Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Some of the things people find to be critical. That was an all out blitz that Dak threw while he was still in his drop back. That was an accurate pass without his feet set. He read the defense and make a quick decision. 

We got lucky that play

see the same play sail over the receivers head way too often 

3 minutes ago, 5x10 said:

We got lucky that play

see the same play sail over the receivers head way too often 

Do you remember when the Redskins knocked us out of the playoffs Romos like 4-5th year? Final game of the season? 

Do you remember the big knock against Romo after that game?

Hint - It was all you have to do is Blitz him. He doesnt read it well enough and will panic. 3rd year Dak is reading better than ~5th year Romo. 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Do you remember when the Redskins knocked us out of the playoffs Romos like 4-5th year? Final game of the season? 

Do you remember the big knock against Romo after that game?

Hint - It was all you have to do is Blitz him. He doesnt read it well enough and will panic. 3rd year Dak is reading better than ~5th year Romo. 

Youre right

lets ignore bad habits cause he completed the pass

daks better than romo, lol

16 minutes ago, 5x10 said:

Youre right

lets ignore bad habits cause he completed the pass

daks better than romo, lol

It wasnt a bad habit. It was an off balance throw because the Eagles sent an all out blitz. They had more coming than we had blocking. Had he stopped to set his feet, chances are they get to him. How about we praise success instead of creating false narratives. 

And I didnt say Dak is a better player than Romo. I said that play is a successful one that took Romo years to master. 

18 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

It wasnt a bad habit. It was an off balance throw because the Eagles sent an all out blitz. They had more coming than we had blocking. Had he stopped to set his feet, chances are they get to him. How about we praise success instead of creating false narratives. 

And I didnt say Dak is a better player than Romo. I said that play is a successful one that took Romo years to master. 

Lol, do you teach your pee wee players that’s its ok not to step into the throw, as long as they complete the pass?

5 minutes ago, 5x10 said:

Lol, do you teach your pee wee players that’s its ok not to step into the throw, as long as they complete the pass?

Whatever buddy. Im not going to get into a pissing match with you. Ill just simply ask you to watch tonights game, watch the QBs, count the off balance throws. I would put the over on 5. Each. So 10+ total tonight alone. 

Football isnt a game were everything is perfect. Some times you have an 8 man blitz, 1-2 seconds to throw and you have throw on the move. 

And yes, we do train for throws on the move. Including throwing while dropping back (screen plays) and moving horizontally (bootlegs). Its a basic ability of playing QB. 

37 minutes ago, 5x10 said:

Mechanics matter

Duh. And Daks pocket mechanics arent that good. This play wasnt in a clean pocket, you chose a terrible example. 

As an add on, so does having the ability to throw in various scenarios. Most people believe Dak is at his best throwing off balance/on the move. This is an example of his strength. 

21 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

They had more coming than we had blocking. Had he stopped to set his feet, chances are they get to him.

Chances are also the DB has time to catch up Beaze and get an interception. Sometimes you have to do ugly because pretty don't exist.

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Duh. And Daks pocket mechanics arent that good. This play wasnt in a clean pocket, you chose a terrible example. 

As an add on, so does having the ability to throw in various scenarios. Most people believe Dak is at his best throwing off balance/on the move. This is an example of his strength. 

How is that not a clean pocket?

go watch it again

at least you agree his pocket mechanics suck, this is just another example

not even close to being touched and he throws while going backwards, exactly opposite of what they teach you

lucky to complete it

22 minutes ago, 5x10 said:

How is that not a clean pocket?

go watch it again

at least you agree his pocket mechanics suck, this is just another example

not even close to being touched and he throws while going backwards, exactly opposite of what they teach you

lucky to complete it

Look at 1:05. Just a second (maybe less in real time) after he released it. Both DEs are free, the DT and LB did a stunt and the LB is about to run through the middle.

Its clean during his drop back, but he threw it mid drop back. Had he actually finished it and set his feet, they would have been in his face and Cole would have been pressed against the side line. 

If he attempts to step up he has the entire right side of his OL getting pushed back and again a soon to be free LB in his face. 

He threw it when he had to. 

And I said hit pocket mechanics were not great. I didnt say it sucks, its mediocre though and the #1 thing he needs to work on. Unfortunately I think he keeps trying to imitate the Romo spin scrambles and that just aint it for him.

Archived