Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

That's the play that Troy Aikman was saying no one was open, and they did the camera toggle through the receivers to "prove" nobody was open. It got to Swaim and he has his freaking hand in the air!

And as I told somebody in the GDT,  yes I know receivers always do that, but this proves he was open. And I'd be hesitant to assume Swaim is the type to always be calling for the ball.

"As much as anything else we had some minus plays," coach Jason Garrett said. "We had some sacks. We had some negative plays. Just because you're not throwing the ball down the field doesn't mean you don't have [deep passes] called.." ?

"I was off," Prescott said. "That stuff you have to go back and look on film. I have to figure out what I was off. Was I rushing it? Did I feel pressure? What were the things causing it? Was it just me missing the pass? That's not anything that I can judge right now."

"If I play my game, I do what I am asked to do, all that stuff will come. It's not anything I worry about," Prescott said.

I have a hard time responding to all these comments when I'm on the run and only able to get to my phone. But I also can't imagine just a season and a half ago Dak Prescott had something like 24 touchdowns three interceptions while completing I think 67% all while leading the Cowboys to a record best 13 and 3, which was coming off of 4 and 12 season, almost beating Green Bay in a game that we should have won, all while winning Rookie of the Year and in a year and a half of suspensions and injuries and losing all these weapons, but still maintaining the worst coaching staff in football you have forgotten how poised and accurate doc was. Again excuse the typos but this is the situation I am in at the moment

I know this is very much of what have you done lately for me crowd. And I know this many still hurt that Dak beat out Romo. But the way some of you are under selling Doc is a joke in my opinion again many many good solid quarterbacks have trash games and yet they don't get anywhere near the over-reaction that this Cowboy base seems to put

42 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I know this is very much of what have you done lately for me crowd. And I know this many still hurt that Dak beat out Romo. But the way some of you are under selling Doc is a joke in my opinion again many many good solid quarterbacks have trash games and yet they don't get anywhere near the over-reaction that this Cowboy base seems to put

It isn't that Dak had a trash game.  It is that he has consistently had trash games.  I will give him the rest of the season, but if he looks even close to what he did this last week the rest of the year, it is time to move on.

1 hour ago, Revenant said:

It isn't that Dak had a trash game.  It is that he has consistently had trash games.  I will give him the rest of the season, but if he looks even close to what he did this last week the rest of the year, it is time to move on.

Qft

Dak's first 25 games

506 of 756 [66.9%]
5787 yds
42 TDs
9 INTs
Y/A - 7.66 (Ryan/Rivers territory)

Dak's past 9 games

154 of 260 [59.6%] 
1676 yds
6 TDs
9 INTs
Y/A - 6.45 (Beathard/Kizer territory)

Whatever happened in the Atlanta game last year (start of past 9), Dak hasn't shaken it. Offense hasn't shaken it. Coaches haven't overcome it. 

But, to say Dak isn't capable is being dishonest. You don't do what he did and then completely lose the ability to do anything. 

50 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Dak's first 25 games

506 of 756 [66.9%]
5787 yds
42 TDs
9 INTs
Y/A - 7.66 (Ryan/Rivers territory)

Dak's past 9 games

154 of 260 [59.6%] 
1676 yds
6 TDs
9 INTs
Y/A - 6.45 (Beathard/Kizer territory)

Whatever happened in the Atlanta game last year (start of past 9), Dak hasn't shaken it. Offense hasn't shaken it. Coaches haven't overcome it. 

But, to say Dak isn't capable is being dishonest. You don't do what he did and then completely lose the ability to do anything. 

Vince Young and RG3 say otherwise.

I mean, his stats are nearly i freaking dentical to RG3. Down to the exact same number of interceptions(the best thing about Dak) over the first 2 years. 

32 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Vince Young and RG3 say otherwise.

I mean, his stats are nearly i freaking dentical to RG3. Down to the exact same number of interceptions(the best thing about Dak) over the first 2 years. 

Young was more running back than QB and a major headcase. He was awful and really doesn't belong in same discussion. I could possibly hop on board with RG3 though. I do believe that knee injury real screwed him up in some ways. He was never really close to the same after that as I recall. Seem to recall him being a bit full of himself and a bit of a headcase too. 

Dak has been none of these to my knowledge. 

13 hours ago, DaBoys said:

That's the play that Troy Aikman was saying no one was open, and they did the camera toggle through the receivers to "prove" nobody was open. It got to Swaim and he has his freaking hand in the air!

And as I told somebody in the GDT,  yes I know receivers always do that, but this proves he was open. And I'd be hesitant to assume Swaim is the type to always be calling for the ball.

For me, it's not the fact that he missed Swaim that concerns me, QBs miss open players every game. It's the arm talent. Even if Dak saw Swaim on that play, I doubt Dak could even get the ball there for the TD.

Does he hit Swaim on the money for the score? Or is it woefully underthrown, resulting in Swaim laughing at him (ala Blake Jarwin)? I hope I'm wrong, but Dak cannot throw. 

The first game doesn't really matter TBH in the grand scheme of things. What matters is when you tack on the next 15 with this one. If this offense goes limp for the rest of the season when it's expected to reform. I really do hope Stephen Jones tries to copy the Eagles and just starts over with a new HC and a new QB. Honestly I hope we see rookie season Dak with improved accuracy and decision making and it stays that way because franchise QB's don't come around often. But if not, I just can't trust Dak with another downer season.

It's not because I don't think Dak isn't NFL material. I think he proved his rookie season he could succeed in the NFL. H/e I think this coaching staff may have ruined his ability and confidience the same way the Texans did with David Carr. He was never the same QB when he left Houston and that's because they ruined him. It's sad, but its nearly impossible to salvage a damaged psyche.

If Dak goes on like this. We may 5 even maybe 6 games. Hopefully if that is our best case scenario we win less to have a shot at a higher draft pick. But one thing is for sure. If we are anywhere close to 8-8 again this coaching staff needs to go. Even Jerry's ego can only take so much humiliation, especially with the Eagles up and coming off a SB win.

Archived