as everyone else was, Cooper and Gallup were lights out that game and he failed to take advantage of their game.

there is a BIG difference between Dak needing to play better and Dak "got his *** kicked or sucked"

and even an average day by our defense instead of "elite" and Dallas wins that game.

Archived