Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

Here is my thought on an extension. I’m not for it, but I’m also not against it either. If we are gonna do it, do it now. 3 year, 30-45 mil deal total. He has shown nothing to warrant a massive lucrative deal. If he wants that, he needs to go out and earn it.

That size of a deal shows a Luke warm commitment to him but also doesn’t tie our hands if he continues to flop and not progress. 

This also tells me that if we want to proceed forward with Dak, we need to go in an entirely different direction with our offensive coaching staff to include HC. Cause he is regressing in just about every catagory. We need a new offensive philosophy that can get the most out of Dak, and these guys just don’t cut it. 

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Now you guys can panic.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25196192/dallas-cowboys-owner-jerry-jones-gives-support-quarterback-dak-prescott?platform=amp

"Listen, Dak is the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys," Jones said on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas on Tuesday. "He's young and he's going to get extended."

We’re totally fuked, for years to come

And for the Cowboy faithful out there. I hope you know Jerry publicly endorsing Dak is a huge problem for us.

Even if you guys still believe in Dak and who knows even if there is a chance he can be redeemed this is a huge problem for potential Head Coaching candidates. It's not unheard of for a player to be a lock to stay on the team when they have superstar status. H/e Dak has struggled in a big way. If we are trying to bring in a new HC possibly a offensive minded guy who just doesn't see Dak as "his" guy. We pretty much lost that Riley, LaFluer, type of guy. Coaches (good and great ones) have to have things their way. It's both an ego and visionary thing. What Jerry just did was severely limit the pool of coaches who would even be willing to come in for a interview not because of just Dak who would only be a small problem. But because the owner said "this is the way it is" with a struggling starter at the most important position on the team. So best of luck finding a coach that's worth a damn. I wonder if Richard even sticks around for the HC job. We sure as hell wouldn't get a guy like Harbaugh, or McCarthy with the owner saying a thing like this is "final". A owner who some of you still believe doesn't have any power anymore.

20 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

And for the Cowboy faithful out there. I hope you know Jerry publicly endorsing Dak is a huge problem for us.

Even if you guys still believe in Dak and who knows even if there is a chance he can be redeemed this is a huge problem for potential Head Coaching candidates. It's not unheard of for a player to be a lock to stay on the team when they have superstar status. H/e Dak has struggled in a big way. If we are trying to bring in a new HC possibly a offensive minded guy who just doesn't see Dak as "his" guy. We pretty much lost that Riley, LaFluer, type of guy. Coaches (good and great ones) have to have things their way. It's both an ego and visionary thing. What Jerry just did was severely limit the pool of coaches who would even be willing to come in for a interview not because of just Dak who would only be a small problem. But because the owner said "this is the way it is" with a struggling starter at the most important position on the team. So best of luck finding a coach that's worth a damn. I wonder if Richard even sticks around for the HC job. We sure as hell wouldn't get a guy like Harbaugh, or McCarthy with the owner saying a thing like this is "final". A owner who some of you still believe doesn't have any power anymore.

I honestly think the endorsing of Dak is more for encouragement purposes than anything else right now. I mean, obviously nobody wants him to fail and JJ is always pretty loyal to the players. Rarely hear him say something directly negative towards any of them'

I doubt any contract is getting done with the current state of coaching staff too ...........

.......... but, then again, who knows with this organization. They really do some amazingly stupid ****. 

I take any and everything Jerry says with a grain of salt. His ego is off the charts 

I don’t really want to get too much into this but will repeat.  

Dak showed me in the past enough skill/ability to win a super bowl with the right pieces around him 

one of the huge parts of any professional players success is having confidence in what you do.   I have always seen Dak play with a ton of confidence but if things continue more like the Ten game he is gonna loose his confindence and he will be done in a cowboy uniform.   Still don’t think we are even close to that point yet but if the playcalling doesn’t even out and the OL doesn’t improve then yeah I can see us getting to that point.   

But also the reality is if Dak and coaching staff is done then expect at least 4 more years of BAD football like we saw Monday 

it will take that long to get another QB (no guarantee guys he’s better than Dak) replenish the OL and get another quality RB and replace DLaw who will have moved on by then as well 

personally I’m hopping that it was just a perfect storm. Cooper had not enough time to acclimate our offense enough to open it up down field.  And we played one of the top five D in the game and a team that was more desperate then us a good team who also had some bad losses making their record worse then it should be.  There last loss was against SD one of the top teams in AFC by failing on a two point conversion to end the game rather then a extra point for OT. They also had been playing with a non healthy QB until this game..... had injured throwing hand that was slowly recovering. 

On 11/3/2018 at 9:52 PM, Matts4313 said:

Romo wasnt in his helmet. Romo had no communication while Dak was on the field. Only on the sidelines. 

On 11/4/2018 at 2:35 PM, D82 said:

And Romo wasn't giving Dak any help. If anybody was, it was Sanchez. 

On 11/4/2018 at 2:38 PM, Matts4313 said:

I dont know where this narrative that Romo coached Dak is rookie year came from, but its all over the internet. Its pure speculative BS, but people are parroting it like gospel. 

It came from Dak.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/video/prescott-tony-is-benefitting-me-on-and-off-field-419526

"I mean, Tony did an amazing job of helping me out. I think that's what Tony realized is that, he couldn't necessarily control whether he was going to play or not. But what he can control is our relationship," Prescott told Eisen. "And I think Tony did a great job, and I commend Tony and thank him so much for that -- of being another coach for me, of helping me out, of in the middle of the game, at practice, on the field [and] off the field, giving me advice."

https://www.dallascowboys.com/video/prescott-tony-is-benefitting-me-on-and-off-field-419526

Q: "What does it mean to have Tony back in the locker room and meetings?"

Dak: "It's good. Anytime Tony's around he's nothing but help. He's benefiting me on and off the field."

I agree that his falling off has more to do with the playbook opening up for him. His rookie year we protected him within the scheme, ran the ball hard, and he looked good. Since then we have thrown more and more at Dak, and thrown more and more with Dak. The results have been bad. People remember Daks comments about Romo in 2016 and wonder if Romo was really helping that much.

Listening to Tony Romo announce games, I'm sure if you are in the same room as him you are learning stuff about football.

23 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Career game-winning drive opportunity records Dak Prescott: 11-9 (.550),  Nick Foles: 10-12 (.455),  Carson Wentz: 3-11 ( .214).

QBR on those drives Dak - 79.3,  Foles - 59.3,  Wentz - 51.4.     

One of Wentz's 3 GWD was a 61-yd FG by Elliott.xD

9 minutes ago, 5x10 said:

Why the hell is dak falling backwards while throwing this? He’s not getting hit, there isn’t anyone in his face

we was lucky to complete it

Some of the things people find to be critical. That was an all out blitz that Dak threw while he was still in his drop back. That was an accurate pass without his feet set. He read the defense and make a quick decision. 

Archived